Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - It's my birthday and I'll party if I want to...

"AHHHH!" Jordan screamed out loud, grasping his head and bringing attention to them.

Just as soon however and the sudden invasion of his mind was over, leaving him reeling and breathless.

She held him softly for a moment and then was waling away again.

"FINE!" he shouted angrily after her. "THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!"

Shortly thereafter and much softer though she could still hear him he added.

"It's your own fault you know...nobody forced you to hide in a cave..."

He turned away toward the food tent, dissapointed and spurned. It was one thing to be rejected by a beautiful woman, and quite another to have one's face shoved into the metaphorical mental mud.

His pleasant mood shattered, and with a lingering headache, he muttered to himself as he walked alone.

"Just thought she were pretty is all...Jesus...don't take crazy home, that's what they say...need a drink..."

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"AHHHH!" Jordan screamed out loud, grasping his head and bringing attention to them.

Just as soon however and the sudden invasion of his mind was over, leaving him reeling and breathless.

She held him softly for a moment and then was waling away again.

"FINE!" he shouted angrily after her. "THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!"

Shortly thereafter and much softer though she could still hear him he added.

"It's your own fault you know...nobody forced you to hide in a cave..."

He turned away toward the food tent, dissapointed and spurned. It was one thing to be rejected by a beautiful woman, and quite another to have one's face shoved into the metaphorical mental mud.

His pleasant mood shattered, and with a lingering headache, he muttered to himself as he walked alone.

"Just thought she were pretty is all...Jesus...don't take crazy home, that's what they say...need a drink..."

Infinity jumped and dumped a sweet fruit drink down her shirt at the scream that rang out. Gratifyingly, both Stanley and Kitty-Kat jumped just high, though they weren't carrying anything that was now soaking into their shirts.

"What the FUCK?!" Infinity howled, setting the empty cup down and swatting at her wet clothing. Her bodyguards weren't freaking out at all, so she didn't crawl under a table or duck. She just brushed her dyed red hair out of her eyes and looked toward the origin of the cry. All she saw was a guy kneeling in the sand, with Ptesan-Wi tending to him. Then she stalked away from the guy, who didn't look any better for the gentle treatment Infinity had seen her giving him.

The guy got up and headed this way; Infinity approached him, peeling off her shirt, which was getting tacky anyway, and revealing a dark red bikini top with black pocka dots. "Jesus, man, are you ok?" she asked, looking concerned before running her teeth over her lip piercing. "You sounded like you were getting stabbed. Or shot," she added, remembering her own recent wound, which was covered by a white bandage. "You need to sit down or somethin'?"

Infinity jumped and dumped a sweet fruit drink down her shirt at the scream that rang out. Gratifyingly, both Stanley and Kitty-Kat jumped just high, though they weren't carrying anything that was now soaking into their shirts.

"What the FUCK?!" Infinity howled, setting the empty cup down and swatting at her wet clothing. Her bodyguards weren't freaking out at all, so she didn't crawl under a table or duck. She just brushed her dyed red hair out of her eyes and looked toward the origin of the cry. All she saw was a guy kneeling in the sand, with Ptesan-Wi tending to him. Then she stalked away from the guy, who didn't look any better for the gentle treatment Infinity had seen her giving him.

The guy got up and headed this way; Infinity approached him, peeling off her shirt, which was getting tacky anyway, and revealing a dark red bikini top with black pocka dots. "Jesus, man, are you ok?" she asked, looking concerned before running her teeth over her lip piercing. "You sounded like you were getting stabbed. Or shot," she added, remembering her own recent wound, which was covered by a white bandage. "You need to sit down or somethin'?"

Well, party was really getting started now... "Netherworld, I didn't mean to rush you. I thought you wanted to do your thing now. I'll be happy with it whenever you decide." She made sure the charm was on, wouldn't do to offend a guest unnecessarily.

Elspeth was totally distracted by Raijin's entertainment. Now this was what novas could do! For a brief moment she felt a little bad for the poor baseline entertainers that had been contracted. As good as they were, the were really just filler and to provide a backdrop. She giggled and clapped her hands in appreciation of Raijin's feat. Then she heard the scream and turned to see that PW was very upset. Oh heck! Looking to those around her quickly, "Excuse me for a moment."

