Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter Five Prelude 3: Reorganization

Justin OOC

The room was one of many onboard the Archangel used for training. It was a multidimensional room, meant for officers. All Eiji knew was that he had been summoned here by his Captain, Raisho Ishiyama to discuss a transfer request that had come in.

Standing there in the room was His Captain Ishiyama and Newly minted Lieutenant of CRT-5, Riannon Rosse. She was originally a CRT-7 pilot under Captain Bordeaux, and one of the rare surviors of that team. She had served under Amane for a short Time, but reorganization seemed to be the order of the day.

Standing there also was the most misleading of all Satoshi Captains, and easily the one with the most perplexing Circumstances. Akina Nanamura, Captain of CRT-3, and the new physical form of Atsushi Hayami, one of the most legendary figures in Satoshi.

"It is good to see you Eiji, you are no doubt wondering why you are here." Akina's voice is incredibly soft and gentle, but hides a deeper inner strength.

"To put it simply I need a little more muscle in my CRT. That said, I am Exercising my right as Highest Captain to claim the personnel I require. If you wish, you may of course challenge my right to do so as is your right. If you win you may remain in your current position, if you lose however, you join my CRT and Serve as I require."

Raisho watches the exchange carefully, eager to see how his subordinate will act.

Eji bows to Captain Akina/Atushi, "It would be an honour to serve under you Captain, as it has to serve with Captain Ishiyama, but I am unsure that I deserve such an honour. Perhaps we should duel anyway to prove my worth one way or the other? Considering the damage that the teams have taken I would suggest shinai and no energy attacks?"

Akina laughs even as Raisho smiles. His subordinate understood his duty enough to both show his loyalty for his commander, but acknowledge he was supposed to do this.

"I think Eiji that you would rather easily end that fight. I am not as accomplished at Kendo in this body as I once was. I do however have a method of testing you that will allow me to see your real combat prowess.."

A pair of large Invader beasts appeared. They were easily ten feet tall, and bipedal. They had three scorpion tails and an almost human head with only two eyes and a single mouth lined with razor-edged teeth. Their massive arms held large blades folded back against them on the left and a piledriver like spike on the right. "Amane Kaunac beat two of these in ten seconds without the use of her Shikai. Are you willing to attempt the same feat?"

"10 seconds? Hai!"

Turning away from his superiors Eji is already mumbling under his breath, his eyes and hands sparking with electricity as he draws his sword with one hand. The other hand snaps out towards the beasts, flinging a small fist sized ball of lightning that explodes in their midst.

(03:35:19) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,3.+ ACV 11 = 19

Defense 1 = (03:36:20) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,3 + DCV 11 = 15

Defense 2 = (03:37:23) ChatBot: (Rorx) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,2.+ DCV 11 = 16

HP = 100/100

EP = 75/100

Both Invaders are struck by the attack and their skin burns where the ball lightning touched them. Both swing in with their blade arms. The first misses, but second grazes him across the chest.

(OOOC 30 damage) remember you have two attacks and defenses and your spells only count as one apiece. you can attack and use the defensive spell)))

(OOC - wasn't sure if drawing would count as an action.)

(OOC: 30 -10 Armour = 20 = Shock Value

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806282/ [2,2,7] = (11) - Failed by 1 - lose a general action)

(re-roll Shock Save using 1pt of Divine Relationship [6,5,7] = (18)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806318/ )

Eji reels back from the 2nd slash with an involuntary hiss. Once again thanking his forethought for embuing himself with a permenant armouring enchantment and cursing that it was not yet strong enough, he quickly recovers, slashing his sword in an arc across the torso of the first beast, then thrusting at the face of the second before returning to his guard position.

Attack 1: [1,5,11] = (17)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806319/

Attack 2: [2,6,11] = (19)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806287/

If either hits = WL15x6 +11 = 101 damage

Defence 1: [1,5,11] = (17)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806288/

Defence 2: [4,1,11] = (16)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806289/

HP = 85/100 Regen (HP) 1, Armour 5 = AR 10

EP = 80/100 Regen (EP) 1

Both attacks connect sending a stream of ichor from both Invaders. One manages to hit hom with the blade arm full on across the chest slicking open his robe while the second misses with the piledriver spike, cratering the ground where the spike went in. He's used about 6 seconds, whatever he did next, he had to put them down fast and now.

