VileBill

Another chance to say fuck the good ol USA.

I ain't lived in the states for 'bout three years now and I still gotta pay taxes.

For what?!

Sonsabitches.

Hope you newbies are enjoying your first year of Uncle Sam planting his knobbly cock right up the poop chute.

Outlaws pay taxes? Why, Vile Bill, I'm stunned.

Given any thought to, I don't know, not paying? What's the government going to do? Throw you into debtor's prison? Even if they still did that, you are Vile fucking Bill, and who the hell are a bunch of government arseholes to tell you that you owe them a share of your spoils because you were born there?

Quote:
Hope you newbies are enjoying your first year of Uncle Sam planting his knobbly cock right up the poop chute.

Uncle Sam has been doing that to me for years. I could be worse, I could live in France or Sweden. Then, not only would I not have any choice in how to do what I do best, but they would take 80% of what I made. Don't get me wrong. I love my work. I would probably still be a healer if it didn't pay. But to have some pencil-pusher tell me who I can treat and who I can't, is adding insult to injury.

In the US, they use a little lube. In Europe, they wipe your ass for you until it is dry, then go to town.

Originally Posted By: Cain, PI
Outlaws pay taxes? Why, Vile Bill, I'm stunned.

Given any thought to, I don't know, not paying? What's the government going to do? Throw you into debtor's prison? Even if they still did that, you are Vile fucking Bill, and who the hell are a bunch of government arseholes to tell you that you owe them a share of your spoils because you were born there?

Hey Mr. Mystery, I'm a public fucking figure and I work for Devries. They're kinda concerned about us flipping the bird to countries as big, badass and tax hungry as the U S of A. From what they've laid down for me I can pay taxes or I can see everything I send my Momma get yanked 'fore she has a chance to party down with it. Fuck that.

I turned mine in months ago. I got a couple of bucks back from what was withheld on my part-time job. Whee! I guess taxes will become more of a big deal once I figure out how to cash in on my ability and have enough saved up to let mom retire.

Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi
Seesh... you're not the only country that deals with taxes. Then again, I think the IRS in your country is a bit... jackbooted.

My point Pinky was that I'm paying taxes for a country I ain't stepped foot in for nigh on three fucking years.

Originally Posted By: VileBill
Hey Mr. Mystery, I'm a public fucking figure and I work for Devries. They're kinda concerned about us flipping the bird to countries as big, badass and tax hungry as the U S of A. From what they've laid down for me I can pay taxes or I can see everything I send my Momma get yanked 'fore she has a chance to party down with it. Fuck that.

The easy solution to that, Bill, would be to stop working for DeVries and go into business for yourself. But you'll do whatever you like, I won't sales pitch you.

It's a shame that you're stuck giving your money to government hyenas on account of your mother, but I understand. After all, she's your ma, right? What else you going to do?

Originally Posted By: Cain, PI

The easy solution to that, Bill, would be to stop working for DeVries and go into business for yourself. But you'll do whatever you like, I won't sales pitch you.

Fuck that. I like Devries. Good people.

Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi
I did, I'm just curious as to your status. If you're not living in the US anymore because of your work, then why are you being forced to pay US tax?

I thought DeVries had a good legal department.

US Citizen. And they do. They really do.

Things didn't really change as far as my taxes this year. Filed my 1040A in half an hour and sent it back the next day. Already blew my refund.

US Citizen. And they do. They really do.

Why not apply for South African citizenship? Your mother will still have to pay luxury tax on the gifts you give her, but I hear the South African government is a lot lighter on the income than the US, and I'm sure that working for Anna, you'd probably pay a good deal less than most.

I guess because in my fuckin heart I'm an American and I always will be.

Brother, I've slogged enough shit and mud in the Third World to know I can't ever think of myself as belonging there to do more than crack heads. I just can't. Call me an old softie for the US of A.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I just realized I'm going to have to spring for an accountant and a financial adviser. I am not, not, not doing my taxes on my own next year.

If nothing else, I can be grateful about the money I'm not giving to the medical community. Pricks.

• 2 months later...

Archived