She rushed over to PW, but waited just a little ways away. Never rush into a badgers den when it is riled up. PW had taught her that, and she'd never seen a more riled badger. She waited to see if PW needed a hug or needed to be alone.

Well, party was really getting started now... "Netherworld, I didn't mean to rush you. I thought you wanted to do your thing now. I'll be happy with it whenever you decide." She made sure the charm was on, wouldn't do to offend a guest unnecessarily.

Elspeth was totally distracted by Raijin's entertainment. Now this was what novas could do! For a brief moment she felt a little bad for the poor baseline entertainers that had been contracted. As good as they were, the were really just filler and to provide a backdrop. She giggled and clapped her hands in appreciation of Raijin's feat. Then she heard the scream and turned to see that PW was very upset. Oh heck! Looking to those around her quickly, "Excuse me for a moment."

She rushed over to PW, but waited just a little ways away. Never rush into a badgers den when it is riled up. PW had taught her that, and she'd never seen a more riled badger. She waited to see if PW needed a hug or needed to be alone.

Connor watches the spectacle of Raijin's abilities and overhears the outburst from Nodespark as well. Connor watches as the young man makes his way into the catering tent only to be stopped by Infinity. After watching her peel away her shirt as if it were nothing Connor shrugs and makes his way over to the two young novas. "Whatever ya did to piss her off man, I wouldn't do that anymore."

His following question echoes Infinity's of a moment before. "You gonna be alright?"

Connor watches the spectacle of Raijin's abilities and overhears the outburst from Nodespark as well. Connor watches as the young man makes his way into the catering tent only to be stopped by Infinity. After watching her peel away her shirt as if it were nothing Connor shrugs and makes his way over to the two young novas. "Whatever ya did to piss her off man, I wouldn't do that anymore."

His following question echoes Infinity's of a moment before. "You gonna be alright?"

He didn't do a thing to deserve that. It was a quiet voice, a humane one, trying to restore something resembling reason in Ptesan-Wi's mind. Unfortunately, it wasn't winning. Pain and despair swirled in a deadly mix with megalomania, and the resulting turmoil bred anger more as a byproduct than anything else; the little voice of reason was drown out in the maelstrom.

Even so, she could help but feel the presence of little Elspeth approach, and that did take at least the worst edges off of the storm. Without turning around or slowing her walk, she sent - carefully editing her feelings out of the thought - *You should go back to your guests, White Dove. I am not fit company right now, and they have come a long way to be here with you. NodeSpark will be fine, and I... will be as fine as circumstances permit. Please let me be.*

He didn't do a thing to deserve that. It was a quiet voice, a humane one, trying to restore something resembling reason in Ptesan-Wi's mind. Unfortunately, it wasn't winning. Pain and despair swirled in a deadly mix with megalomania, and the resulting turmoil bred anger more as a byproduct than anything else; the little voice of reason was drown out in the maelstrom.

Even so, she could help but feel the presence of little Elspeth approach, and that did take at least the worst edges off of the storm. Without turning around or slowing her walk, she sent - carefully editing her feelings out of the thought - *You should go back to your guests, White Dove. I am not fit company right now, and they have come a long way to be here with you. NodeSpark will be fine, and I... will be as fine as circumstances permit. Please let me be.*

Quote:

He doesn't say anything right away. Instead Jordan just plops down onto a chair...amazingly plush for a beach party. In fact everything that was brought in was gourmet class...fit for royalty.

"Bartender! Whiskey...anything over 40 years old, Japanese if you got it."

"You wouldn't guess it but the Nihonjin can make a damn good licqor." he says to Infinity.

"And Bartender! Fill up a pint glass!"

"Stuff doesn't work the way it used to..." he offered by way of explanation.

Quote:
"Whatever ya did to piss her off man, I wouldn't do that anymore."

"Oh right, yeah sure. No more compliments from me..." He takes a long swig off the pint glass and gacks as the fumes burn his sinuses. "I'll be fine. I've been turned down before, but not usually by someone who invited me out and never in the form of psychic overload..."

Jordan lights up a bit at that thought. "Interesting. So that's how mental powers feel. I bet I could work some shielding into my designs..." he says almost absentmindedly to himself.