((OOC attack does 50 damage.))

(OOC 50-10Armour = 40, Shock roll [4,2,7] = (13) made it!http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806493/ )

Grimacing at the slash across his chest, Eji cuts the first across the neck area, then bends his knees to bring the follow through across the abdomen of the 2nd beast.

Attack 1:[6,5,11] = (22) base 101 damage

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806495/

Atack 2: [4,6,11] = (21), base 101 damage

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806496/

Both attacks hit home and the beasts remains fall to the floor either side of him. He turns to his superiors as he cleans and re-sheathes his sword, the flesh slowly, but visibly, healing through the rents in his tunic.

"I believe I have achieved your task Captain, but regardless of the time, I would be honoured to join you in CRT 3 Captain Akina."

"9.73 seconds. Not quite as fast as Amane, but then again you don't have many of her advantages. Still, quite impressive. Raisho if you would please, use Tenseiga on my new Lieutenant." Akina's voice seemed almost playful as Raisho drew his sword.

Tenseiga was an impossibly powerful attack sword, but it's true power was its other ability. It possessed healing magic so strong it could revive the slain. Raisho tapped the sword to Eiji's chest and all his wounds healed instantly.

"You have made me proud this day Eiji. Go forth and serve with the same distinction and valor you have shown in my command. Bring further honor to those who trained you."

Akina held out a hand to him. "Welcome to CRT-3 Eiji, and to the mission we have undertaken."

Eji bows to Raisho,"Thank you Captain, I will endevour to do so."

Then he turns to Akina and takes the offered hand.

"I hope to live up to your faith and expectations of me Captain Akina. If I may ask, what will our mission be, following the current reorganisation?"

"Our Mission is the most important one. The Unyielding Aegis has been tasked with defending Princess Akosaniolilly, heir to the Dalaraan Imperial throne. Beyond this, we also serve to guard one of only two known Skeleton Keys, Kai Morisato, of Caln Amaha." She paused to allow him to assimilate the things she'd just said.

"Furthermore, we are to aid them in their endeavors and those of their companions, Georgi Illiayev, a russian super soldier; Valerie de Quebedo, a young woman with fantastic powers from another dimension. My Lieutenant, Saito Murazaki and the Meteor is already on the mission, as is his small squad. I am promoting you to co-lieutenant, and your task is simply to go with them and do all you can to keep them and yourself safe."

Akina smiles. "Currently they are at the school,preparing to give a talk to their fellow students in a little over an hour. Go back to your room, you'll find appropriate attire there, befitting a young history teacher. I expect you to be back in the gym within an hour. Your cover story is that you're a teacher from North Tokyo Academy. You'll be teaching history and mythology to the students. This will serve our needs."

She nods, his gesture of dismissal. "I still have something to talk to Raisho about."

"Certainly Captain, Captain Ishiyama it's been a pleasure." He bows/nods to both of them then leaves the room. However, he then pauses outside to make use of his heightened awareness to see if their conversation is relevant to him or his mission.

After a brief time, being careful not to get caught, he will use his fast walking speed (8kph?) to get quickly to his room, prepare and return to the gym. As part of his preparation he will try to get some suitable texts downloaded to his personal computer (of whatever type SHI use). The other major preparation would be to see if his armour, rifle and sword will fit within his reasonable luggage (OOC use of Concealment and Portable Armoury?)

((OOC The sword can be put in a kendo bag and tied with a cord and carried around. Kendo is quite popular, thus it is not unheard of to see a student or faculty member with a covered bokken. (yours is real but nobody knows that unless you pull it out.) You have a top of the line laptop, and unfortunately your battle armor will not be able to be worn under normal clothes. It's way too big for a suitcase as well. Have him make his way into the school grounds and we will continue.)))

