Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 5a: Zealotry

Dawn OOC

Originally Posted By: Dan Hawkins

He turns back to the sled and Walks over to Violet and James. "Sorry that you got hurt man." He looks to Violet. "Sorry that you went through all of this for nothing. This was not supposed to be this way."

Dan's comment brought Violet back to reality even though she still was visibly shaken by what Myf just did. She smiled at him and nodded slowly. "I suppose that's just the way things are these days. But I do appreciate your effort. I'm glad you stayed with us, I really do.", she looked at his eyes sensing his honest nature and added, "I just want to get back home - take a shower and tend to James' wounds. This was just a bit too much for me."

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon just shuffled his feet a bit at the intimacy of the moment, everyone saying their goodbyes. He still felt guilt for losing it back in Lost Bridge. Even with his new sense of "wholeness" he knew he wasn't one of these people anymore...he was becomming ever more irrevocably inhuman, and that knowledge terrified him.

He almost couldn't bring himself to do it, but through sheer willpower he made himself. After the others had said their goodbyes, Jon just walked up to Gabrielle and her family, not making eye contact until he was in front of her. Gulping slightly he looked into her eyes as if guilty as sin, and filled with naked shame said "I'm...sorry."

She gave Jon a confused frown. She had no idea how to read this man and he seemed to go from hating her to liking her like a lightswitch; she was sure when he was on or off. So she asked sincerely, "For what?"

Gabrielle's eyes flicked over to the girl as well, wondering what had happened there. She shrugged and spoke slowly, choosing her words carefully, "Everyone makes mistakes, Jon. It is how we deal with the consequences of our error that shows us worthy of grace or not. I am not one fit to judge if you fallen or not, only God is. Listen to your heart; that is where He speaks to you."

Jon nods, letting her words sink in.

"I am not a man of faith Gabrielle. My understanding is fueled by observation and the scientific method, although I will be the first to admit that my reliance on reason has been sorely tested this day. You seem to be doing well though. I will let you know what, if anything I can learn from your blood samples. We'll be in touch."

Archived