His distraction doesn't last long however as he picks himself back up, extending a hand to Infinity first. "Sorry, I'm being rude. This is a party after all. Hi! Im Jordan. I post as NodeSpark."

Quote:

He doesn't say anything right away. Instead Jordan just plops down onto a chair...amazingly plush for a beach party. In fact everything that was brought in was gourmet class...fit for royalty.

"Bartender! Whiskey...anything over 40 years old, Japanese if you got it."

"You wouldn't guess it but the Nihonjin can make a damn good licqor." he says to Infinity.

"And Bartender! Fill up a pint glass!"

"Stuff doesn't work the way it used to..." he offered by way of explanation.

Quote:
"Whatever ya did to piss her off man, I wouldn't do that anymore."

"Oh right, yeah sure. No more compliments from me..." He takes a long swig off the pint glass and gacks as the fumes burn his sinuses. "I'll be fine. I've been turned down before, but not usually by someone who invited me out and never in the form of psychic overload..."

Jordan lights up a bit at that thought. "Interesting. So that's how mental powers feel. I bet I could work some shielding into my designs..." he says almost absentmindedly to himself.

His distraction doesn't last long however as he picks himself back up, extending a hand to Infinity first. "Sorry, I'm being rude. This is a party after all. Hi! Im Jordan. I post as NodeSpark."

Oh, god - him! Infinity remembered all too well the all-too-eager and discouragingly inelligent young man from the OpNet. "Yeah, hi, Jordan. I'm Infinity, also from the boards. And these are Katsuro and Stanley, my attack dogs." Stanley looked a little irritated. Katsuro smiled way too widely and looked a little too pleased with the description.

The waiter brings Jordan a pint glass of some dark liquid, and takes their orders. "Jamaican Sunset," Infinity said, shrugging as she realized the drinking had started. "Bud lite," Stanley requested. "Sake," was Katsuro's demand.

"So... I'd ask if you were having fun yet, Jordan," Infinity said as she tried to break the ice. She sat down in another chair while her bodyguards drifted to move behind her. "I think I know the answer though."

"So, you're a fan of 'Nihonjin' things, eh?" Katsuro asked when the drinks had come. He tossed the cup back in a smooth movement. His tone had been off, and his eyes glinted unpleasantly. Infinity looked nervous; she reached up and grabbed his hip, giving him a tight smile. "Are you a Nihonjin-phile, Jordan?"

Oh, god - him! Infinity remembered all too well the all-too-eager and discouragingly inelligent young man from the OpNet. "Yeah, hi, Jordan. I'm Infinity, also from the boards. And these are Katsuro and Stanley, my attack dogs." Stanley looked a little irritated. Katsuro smiled way too widely and looked a little too pleased with the description.

The waiter brings Jordan a pint glass of some dark liquid, and takes their orders. "Jamaican Sunset," Infinity said, shrugging as she realized the drinking had started. "Bud lite," Stanley requested. "Sake," was Katsuro's demand.

"So... I'd ask if you were having fun yet, Jordan," Infinity said as she tried to break the ice. She sat down in another chair while her bodyguards drifted to move behind her. "I think I know the answer though."

"So, you're a fan of 'Nihonjin' things, eh?" Katsuro asked when the drinks had come. He tossed the cup back in a smooth movement. His tone had been off, and his eyes glinted unpleasantly. Infinity looked nervous; she reached up and grabbed his hip, giving him a tight smile. "Are you a Nihonjin-phile, Jordan?"

Connor simply nodded. "From the reaction I'd imagine thaat what she did was pretty intense."

When he made his introductions and started talking to Infinity and taking his drinks COnnor nods to the Bartender. "Just a Coors for me, the day is young." He drains half the bottle in a single draught and smiles.

"Now that you mention it, I didn't introduce myself either." He extends a hand to Jordan. "Nice to meet you Jordan, I'm Connor, though most people know me as Mech."

Connor simply nodded. "From the reaction I'd imagine thaat what she did was pretty intense."

When he made his introductions and started talking to Infinity and taking his drinks COnnor nods to the Bartender. "Just a Coors for me, the day is young." He drains half the bottle in a single draught and smiles.

"Now that you mention it, I didn't introduce myself either." He extends a hand to Jordan. "Nice to meet you Jordan, I'm Connor, though most people know me as Mech."