Cursing the inability to bring his armour and rifle, as well as the lack of information his attempt at earsdropping garned, Eji quickly packed his few apropriate clothes into a backpack and sent an email to the QM for extra suitable clothes to be sent on to the school when available and for his armour/rifle to be sent to a suitable location in or close to the school so that he could access in if necessary. That done he finishes taping his sword, makes sure he hasn't forgotten anything of his meagre possessions that might be both suitable and of use, and more importantly checks there is nothing obviously inappropriate amongst his belongings.

Easily hefting his full backpack on his shoulder, with the laptop satchel over the other shoulder, joined by his sword, he heads for the gymn for a final briefing as requested by Captain Akina. Little more was available, except he would also be helping out with the school Kendo class/team, which would at least explain his 'bokken'. Then it was off to the hangar for a lift down to the surface, where he mooched about briefly before joining another small group of survivors heading to the school. This was his first chance to try out his 'school teacher' personna, for which he drew upon his squad leader experience, although without the abrasiveness or profanity! At least it kept everyone together and on time with a minimum of useless questions or fuss.

Eji was not to happy to be back at the school after the recent week long fight here against the demons, he had lost too many comrades to be comfortable, but he was impressed with the rebuilding work that had been done and said so to the first squad leader he meet as he asked for directions for his party and where he personnally should go to find the Princess and her group.

There was a tingling sensation run up the back of Eiji's neck as a hand came to rest on his shoulder. "Mr. Tanaka, I see you're doing well." The buxom woman standing there was impossible to forget, even when wearing a gym coach's jumpsuit.

Masane Amaha was the head of House Amaha from the ancient Kage clan Amaha. His tutors in the ways of Ninjutsu and magic spoke of her legendary status as a beautiful and dangerous warrior. He had seen first hand just how devastating she could be once she assumed her Witchblade form and waded in amongst the demons assaulting the school that fateful night.

All the male students seemed to watch her, and then cast a jealous gaze upon Eiji as she chose to speak only to him.

"I trust everything goes well with your transfer? I know it is bothersome, but after seeing you fight, I told our mutual friend you would be a welcome addition to the team." Her voice is a husky pur, and then she looks over at all the students and smiles.

"This is what Kai wanted me to do for now, so thus it shall be." It's easy to see she isn't comfortable either in the outfit or as a teacher, even a girl's gym teacher or any other subject.

(OOC, assuming he's meant to be undecover as far as the students are concerned, otherwise I'll edit if if different.)

"Hai, Miss Amaha, there was no problem, considering how little is left of North Tokoyo Academy I was glad of the invitation." Eji raises his 'bokken' in salute to her, "I'll certainly do my best to help the Kendo team all I can, I'm eager to meet some of the students you mentioned to me. Perhaps we could discuss your impressions of the team members in private?"

Once in an office, out of the sight and hearing of the students he will continue.

"Thank you Sensei for your reccommendation, I will do my best to fulfill the promise you believe you saw. Is there anything I should do in particular to get the group I arrived with settled in or should I leave that to the squad leaders already here? I think I am as uncomfortable with being undercover in this role as you seem to be Sensei, but we do what we must to fulfill our duty. In addition to helping with the kendo team I have been given the role of a teacher of History and Mythology, perhaps this is something I can discuss with you to get your more personal perspective on some aspects of those subjects?"

"On another subject, I was unable to pack my normal battlearmour and rifle, is there anywhere here or nearby I could safely keep them available against future need? Do you know where I could find then Princess in order to report in?"

(((OOC there is no office, just them wandering a slight ways away and out of earshot, you're in the gymnasium of the school, here primarily because its the only enclosed area large enough to hold all 600 faculty and students, and survivors. I will continue on as if Eiji pulled Masane aside for a moment.)))

"There are no others here Eiji. Captain Nanamura and Lieutenant Murazaki will be joining us, but only we three officers can actively be a part of this school's populace."

