Aberrant: Dead Rising - Jon's Lab and surroundings

Mr Fox

Here is a google map of the lab and it's surroundings. It is probably around 100 acres enclosed in chainlink fence with two guard posts at the enterances, one on the North and one on the East sides. It has several buildings and is a high security facility, there are cameras that cover every angle and area around the buildings.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=111333529021904595333.0004639070fddd927790d

The area is a target rich environment for a raid there are numerous stores that would have supplies that would be useful. It is also at the outermost edge of the metroplex so it won't be overrun too badly by zombies.

I think using a RL location is a good sart but I had my own idea when I envisioned the place, namely that it was fortified and built like a bunker, to survive nuclear atack if it ever came to that. Not that there wouldn't be signifigant resources topside mind you but just that the most secure labs are underground. Not wanting to start any kind of argument (I know i am prefacing alot of that these days so just making extra clear where I am coming from). Just wanting to get what I paid for (which I am sure Dawn will do, I trust her) and to hold at least a bit of my original vision.

We can discuss. Hope my request is not too unreasonable.

Edit: Just saw the map. Thanks Fox for doing that bit of work. For continuity sake I would ask that you edit it from 'Sky's lab' to 'Jon's lab.' And is this location added to the DR map yet?

Yeah, that's fine with me, just trying to help out. I don't care what the property looks like in this version of reality. You can describe it to your heart content. I was just providing you with the RL location. Btw, I like living here, it's a nice area.

However, in real life the property does have three large towers probably about 5 to 7 stories tall that are used for communications testing. I'd suggest keeping them since they would make excellent lookout/sniper/gun-emplacement locations. You can make the wall around the place brick/concrete if you want instead of chainlink if Dawn approves that. IRL the city of McKinney is one of those towns that dictate to businesses that things have to look a certain way. My job for instance is inside a datacenter which is basically an underground bunker in real life. It's actually earthbermed but the level of the ground is even with the actual roof of the building. The city made the company build the roofline higher however, in order to have windows showing to the outside for the aesthetic value. The windows actually go nowwhere, the back side looks into a crawlspace between the real roof of the building and the fake one they city made them put on. Frakin useless thing to do but the city is anal about anything new that gets built. Keep in mind that if describe it as having solid walls around the place they will have to look attractive on the outside even if they are reinforced concrete on the inside. A fieldstone, or brick facade would be common for the area.

Archived