Originally Posted By: Cleverly Arranged Recap
Originally Posted By: NodeSpark

Originally Posted By: Mech
...His distraction doesn't last long however as he picks himself back up, extending a hand to Infinity first. "Sorry, I'm being rude. This is a party after all. Hi! Im Jordan. I post as NodeSpark."
Originally Posted By: Infinity
"Yeah, hi, Jordan. I'm Infinity, also from the boards. And these are Katsuro and Stanley, my attack dogs." Stanley looked a little irritated. Katsuro smiled way too widely and looked a little too pleased with the description.

"Hey Infinity!" he says visibly brightening. "Thanks for the great online discourse. Id love to talk with you more about such things but if we are smart we won't bring up religion, philosophy and politics at a party right? Say, did you learn what your power is yet?"

Originally Posted By: Drinks Ordered

Jordan almost but not quite aspirates his recently imbibed sip into the atmosphere out of sheer surprise.

"Jesus man! You shoulda said so earlier!" Jordan got up and gave the other Nova a firm and friendly handshake. "Jordan, or JT if you like...friends call me JT...Wow! It is so cool to meet you...you erupted with a fanboy's wet dream you know that?"

"...Wow!"

Way to sound distinguished and eloquent Jor...great job... blush

Jordan seems a bit starstruck, forgetting for a moment to stop shaking Mech's hand. Saving them both from a potentially awkward moment Infinity smoothly interjects, once again bringing everyone back to the present:

The look of both excitement and embarrasement on Jordan's face is a pretty good indicator, yeah... wink

Originally Posted By: Katsuro ;)

Having remembered himself and calming down a notch, Jordan pauses for a long moment before answering, in perfect Japanese, choosing his words just so.

<"I am very much so Katsuro-sama. I am fascinated with your history and culture, particularly in the ways it has influenced your art. Years ago, I learned your language so that I could appreciate your media and literature undiluted. Also, as the great grandnephew of a great pioneer, I admire your people's discipline and eagerness to push the boundaries of human understanding and the ways in which you apply ergonomics, adapting technology to better serve humans. Having developed on an island has made you great survivors and innovators...In fact I may be relocating there soon, as several Nihinjin firms have presented excellent job offers.>

JT lifts his glass in a toast.

<"To the Land of the Rising Sun! May it never set...>

Originally Posted By: Cleverly Arranged Recap

...His distraction doesn't last long however as he picks himself back up, extending a hand to Infinity first. "Sorry, I'm being rude. This is a party after all. Hi! Im Jordan. I post as NodeSpark."
"Yeah, hi, Jordan. I'm Infinity, also from the boards. And these are Katsuro and Stanley, my attack dogs." Stanley looked a little irritated. Katsuro smiled way too widely and looked a little too pleased with the description.

"Hey Infinity!" he says visibly brightening. "Thanks for the great online discourse. Id love to talk with you more about such things but if we are smart we won't bring up religion, philosophy and politics at a party right? Say, did you learn what your power is yet?"

Originally Posted By: Drinks Ordered

Jordan almost but not quite aspirates his recently imbibed sip into the atmosphere out of sheer surprise.

"Jesus man! You shoulda said so earlier!" Jordan got up and gave the other Nova a firm and friendly handshake. "Jordan, or JT if you like...friends call me JT...Wow! It is so cool to meet you...you erupted with a fanboy's wet dream you know that?"

"...Wow!"

Way to sound distinguished and eloquent Jor...great job... blush

Jordan seems a bit starstruck, forgetting for a moment to stop shaking Mech's hand. Saving them both from a potentially awkward moment Infinity smoothly interjects, once again bringing everyone back to the present:

The look of both excitement and embarrasement on Jordan's face is a pretty good indicator, yeah... wink

Originally Posted By: Katsuro ;)

Having remembered himself and calming down a notch, Jordan pauses for a long moment before answering, in perfect Japanese, choosing his words just so.