She smiles and lays a hand on his shoulder. "Trust me you won't need your armor yet here, and if you do, call for me. I will handle any issue. I know there are plans to create small armories within the school, veritible safehouses for students in the event of an attack, and of course storage lockers for battle armor."

She laughs. "Of course we're going to pick up another twenty students from CRT-13, they're all young enough to pass for students from North Academy. They should be arriving soon as well."

"I'll wait for the armouries and lockers to be set up then before having my equipment delivered. Having recently seen you in action I have no doubt that you could handle virtually anything that turns up.""If I may recap my understanding, Georgi Illiayev is the school Coach, with you as another gym teacher. Kai Morisato is now the Student President, with Valeries de Quebedo as the Treasurer, but I am unclear as to what titles, if any, that Lt Saito Murazaki and Princess Lilly hold?"

"Then I'll join the new arrivals in being processed in and familiarise myself with the changes that have been made since the assault."

"Lieutenant Murazaki is the head of the Special Response Tactical squad. They handle disputes for the most part. I assume he will retain his post. Akina will become the new Vice president, and Lily the Secretary. Coach Illiayev and myself are being tapped to be their faculty advisors."

She stops for a moment. Her eyes go wide, and then roll back into her head. She pitches forward clutching her chest, as if someone had just stabbed her heart... "Kai...No...." Then she passed out.

Eiji catches her before she reaches the ground and briefly checks on her conditon, while putting a call in.

"All SHI personnel at the school, this is Lt Tanaka of CRT-3 I want an immediate location report on Kai Marisato and the Princess' party, Priority One. Patch me through to Captain Akina."

"Captain Akina, we have a problem, Miss Amaha has passed out after exclaiming Kai's name. Since the after battle report from the school suggested that she was bonded to him in some way I fear something drastic has ocurred to him. I have ordered a search of the school for him and the Princess' party."

Akina reacted quickly even as she finished donning her school uniform. "All Personnel this is a Code red ALERT! Deploy all available forces to the area to locate Kai Morisato and the Princess and their companions at once!" She patched into the Archangel. "Captain Ramius, I want a full biometric scan of the entire island. We seem to have lost our skeleton key, our princess and their companions." She came from her quarters and watched Raisho hurry from his and begin barking orders to his team.

She patched into her own team link. "Raquel, Junpei, find Lieutenant Murazaki. Don your armor and search the bay."

She called up Johnson next. "Avery, I want you to take charge of the search through the city. Lunamaria is bringing down a contingent of CRT-7 mecha, I want you to search on the ground. Take whatever forces you need. I'm going to the school to head up things there."

"Understood Akina."

Hundreds of troops in power armor and at least a dozen mecha began combing through the area surrounding the school, as Akina got inside and found Eiji cradling Masane luckily somewhat removed from the students who were looking slightly ill at ease.

Several of the CRT 13 volunteers were circulating trying to keep the kids under control, aided by the faculty. Akina knelt by Eiji. "Alright, what happened?"

"We were just talking about who was taking what positions within the school when her eyes rolled up, she piteched forward clutching her chest and said 'Kai...No..' before passing out. As you can see she has yet to recover. I ordered a search of the school to locate Kai and the Princess' party and called you."

Eiji activates his collar communicator while standing up and moving slightly to look around for a team, or for a team to more easily spot his location.

"This is Lt Tanaka, I need a medical team by the Gym stat, we have a Code Blue, use any means necessary. Comms, patch me through to Captain Ishiyama."

"Captain Ishiyama, Eiji Tanaka. Masane Amaha is going into cardiac arrest, it seems to be linked to the absence or condition of Kai, any assistance you could give us to save her so that we can get some information, would be appreciated Captain Raisho."

Captain Ishiya responds, appearing immediately. "She is of Demon blood. There's no guarantee Tenseiga will not slay her outright."

His hatred for demons being clear.

Akina speared him with a laser-intensity glare. "Heal her Raisho. As Head Captain of Satoshi Heavy Industries I ORDER you to use Tenseiga to save her life or so help me, you will regret it."

