Alternity: The Elements of Eternity - Comm Chatter

Progress Level 8

As a 6th Level PC you should have 2d4 + your character's starting occupation wealth bonus + 8 for 6th level + any Feats

So, 2d4 + 8 + Occupation + Feats

So if Adrian rolled an 8 and his occupation gave him a +3 he could purchase anything with a DC of 19 or lower. You do not reduce your Wealth Bonus while purchasing equipment at character creation.

This should give you enough to purchase equipment and get you armed, if not, I'll set you up with some weapons and gear appropriate to your 'class'.

You may equip your items with 'gadgets' if you so choose, but do be smart about it. You all know me well by now to know that if you go overboard I'll call ya on it.

The only exception will be Shiro's Mecha. Obviously he'll own something far out of his price range, but he'll not be able to take it everywhere the party goes.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I got so far...

Name: Isis

Class: Fast 2 / Strong 2 / Soldier 2

XP:

Allegiances:

Speed: 30 Run: 120

AP: 9

Hit Dice: 6d10 + 10

Massive Damage Threshold: 12

Initiative: +4

Defense: 19 (10 + 2 dex + 7 class)

BAB: +4 Melee: +6 Ranged: +6

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con -, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 10

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +0

Skills: 25 fast, 6 strong + 10 soldier

Language:

Talents:

Melee Smash +1

Evasion

Feats:

Simple Weapon Proficiency

3 Personal Firearms Proficiency

B Point Blank Shot

6 Precise Shot

B Combat Martial Arts

Weapon Focus:

Weapon Specialization:

Race Traits

Construct Type

Lifelike appearance (DC 20 Spot to notice difference)

Repairable (DC 30 Repair heals 1d10 pts in 1 hour, no natural healing)

Immunities:

- immune to mind-influencing effects

- poison

- sleep

- paralysis

- stunning

- disease

- necromancy effects

- any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless

- nonlethal damage

- ability damage

- ability drain

- energy drain

- effects of massive damage.

Class VII Sensor suite:

- Darkvision 120'

- +2 Listen, Search, Spot

- +2 equipment bonus to initiative

Current Wealth: +15

(17:53:59) ChatBot: (Max) rolls 2d4 and gets 4,3.

I'll be trying to add a few things in the coming days, like changes to mecha equipment and things like that. Would you guys prefer I separate them appropriately titled sections for ease reference or cram em all together?

There will not be 10,000 house rules, so don't worry. But since the info is all OGL I thought I'd just copy and paste some of the stuff right to posts so we have ease of access.

I'm waiting to get Vivi's character sheet for review. In the mean time I'll work up character sheets for you guys. Since I already have templates I can just transfer them to and you can edit them from there. I know it' hard trying to organize a sheet in this format sometimes.

I don't think I've seen Shiro either...

I almost have all the character's in and soon we'll be rebooting this. A lot has changed as far as options and toys you'll all get to use, so bear with me if there's continuity issues.

We could actually begin (again) as soon as Sunday night.

Do keep in mind people that if you have questions, this is the place to ask them.

"Hey Dave, did I see a reference to Spelljammer in that fist post?"

Holy shit! You sure did... welcome to the Omniverse, where it's possible to get anywhere if you just spread your wings know the direction to fly in.

All dates will be done based off E.R. (Earth Reckoning) times. Not all planets will have the base PL and the Thuldan Empire is waging war on everyone.

Oh, and we'll b making a lot of this up as we go... I mean, fuck it, why not right? The base storyline will be there, but for the most part you'll have free reign to do as you please.

Hey guys, the former player of Justin Hawkins here. Dave has graciously allowed me to return now that life has settled down for me. smile

I'll be playing Sebastian Lord, resident Aetherist (Mage) but I have a question...

