Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - The Unlikely Prophets OOC Thread

Charlotte

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

As long as she's offering everyone, I'm okay with it.

Of course, that would mean the Order can still use it.

Hm.

Still, it feels wrong to refuse a surrender as long as it's not conditional.

It may cause problems later on, but the easy way isn't always the right way.

Necro is willing to accept the surrender, but very uncomfortable with the idea of immortality. He's skeptical that staying down here in the garden for eternity is as good a deal as they think it is and might say so. Also apt to try and heal up the fallen if it seems reasonable to gorgons and allies. No need to be impolite about the whole thing, eh?

Guest Anonymous

Man, Gorgons are jerks. I'm having second thoughts here folks. What say we put scaly princess down and help stage a Minotaur revolution?

Necronaut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some background details, on what Eiko just pulled out of the box.

The world of Unlikely Prophets, as far as public knowledge is concerned, mirrors our own up until the Gap. Up until 1996, things happened the same as in our world. So superheroes, and the comics and other media they stared in, are the same.

However, none of these particular superheroes have been published since the Rise of the Order, and knowledge of the superheroes in the Gap - real or imaginary - is non-existent. Moreover, of all the things the Order "discourages" the study of - freedom, democracy, altruism, individuality, etc - superheroes, real or fictional, are at the very top of the list.

Therefore, if (in character) you are knowledgable about history, you may know some of the names and faces in Eiko's connection. Out of character, the comics and the characters in them are just like you'd remember them if you ever read comics. Eiko has quite a collection, too - hundreds, all pressed together in this longbox.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a wrap for Chapter 3. We are now heading into year 3 of this game.

So some important information:

1) Everyone gets ten (10) power points. This should raise your totals to 165.

2) The power level of this game is now PL11.

3) In addition to these power points, everyone also gets five (5) Equipment Points, with the special restriction that it can only be used to upgrade your "headquarters."

4) To facilitate this construction - undertaken in record time due to your superpowers, Hex's new magical artifact, and the hypertech of the Vault - the game will be entering a few months of downtime for about the next month or so, real-time.

During this downtime, you may:

a) go back to normal society and your normal lives;

B) explore the history of the Vault;

c) talk with each other, with the NPCs such as Matt Cale, Jasmine Gold, and Blackjack;

d) do whatever else strikes your fancy.

Each of you gets full say over what to do with "your" five Equipment Points, though you may lob friendly suggestions at the others. You can name any of the several dozen unnamed NPCs and give them backgrounds in general alignment with revealed information. Most of them have nowhere else to go, and will help in your projects.

Happy Hunting! However.

The Order is very upset now.

Hmm. Two things...

1. I think at first thought, Glitch's HQ EP will go to: Power System, Computers, Library, Workshop and Communications. I also suggest people put in EP on a Security System, Defense System, Concealed, and a Laboratory.

2. How does one upgrade Alternate Powers? Should I purchase New Alt effects after upgrading the base power? Or something else?

I'll be on vacation from Monday the 23rd till Monday the 30th. I won't be at home or near any computer with I-Net Access from Thursday the 26th till Sunday the 29th... BUT I will have my truste iPad and iPhone with me, which allows me to access the net.

We're going to spent a few days at a resort somewhere in the north of Germany with the kids and my In-Laws and depending on our activities there I may have time around the evening hours to check the site and post where I'm needed. If not I'll let you know.

I expect to maintain enough activity to keep things rolling, though.

OK - I'm a bit confused now - which date is the current day in-game?

Edit:

Some research revealed this: In a word, 'stagnant.' Imagine North Korea with an immortal Kim-Jong Il in charge. Despite being thirty years on, it's pretty much like it is right now in terms of science.

Does that mean we're in the year 2041ish? I always assumed we're around 2010/2011 - I understand the Gap was from 1995 to 2011.

You further state that anyone older than 30 (which is the case with Bodhie) has very hazy memories of that time but if the game is set 30 years in the future then Bodhie would be in her 50s/60s. I'm having trouble pointing a finger at what was then and what is now... sorry for the confusion.

The Gap is from 1995 to 2011. It's thirty years after The Day Evil Won - so it's 2041, early summer.

If you were alive during the Gap and old enough to have memories, they will be hazy and filled with holes. You definitely won't remember anything in the timeline Glitch unearthed.

Base-Wise, I'm thinking we should go for Size at least Large and Toughness 15. That's 2 points in toughness and two or three in size. Maybe everyone could toss in a point toward one of these among the other features? It looks to me like 'Isolated' is also a good idea. If we want to be extra cool, we could add a Power: Teleport feature and say that Hex set us up with a permanent tele-portal!

I think Necronaut will go: Size, Infirmary, Double-Concealed and Laboratory.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for my late neglect of updates.

Let me explain:

1.) I was on vacation and now I'm again on vacation - till end of june btw.

2.) I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment. Next week I will be busy doing the floors of our new home, after that I have to fix up another room (my own hobby cellar).

3.) I've focused on two new projects - one of which I will put on ice for the time being - the other is joining 200x. I know I should be focusing more on my own games as ST/GM but sometimes I need some distraction and Fahrenheit is one of my favourite PCs ... so I apologize if things are running a bit slow for the next weeks.

Don't worry - consider it a "summer break" - depending on how "done" I am after *work* - if I feel like it I will post - if not, I will hang out in chat and keep in touch with you all.

All right, I've noticed a dramatic slowdown in posting over the last couple of weeks. Do people want me to move on to the next leg, or do they still have things they want to do and just haven't gotten around to posting about them?

I've been a little distracted, but mostly I'm not sure what to do. Most of Hex's planned activities are solo things. Research on spells and staff, and experiments with keeping the town fed and safe, and keeping her home life going.

Not exactly team friendly foci. Give me the weekend to work it out.

Okay, instead of UPdating today, I'm going to make it formal - we have officially entered downtime and will be doing a couple of time-skips.

So I'd like you to post, either here or in the OOC thread, what you want to do for the immediate future - i.e. the next couple of weeks. Go back to your secret IDs, go through the Vault's archives, set up the HQ... whatever you want. I'd like to hear from everyone by Friday so I can write stuff up. If I don't hear from you I won't leave you behind, but you may not be integrated straight away when I do hear from you.

Let me all know what you want, and the next phase'll begin.

Archived