It was the first time Eiji'd seen Raisho blanche, and he drew Tenseiga. "Holy sword of heaven Tenseiga, make whole this soul's injured body, give peace to the spirit within, Amen." He thrust the sword into Masane's chest and her eyes opened as blue light shot from her body. She then fell back downwards and lay unmoving. "It does not work on them Akina, as you should..."

Masane began to stir and tears began welling up in her eyes. "Akina, Kai is... Kai is.."

"Kai is what Masane?"

She clutches her chest over her heart. "Kai is dead."

both Captains stood in shock. no one spoke.

Then the comm system in both of their collars lit up. "Incoming emergency comm from Captain Hoshino on the Macross."

"Ruri what's going on?"

"Captains, Reagan command has painted two forces of ships at the nadir and zenith points, one Circinus Federation, the other Invader."

"With only two ships, this is impossible." Raisho scoweled.

"We've had a turn of events on that Captains." She continues to fill them in on the situation with e specials, which both frown about, but accept in the end. "Very well Captain Hoshino, take command of the Circinus battlegroup and engage the Invaders. Lunamaria will Take CRT 7 with Rick, Akito, and Max on the Macross and Nadesico and engage the Circinus Fifth fleet. We have our own issues here, but We will begin to prepare to render aid to either effort should the need arrive."

"Unless you need me immediately Captains, I'll go armour up and return to await your orders. We still have no word on the whereabouts of Kai or the Princess' party so far."

Eiji runs off at his accelerated pace to grab his armour from the crate it was in awaiting the lockers being built during the rebuilding of the school. On finding the crate he doesn't pause but rips into it and runs through the habitual routine of putting on the armour, checking the systems as he makes his way back to the Captains and Masane.

"Is there any change in her condition Captain?"

Masane shook her head. "I am fine physically, but not in most other ways. My contractor is dead..." "There's a faint smile on her lips. "Not everything is lost though, because the cnotract remains in force."

"Can you guide us to him?"

"No. That I can't do, since he's dead. Akina, stand down your forces from searching for Kai. The others are with him and I don't think anyone could die here without you knowing it."

She looks to Eiji. "Than you for catching me Lieutenant Tanaka."

"You are welcome Miss Amaha. If the contract is still in force then it obviously expects Kai's death to only be a temporary set back? Although I'm unsure how myself."

Turning back to address both Masane and the two Captain's he continues.

"I assume that they are likely to reappear near here, assuming they were taken from near here due to the time since they were last seen and when they were meant to be here to address the students and staff. From what little I've heard of the Princess, she is, likely to head towards one of the attacking fleets to give her assisstance, which one do you think she is more likely to choose?"

"The Contract is one between Amaha. I am bound to either ressurect him so that he make keep his end, or barring that, fufill it for him."

Akina fields the second question. "Which ever one needs the Archangel is where they will go. They're the sort of people who help where they're needed."

"And of those Masane I assume the most desirable solution would be to resurrect him."

"Very well, Captain Akina, should we wait here to bring them up to speed or make our way to the Archangel to be ready for their, eventual, arrival? After all it may be necessary for the Archangel to be commited before thier return, which if Kai has been killed is not guaranteed."

"That's just it Lieutenant, Kai is a skeleton Key if it's his poer he can come back anywhere, at any time. There is simply no knowing what will happen."

Akina nods. "He can't really control his powers either. He's young still, I had hoped to be able to train him, then Father suprised me.. and Killed me again."

Raisho interrupts. "Bioscan shows nothing for Kai, Akina. We do have some unreported human hits. I've mobilized teams to recover them."

"Roger that Raisho, bring them in, We'll interrogate them and then intergrate them."

Masane stands ramrod straight as if struck by lightning. "He's back in this world!" She dashes off out of the school and runs much faster than a human should be able to in the direction of the Bazaroth gate.

Akina looks to Eiji. "Let's go, there's no telling who's with him." With that she takes off after Masane, flashing a stand down order to the search teams and a quick call to Raisho letting him know.

"It's like they're all kids."

(((OOC ends this prelude. 7 CP for participation. When the main thread is posted you're free to post.)))

Archived