It's Over!

ronin

White Wolf announced yesterday that within one year's time, they plan to wrap up the entire World of Darkness and end all the WoD lines. Gehenna, the Apocalypse, the Ascension. They're all just around the corner.

On one hand, I'm a fan of some of the WoD games and I'm sad to see them go. Not that there isn't a wealth of material with which one could run WoD games until Doomsday, but it's kind of a bummer to see it finally all come crashing down.

On the other hand, being an Aeoniverse junkie first and foremost, I am more tempted to intone "We don't need no water, let the motherfucker burn! Burn, motherfucker! Burn!"

.Seph

I was at the announcement, and will post more on it later. One thing I need to add now is that they are only ending the current version of the WoD. Everything ends in March and then in August whatever the next incarnation is will arrive.

What's likely to happen now (thank god!) is that they'll have a world with more internal consistency. Instead of attaching things one-by-one, they'll have the chance to have everything planned to be in there in the first place.

Which is similar to Exalted and how they're handling the Dark Ages line.

If you ask me, it's about time. The WoD needs an overhaul, and it looks like WW is going to deliver. I'll leave my final verdict until after the execution, of course...

I have a little inside information on that subject, and without tipping things too much, I don't think there IS going to be a "Sixth Age" in canon.

It might be in the wings for later on, but I'm fairly certain there are no plans for it presently.

.Seph

Well, they do mention a "New" world of darkness in their press release...

The Skinny from the Wolf\'s mouth...

From the release news, I can only guess there is a new world where the supernaturals exist. Perhaps a more Sci-Fi like world? Unless the Technocracy is deleted from the world, things might be like a high-tech paradise.... or a road warrior like wasteland... All that needs to be said, we'll see the "new" world after August 2004.

Oh, There is also news that Adventure is to get more attention... Could a Revival of Aberrant or even Trinity be far behind in the near future?

Anyways, color me curious.

Can anyone get a verification on this...

There is talk on the revival of the Aeoniverse line... Can I get an N!Prime style verification on this?

Seing Trollroot's posts makes me hopeful, but with a name like his, and a doublepost, I get... leery. Before I break out the ampwells, I need some verification before I say WE'RE BACK!. At least with any certainty.

BTW, if it does return... We should try to get some of the regulars and most of the stuff we have come up with, grafted into the Aberrant universe.

It'd be our contribution to a line I and probably most people here feel had been neglected untill WW decided to drop the bomb on the WoD.

Please... let hell freeze over on this one... PLEASE!!!

Archived