<"I am very much so Katsuro-sama. I am fascinated with your history and culture, particularly in the ways it has influenced your art. Years ago, I learned your language so that I could appreciate your media and literature undiluted. Also, as the great grandnephew of a great pioneer, I admire your people's discipline and eagerness to push the boundaries of human understanding and the ways in which you apply ergonomics, adapting technology to better serve humans. Having developed on an island has made you great survivors and innovators...In fact I may be relocating there soon, as several Nihinjin firms have presented excellent job offers.>

<"To the Land of the Rising Sun! May it never set...>

A shout distracted everyone from the light show by the Raijin. The darker skinned Ptesan-wi had Nodespark on his knees, and he screaming. Nosferatu wondered why she would hurt him, when he seemed to only want to talk. He surmised that Ptesan-Wi was a violent person, and she should be avoided. Mother told me the world was filled with people like that. I need to stay away from her. Thankfully, there seemed to have been no lasting harm to Nodespark.

Elspeth detached herself from him and ran to where Ptesan-Wi stood glowering. Netherworld decided that he would not follow. Instead, he headed in the opposite direction, to where her victim had gone. There was a place to get food and drink over there. It was also as far from the violent woman as possible.

A shout distracted everyone from the light show by the Raijin. The darker skinned Ptesan-wi had Nodespark on his knees, and he screaming. Nosferatu wondered why she would hurt him, when he seemed to only want to talk. He surmised that Ptesan-Wi was a violent person, and she should be avoided. Mother told me the world was filled with people like that. I need to stay away from her. Thankfully, there seemed to have been no lasting harm to Nodespark.

Elspeth detached herself from him and ran to where Ptesan-Wi stood glowering. Netherworld decided that he would not follow. Instead, he headed in the opposite direction, to where her victim had gone. There was a place to get food and drink over there. It was also as far from the violent woman as possible.

The afternoon sun sparkled on the tropical sea, motes of it's light dancing in the breathtaking water display under Raijin's control and gleaming on the skin, hair and eyes of the partygoers. It gave heat and life to the gathering, was part of and inseparable from such a naturally-beautiful locale.

What was first mistaken for heat-shimmer became golden rays of light dancing above the sand about a dozen metres from Ptesan-Wi and Elspeth, swirling with deceptive slowness in the air before quickly coalescing into a portal of glowing light. Through it stepped a youthful clean-limbed figure clad in only a black waist wrap, his long hair that had never known the touch of scissors dancing for a split-second in a breeze which was not present on this beach. He was looking over his shoulder as he emerged from the golden disk, then the disk shrank and was gone, and with a barely-perceptible nervousness, the stranger turned a pair of dazzling green eyes on the two women nearby.

The afternoon sun sparkled on the tropical sea, motes of it's light dancing in the breathtaking water display under Raijin's control and gleaming on the skin, hair and eyes of the partygoers. It gave heat and life to the gathering, was part of and inseparable from such a naturally-beautiful locale.

What was first mistaken for heat-shimmer became golden rays of light dancing above the sand about a dozen metres from Ptesan-Wi and Elspeth, swirling with deceptive slowness in the air before quickly coalescing into a portal of glowing light. Through it stepped a youthful clean-limbed figure clad in only a black waist wrap, his long hair that had never known the touch of scissors dancing for a split-second in a breeze which was not present on this beach. He was looking over his shoulder as he emerged from the golden disk, then the disk shrank and was gone, and with a barely-perceptible nervousness, the stranger turned a pair of dazzling green eyes on the two women nearby.

Setting the sapling down Citronic walked to the bar. As the Japanese man showed his power in a display of power and finesse. Citronic sighed as he sat down at the bar and ordered a drink up. The bartender looked at him, not even bothering to suppress a disdainful snicker as he explained he didn't know how to make a Barbados Forbidden Fling. Citronic wasn't suprised, even if most novas seemed to be a bit more polite laughter did seem to follow him around. Citronic explained what was in the drink and how to mix it then waited for something to happen.

Setting the sapling down Citronic walked to the bar. As the Japanese man showed his power in a display of power and finesse. Citronic sighed as he sat down at the bar and ordered a drink up. The bartender looked at him, not even bothering to suppress a disdainful snicker as he explained he didn't know how to make a Barbados Forbidden Fling. Citronic wasn't suprised, even if most novas seemed to be a bit more polite laughter did seem to follow him around. Citronic explained what was in the drink and how to mix it then waited for something to happen.

One moment, Ptesan-Wi was storming away from Elspeth, the party, and in a way from the outside world as a whole. The next, a vision of past days stepped out of the sparkling sun and stopped her dead in her tracks.

