A Question to the N! Forum

Nadrakas

Hello,

Two simple questions for those who have been posting or for the owner & operator of this site.

1) Will Exalted be getting it's own Forum Entry?

2) For posting how many characters am I limited to (Not PC's but actual characters in words). I have a few ideas for Exalted & some other RPGs that might take up a lot of room. "Sigh" - the WW forum limits you to 10,000 characters for each post & I don't want to have multiple posts on the same subject.

Honestly, I am not long winded tongue.gif .....but I am looking for a place that doesn't delete their posts after a week. Now some of what I intend to post (let me know if this is ok with you N! Forumites out there).

For Exalted:

Converted D&D Monsters: These will have backgrounds to fit in with exalted & will be more than the Standard Monster Manual Entries. In fact, most of the Critters I intend to pull from WW's Sword & Sorcery line. They just fit Exalted better. I have done up a conversion system between the d20 & Exalted systems, but it is nearly 100,000 characters long (did I mention that I am not long winded? tongue.gif )

Artifacts & Charms: These will be slow in coming, but I believe in Quality over Quantity.

Plots & Stories: Not only for Exalted, but for some of the other WW (and non-WW) games out there.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanks for the use of the N! Forum.

Nadrakas..."I still think that Exalted is the precursor to both the WoD & the Trinity Universe. Just ask me why someday."

------------------

"Life is like a box of Chocolates....it just gets eaten up by greedy people."

As a matter of personal taste and in interest to the solidarity of the site, I'd rather not see an Exalted forum here. This site caters to the Aeoniverse primarily, and as is the old adage, "give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile". Allow Exalted to have a forum and next we'll have new monsters, powers, perhaps even new forums for other WoD games that have nothing to do with what this site was created for. Exalted has a place, and it's on the White Wolf section of these forums and on Exalted fan pages. But I don't think it's here.

--@venger

------------------

Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired.

I understand about not giving Exalted its own Forum on N!. Really I do. But I am looking for a place to post my ideas without having them either 1) Disappear in a week or 2) be Lambasted and Flamed left and right. Both seem to happen on the WW Site way too often (though not too much on the Exalted Forum - yet). In several months I hope to have my own site - but money is tight at the moment (I don't like "Free" Web Hosts - they have to many darn popups). Then I will be posting my ideas there.

If nobody here minds, I will post the Critters & other ideas here. So give me a couple of days & I'll post them.

Oh, and how many Characters (As in Characters in Words) am I limited to here -- as I said, the conversion is approaching 100,000 Characters (I am not long winded - honest).

Nadrakas..."Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Calamari!"

------------------

Hey I love Exalted..but I got to agree here.

The real question if someone want's to do an Adventure page.

I would but I'm busy as all hell...course I wouldn't be too busy to do some contributions to someone who did...nudge nudge

My opinions on an exalted forum are the same as what has already been said. The WW forum is the proper place for all Exalted discussion on this site.

Is anyone interested in doing an Adventure page? I would love to do the design and html for it.

Chosen, I have 10 or 20 megs of unused server space from my isp. you don't have to worry about banners or anything like that. I have been trying to come up with a decent Aberrant site but it's hard when there is already great sites like N! Prime out there, so I offer the space. As soon as I pick up Adventure! I will gladly start to work on a site for it, and accept any help that gets thrown my way. smile.gif

small suggestion for the adventure page.....

why not have the forums there point to the forums here and expand the adventure section here.

god I hope that made sense, I haven't slept in ...... at least a day or 2.

[This message has been edited by Sidious (edited 08-22-2001).]

Though law school is a fairly intensive gig that is not to say that I would not gladly contribute some Adventure elements. Web design isn't my thing but as a freelancer, writer (of detective fiction in a pulp style no less..at least that's the genre I was published in) and former game designer I'd love to help all I am able with new Knacks, Organizations, ideas, and the like....

My email's chanyaokuai@aol.com ...those interested in doing this please drop me a line.

Nad,

I think you've hit a nerve with some of the recent (6 monts or so) events that have taken place on the WW forum concurrent with their perceivedly endless hype of exalted.

You may notice a forum below this one which is labeled general and quotes a couple of other popular games like DD, Shadowrun, etc... That would seem to be the best place for what you wanted to post. A caution however, the majority of the traffic is ABBEY, and ADVENTURE! related with just a smattering of Trinity. You may not see a lot of interaction.

Good Luck

- J

Sorry for not responding sooner. The Military sucks up a lot of time when they "Need You".

Anyway...

Wizard....

Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, this is driven by the probs at WW.

The Rest....

I understand what all of you are saying. "Sigh"...I just want a nice place to post. Two Exalted pages have come online recently - one is Chronicle Specific and the other kept crashing my computer. I'll keep looking...for somewhere else. Don't want to make anyone mad. There's enough of that at the "Other Forum Site".

Nadrakas..."Why can't we all just get along?"

------------------

Okay, so I'm in the minority, here...

Exalted bites.

When 3E came out, I was diappointed. It sucked. It was gaming for the kind of guys that I would get up and walk away from when I was in HIGH SCHOOL, for fucks sake. I only noticed about a dozen things that made me want to burn WotC in blazing effigy. Before the book came out.

And Exalted was supposed to be different, right? 3E for twinks and power gamers, Exalted for the real roleplayers. This was my hope. But no. This is not what we got. Instead, WW does what WW always does, simultaneously one of their greatest strengths and most profound weaknesses (in my opinion, anyway); they gave it a rich, detailed, extensive, exhaustive backstory.

ARGH!! You CANNOT pick up Exalted and do a dungeon crawl. Not that I defend the dungeon crawl (I find them boring), but because of the backstory in Exalted, it is near-as-dammit impossible to just run a quick game of Exalted. Furthermore, nearly every game one can conceivably run is going to be rife with the politics and intrigue of being one of the Exalted. It can't be escaped, because there are so few to begin with. How can you run a game of Exalted like you would AD&D when there are fewer Exalted than there ever were Half-Orc Paladin/Assassins?

That's why Exalted bites. But I promise my opinion on the matter has nothing to do with my not wanting it to have a forum here. This is the Aeoniverse forum. That's it.

--@venger

------------------

Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired.

avengingcrusader@hotmail.com

Nadrakas,

To be honest, I know less than nothing when it comes to Exalted. Fantasy gaming's not my thing right now, and when it is I usually pick up my beloved Harnmaster binders. Still, I think Wizard's advice is the best. While I may not post much, I will definitely read. The thing you have going for you is that anything you create will have a statistical base that we all understand. Thats one of WW's strengths. The same basic system for all their books.

Archived