Are starting abilities generated in the standard way in the book (25 points, abilities start at 8, stats above 14 cost 2 per point, stats above 16 cost 3 per point)? Becuase it looks like you guys spent at lot more than that...or I'm really bad at building characters! smile

Originally Posted By: Noah Weston
Are starting abilities generated in the standard way in the book (25 points, abilities start at 8, stats above 14 cost 2 per point, stats above 16 cost 3 per point)? Becuase it looks like you guys spent at lot more than that...or I'm really bad at building characters! smile

As Max said, but all abilities are on a 1/1 basis. So to go from 8 to 18 will cost you 10 points, not 16.

yep, one out then, since they get an extra stat point at lvl 4. I'll put it on Wis due to his Religious training wink I'll edit then sheet in Heros tomorrow, need to check his defence as well when I do.

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Dave re: swords - He can always run out of Psi pts and be unable to generate the Psi Blade, and the Beam sword does more damage.

Battle Minds aren't really power users, they're melee brawlers who should be buying powers that alter their abilities and heal them than inflicting damage.

+9 with the knife, +7 with the sword... I'd rather hit more often with lower damage potential than not hit enough...

Your call dude, I was just curious is all.

Guys, when doing combat, or an attack in general, please include not only the attack roll, but the damage as well. Even if you're not sure if you've hit the target, roll your damage and include it with the post.

If you hit I'll use the damage rolled for the attack, if you miss, I'll just disregard the damage.

Like this:

(Thuldan) rolls 1d20 and gets 13+3= 16 (7)

The (7) is the damage located neatly in after the attack roll.

You may have noticed I didn't assign a party leader to the Rescue team. Erebus doesn't do that. You guys go in as a team, work as a team, succeed as a team. No man or woman is above the next.

That means you'll need to communicate with each other as much as you do with me when it comes to things like actions, plans, or tactics. Just because I think it's a good idea doesn't mean the rest of the group knows about it IC just based on an OOC post.

Now get in there and start killin'.

Rescue Team, you've confused the shit outta me.

I said an attack action or a move action, not both...

Isis is the only one able to attack, but if you'll view the map, Gabe will have to leave cover in order to get a shot, as will Adrian and Kittani.

So far you've each taken both sorts of actions, and already rolled initiative...

Please read. When the combat rounds actually begin I'll call for initiative (if you'd like to roll it sooner that's fine but label it as such.

I'll start a combat tracker thread, please move the stuff over there.

I streamed Justin's combat because is was just two numbers... him then enemies... him, then enemies... With six people involved it get's a bit more complicated than that.

Gleep. That may be partly my fault.

I shouldn't have rolled init. I just was hoping to make the most of my trip to Invisible Castle while I was on it. Didn't think about possible confusion.

My bad. Won't happen again.

Actually Max, you did it correctly. You took an attack action and them labeled you initiative as being for the upcoming round.

Gabe did nothing. He posted a bunch of numbers and I guess I'm supposed to do the rest? I dunno. "Plasma pistol at soldier"? What is that? I assume he's throwing his plasma pistol at the soldier? If there is no IC descriptive to match the intended action then that action did not happen and will be skipped. "I shoot him." doesn't fly, sorry.

Adrian took both an attack and a move... but the combat hasn't technically started yet...

I know combat in this medium is sometime confusing or tedious. But d20 is easy! With some practice was can get this down.

1. All action should have an IC narritive. If it doesn't, it didn't happen. I don't want novels, but the more you give me to work with the more everyone will get out of the story.

2. Spoiler boxes... use em. Don't clutter up the story with urls and dice rolls.

3. If you're not sure... post it here and ask! We have all the time we need, I'm in no rush. If you need to hold up things for a few to get clarification, so be it. If anyone bitches at you for it kick em' in their teeth.

4. Even when I'm not around I always check the forums at least once a day. If you ask, I'll get with you pretty soon, trust me.

• 3 weeks later...

None in the warehouse... although I do recall describing a rather large motor pool outside the base (refer to the map)... the rescue team should be aware of that.

The warehouse is mostly just supplies and sealed up duraplast crates, it'd take you quite of time to go through it all.

Archived