The golden aura shone bright about the young man, and for an instant the past and present blended together to show a long-lost man standing before her, strong and confident and one of the few who she had ever entrusted with her deepest secrets. She could not have been more shocked if Wakinyan had suddenly materialized beside him.

A name formed on her lips, but just as she whispered, "Procyon!", the vision changed in subtle but important ways. Younger, less sure of himself, green eyes where once there had been blue, but most of all, a mind that was unfamiliar... no, this was not her mentor. But if not, then...

Realization set in, and she half-asked, half-stated, *You are Procyon's son.*

One moment, Ptesan-Wi was storming away from Elspeth, the party, and in a way from the outside world as a whole. The next, a vision of past days stepped out of the sparkling sun and stopped her dead in her tracks.

The golden aura shone bright about the young man, and for an instant the past and present blended together to show a long-lost man standing before her, strong and confident and one of the few who she had ever entrusted with her deepest secrets. She could not have been more shocked if Wakinyan had suddenly materialized beside him.

A name formed on her lips, but just as she whispered, "Procyon!", the vision changed in subtle but important ways. Younger, less sure of himself, green eyes where once there had been blue, but most of all, a mind that was unfamiliar... no, this was not her mentor. But if not, then...

Realization set in, and she half-asked, half-stated, *You are Procyon's son.*

Phaethon smiled , a bright flash of teeth visible as he stepped towards the stunned woman.

"Hello, Ptesan-Wi," he began in a low sweet tenor, his green eyes shining at the petite Lakota. "My father said you would know me; he sends his love, and his regret at his long and continued absence." With no evidence of self-consciousness or embarrassment of any sort, he enfolded her in a gentle hug.

Phaethon smiled , a bright flash of teeth visible as he stepped towards the stunned woman.

"Hello, Ptesan-Wi," he began in a low sweet tenor, his green eyes shining at the petite Lakota. "My father said you would know me; he sends his love, and his regret at his long and continued absence." With no evidence of self-consciousness or embarrassment of any sort, he enfolded her in a gentle hug.

<"To the Land of the Rising Sun! May it never set...">

Katsuro's expression was now somewhere between breaking out in laughter and cutting Jordan's head off. Infinity nearly put a hole through his leather pants as she squeezed his leg harder. He didn't seem to notice, and she sighed, lifting her glass and pressing the cold side against her forehead. "You know," Katsuro-"sama" said, his face still twisted into that oddly amused expression, "if you wanted a job working with the real forward thinkers of our country, I could get you one."

"Hey!" Infinity said, sitting up and looking around for something to draw attention to. "Wow, um..." Calling attention to the approaching albino wouldn't do it, and the others were now looking expectantly at her.

The golden guy appearing out of no where was perfect. "Holllllly fuck," she said. "That's Procyon... wait, no it's not, unless he's into the jailbait look these days."

"Pretty boy. Faggot's in a skirt," Stanley muttered with a curl of his lip. "Only thing saving him from an imminant beat-down is his node."

"The fuck?" Infinity mumbled, rolling her piercing in and out of her mouth absent-mindedly. "I'd swear to god that's Pr- Oh, shit, he seems to be making friends with Ptes- Ptesa- Ptesanasasching." She leaned over and poked NodeSpark. "Hey, maybe you should do a brother a solid and go warn him that her brain bites, eh?"

"Why don't you?" Katsuro asked.

The thought of talking to the golden kid looking like the ugly duckling next to Ptesan-Wi's swan was depressing - or even next to Elspeth. "Fuck that," she lied. "Injun Lady seems to have rolled off the wrong side of the holy mount this morning. I am not getting anywhere near her without a tinfoil hat. A super-heavy duty tinfoil hat."

<"To the Land of the Rising Sun! May it never set...">

Katsuro's expression was now somewhere between breaking out in laughter and cutting Jordan's head off. Infinity nearly put a hole through his leather pants as she squeezed his leg harder. He didn't seem to notice, and she sighed, lifting her glass and pressing the cold side against her forehead. "You know," Katsuro-"sama" said, his face still twisted into that oddly amused expression, "if you wanted a job working with the real forward thinkers of our country, I could get you one."

"Hey!" Infinity said, sitting up and looking around for something to draw attention to. "Wow, um..." Calling attention to the approaching albino wouldn't do it, and the others were now looking expectantly at her.

