Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Enhancement Opinion and Questions

Okay, a few questions about enhancements.

1. Enhanced Initiative for Mega-Wits.

If this is purchased more than once do you pay 1QP per +5 you want to add to your initiative score or do you pay 1QP to add the total of all your purchases?

So if you had EI four times would it be... 1QP and add +20 or 4QP and add +20?

2. Shockwave for Mega-Strength.

A house ruling for consideration: Shockwave can be purchased more than once, each purchase adds +1 to the difficulty to resist falling from the quake. The character is limited to a total difficulty no higher than their own Mega-Strength score (making it pointless to purchase untl you'r eat least Mega-Strength 4).

Thus a character can have Shockwave x3 at Mega-Strength 5 and have a difficulty of +5 to resist the knock down of his quake. This signifies the sheer power of a nova that strong making it nearly impossible for even the most sure footed novas to remain standing. Obviously the 'Perfect Balance' enhancement would be the ultimate counter for a nova faced with a quaking giant.

Just a thought.

Okay, a few questions about enhancements.

1. Enhanced Initiative for Mega-Wits.

If this is purchased more than once do you pay 1QP per +5 you want to add to your initiative score or do you pay 1QP to add the total of all your purchases?

So if you had EI four times would it be... 1QP and add +20 or 4QP and add +20?

2. Shockwave for Mega-Strength.

A house ruling for consideration: Shockwave can be purchased more than once, each purchase adds +1 to the difficulty to resist falling from the quake. The character is limited to a total difficulty no higher than their own Mega-Strength score (making it pointless to purchase untl you'r eat least Mega-Strength 4).

Thus a character can have Shockwave x3 at Mega-Strength 5 and have a difficulty of +5 to resist the knock down of his quake. This signifies the sheer power of a nova that strong making it nearly impossible for even the most sure footed novas to remain standing. Obviously the 'Perfect Balance' enhancement would be the ultimate counter for a nova faced with a quaking giant.

Just a thought.

It was my understanding that you pay 1 qp no matter how many times you take Enhanced inititative. My reasoning being that quickness specifically states the cost per level while EI only says the one cost.

Shockwave house rule seems okay, though for what you get it seems expensive.

It was my understanding that you pay 1 qp no matter how many times you take Enhanced inititative. My reasoning being that quickness specifically states the cost per level while EI only says the one cost.

Originally Posted By: The_Fool

I was under that impression too, but I've heard differently so I'm looking for clarification.

Quote:

It's more for thematics. A Mega-Strength 5/6 character punching the earth to cause a quake shouldn't be a small thing. The Earth trembles, the sky falls, The Devil starts banging a mop handle on the roof of Hell screaming at us mortals to "keep it down up there!".

Real next level biblical kinda shit.

A +6 difficulty quake would be something that was so brutal that no instruments could gauge it and most structures would fall flat. Do not pass go, do not collect shit cuz yo ass is homeless and waiting on FEMA.

Precision would be a good thing to go wit hit too... yeah...

Originally Posted By: The_Fool

I was under that impression too, but I've heard differently so I'm looking for clarification.

Quote:

It's more for thematics. A Mega-Strength 5/6 character punching the earth to cause a quake shouldn't be a small thing. The Earth trembles, the sky falls, The Devil starts banging a mop handle on the roof of Hell screaming at us mortals to "keep it down up there!".

Real next level biblical kinda shit.

A +6 difficulty quake would be something that was so brutal that no instruments could gauge it and most structures would fall flat. Do not pass go, do not collect shit cuz yo ass is homeless and waiting on FEMA.

Precision would be a good thing to go wit hit too... yeah...

Question about that. Does RPG-Post use the errata that says Shockwave and Thunderclap do the Mega Strength damage adds (as dice to roll not adds) for determining damage? I know canon rules say mega Str in dice, but for a Mega Str 5 character 5 dice is way wimpy. I think the errata was meant to fix that but im just checking cuz, as you say its good to know for sure.

Question about that. Does RPG-Post use the errata that says Shockwave and Thunderclap do the Mega Strength damage adds (as dice to roll not adds) for determining damage? I know canon rules say mega Str in dice, but for a Mega Str 5 character 5 dice is way wimpy. I think the errata was meant to fix that but im just checking cuz, as you say its good to know for sure.

Regarding the E.I. question I think that I have seen people buy Regeneration multiple times in order to regain more health per Quantum Point; i.e. Regenx4 = 4 health levels healed per QP spent. If this is correct and legal it would lend itself to the interpretation that EIx4 = 1 QP for +20 Init.

Regarding the E.I. question I think that I have seen people buy Regeneration multiple times in order to regain more health per Quantum Point; i.e. Regenx4 = 4 health levels healed per QP spent. If this is correct and legal it would lend itself to the interpretation that EIx4 = 1 QP for +20 Init.

Archived