The golden guy appearing out of no where was perfect. "Holllllly fuck," she said. "That's Procyon... wait, no it's not, unless he's into the jailbait look these days."

"Pretty boy. Faggot's in a skirt," Stanley muttered with a curl of his lip. "Only thing saving him from an imminant beat-down is his node."

"The fuck?" Infinity mumbled, rolling her piercing in and out of her mouth absent-mindedly. "I'd swear to god that's Pr- Oh, shit, he seems to be making friends with Ptes- Ptesa- Ptesanasasching." She leaned over and poked NodeSpark. "Hey, maybe you should do a brother a solid and go warn him that her brain bites, eh?"

"Why don't you?" Katsuro asked.

The thought of talking to the golden kid looking like the ugly duckling next to Ptesan-Wi's swan was depressing - or even next to Elspeth. "Fuck that," she lied. "Injun Lady seems to have rolled off the wrong side of the holy mount this morning. I am not getting anywhere near her without a tinfoil hat. A super-heavy duty tinfoil hat."

It was to a rather crowded beach that Neil arrived, stepping through a friend's warp portal. He was dressed in a light cotton shirt, kakhi shorts and sandals. It was nearly impossible to tell, outside of a bare wiff of hospital around him.

Walking up to Elsbeth, he first gave a smile and a nod to Ptsen-Wi. As he came up, he swung his backpack off his shoulder. Neil reached inside and got ready to pull out something. Something he hoped she would like.

It was to a rather crowded beach that Neil arrived, stepping through a friend's warp portal. He was dressed in a light cotton shirt, kakhi shorts and sandals. It was nearly impossible to tell, outside of a bare wiff of hospital around him.

Walking up to Elsbeth, he first gave a smile and a nod to Ptsen-Wi. As he came up, he swung his backpack off his shoulder. Neil reached inside and got ready to pull out something. Something he hoped she would like.

Connor raises his beer and drains the rest echoing the toast with a smile in perfect Japanese.

His eyes turned towards the new arrivals. "I'll say one thing for him, he certainly makes an entrance."

Connor grabs another beer, glad and secure in that the alcohol won't affect him at all. He looks around to see what the other guests were doing, to see if there were any other familiar faces.

Connor raises his beer and drains the rest echoing the toast with a smile in perfect Japanese.

His eyes turned towards the new arrivals. "I'll say one thing for him, he certainly makes an entrance."

Connor grabs another beer, glad and secure in that the alcohol won't affect him at all. He looks around to see what the other guests were doing, to see if there were any other familiar faces.

To say that young Phaethon was surprised at the small woman's outburst is an understatement; chagrined would be a better term. As her arms clenched around him and she began weeping on his shoulder, the 16 year old nova's large green eyes looked puzzled and dismayed as they mutely questioned of the two other novas nearby, searching Neil and Elspeth's faces for some clue as to what he should do. Sun-bronzed arms continued to hold Ptesan-Wi gently, and he murmured soft reasuring sounds to her as she clung to him, at a loss for anything better to do when confronted by such emotion.

To say that young Phaethon was surprised at the small woman's outburst is an understatement; chagrined would be a better term. As her arms clenched around him and she began weeping on his shoulder, the 16 year old nova's large green eyes looked puzzled and dismayed as they mutely questioned of the two other novas nearby, searching Neil and Elspeth's faces for some clue as to what he should do. Sun-bronzed arms continued to hold Ptesan-Wi gently, and he murmured soft reasuring sounds to her as she clung to him, at a loss for anything better to do when confronted by such emotion.

Pulling back enough to look the young golden man in the face, Ptesan-Wi recovered enough to smile and send, *I'm sorry for the display. This has been a day of rather drastic highs and lows. I assure you that you are one of the highs.*

Turning in his arms, she looked to her nearby friends and said, "Elspeth, Neil, this is Phaeton, the son of my former mentor, Procyon."

Pulling back enough to look the young golden man in the face, Ptesan-Wi recovered enough to smile and send, *I'm sorry for the display. This has been a day of rather drastic highs and lows. I assure you that you are one of the highs.*

Turning in his arms, she looked to her nearby friends and said, "Elspeth, Neil, this is Phaeton, the son of my former mentor, Procyon."

Archived