Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 2- Session 3: Fleeting Peace

Justin OOC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well i suppose it is evident that we should find a way to rescue Kai, I just do not know how we would get away with it without making the dalaraan empire look like it just wants control over the skeleton key. The truth remains that Kai is obviously your friend and it is best for him to be in an environment which will set his heart to the proper task of using his abilities in a positive nature...the Circinus would just use him like a machine and this man, Satoshi might even do worse".

"I eagerly await the emperor's advice in all of this, but for the moment my true quest is to know as much about my charge as possible. Please Lily...tell me about yourself if you would be so kind as to educate me"

"Uh...well...where to start?" Lily hedges. "I'm third oldest in my family; I have an older brother and sister, and two each that are younger than me. There's a pretty good sized age difference between me and my older brother...I just got out of the Academy about a year ago, and Earth is my first posting. I was kind of wild as a kid...but I had lessons in statecraft and etiquette and all that. I just didn't USE them as often as father or mother would have liked." She grins.

"I like being outside...I love flying. The hardest part about being on Earth in disguise was that I couldn't fly. I like flowers, but not in gardens and not in books, but growing wild all tangled up together. I like summer, and grass, and beaches..." She shrugs. "And...I like a good fight sometimes, just to keep things honest and me in shape."

"I don't know...did you have any specific questions?"

Caught in the moment, Yua opens her eyes at Lily's last inquiry.

She had been imagining the positive sensations that would accompany such descriptions of her joys. The mentioning of flowers had reminded her of her homeland and momentarily she had drifted off on thoughts of such imagery.

"No Lily...That's all I needed to know".

She smiles back whole-heartily.

"It's actually been a while since I have battled. I love a good fight too and I am probably a little rusty".

Yua Giggles ending in a longing sigh.

Saito listens to Lily's story with great interest, this was the first time that he had the chance to learn about one of the culture's currently battling for Earth first hand.

"I have a question Miss Lily; Why did you choose Earth to be your first assignment?"

Lily shrugs.

"It's where I was needed most, in my opinion," she answers. "Earth has the potential to be a great ally of the Empire...but it could also be a terrible threat if it falls to Circinus. At the same time though, there's another threat from inside."

She sighs and leans back in her chair, clearly not liking what she has to say.

"There's been...a lot of unrest over Earth, and how the Emperor's been handling it. Some of the powerful imperial families...who control a pretty good section of the Fleet...have been pressuring the Emperor to abandon diplomacy and simply conquer Earth. There's a lot of 'good' military reasons to do that, and they argue that Earth is a unique situation and the usual first contact rules shouldn't apply."

Lily shakes her head and runs her fingers through her wild red hair in frustration.

"Anyway, the Emperor flatly forbade outright invasion, but the local commanders here at Earth have still been a lot more aggressive than Imperial policy allows. We're so far from Dalaraan Prime out here, the power of the Emperor is lessened, and the power of the elite lords is greater, and so the threat of outright war is looming, even against the Emperor's wishes. There's even been rumors of rebellion in the lords, mutiny. A powerful Dalaraan lord, who had conquered Earth and the Key with his personal armada...he might be able to challenge the Emperor himself."

Lily pauses, then says simply, "So I came to show the people that the Emperor was willing to put his own blood and kin on the line...that he wasn't asking anything of them that he wasn't willing to risk. And I came to rally the forces that are loyal to the Emperor and weaken the influence of the lords. Basically, I came to make sure HIS will was being done, and peaceful alliance was being pursued."

She sighs and waves a hand. "But it all went wrong, and so he had to come personally. Kind of an embarrassment for me, though it's nice seeing him again."

It took awhile to reach the others. The ship was far larger than what little he had seen from the mecha. Soon though, he found Lily and Saito. There was a strange feline looking girl speaking with them.

He waved at the others when they noticed him. As he came closeer, he spoke to them. "It looks like Amane is going to be fine."

He smiles at the cat-woman, giving her a slight bow. "Hi, I'm Georgi...Georgi Illiyev."

"Salutations Sir Illiyev".

Noticing his militant dress style, she tilts her head downwards slightly and bends her right knee which lowers her overall stance.

Not knowing how a terran military functions, she is sure to show respect as she would show to her own.

"I trust you are of Princess Lily's Party"?

"Pleased to meet you, Yua." Georgi noticed her strange bow and took it for a military custom. "What sort of military training do you have?" It was a simple question given in curiosity, not in an interrogating fashion.

He frowned at Lily whe she mentioned him knowing the enemy pilot. "I do know one of them...well enough to know he is cruel, sadistic, psychotic and dangerous. What more did you want to know?"

Saito nods.

"Indeed, I am happy to hear that Miss Amane's condition has stabalized. In any case, Mr. Illiyev we are currently taking this downtime to learn more about each other. I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say that I would like to hear why you are here in our group and what brought you to Jindai High School."

Saito's question to Georgi was unexpected, and he was not sure if he was prepared to answer. He was not sure if they were preparede for his answer.

"In truth? I am here because of Kai."

Georgi exhaled deeply, licking his lips. He had promised not to speak of anything that happened. Now, however, the situation had changed, and Kai's secret was out in the open.

"After leaving the Russian Military I came to Japan. Once here, I began work as a recruiter for the various militaries of the world, but mainly for the Japanese Civil Defense Force. That's what brought me to Jindai high school."

He paused.

"While scouting the school's athletic facilities, I hear a strange noise. I ran into the Gymnasium and in the middle of the basketball court was Kai. He was being assailed by what I can only describe as a small devilish creature with horns and hooves. I dispatched the small creature and helped Kai as he came to his senses. We spoke and I told him that I would keep his secret. I also knew that someone like him had to watched and protected. Therefore, I spoke with the school president and got hired as the PE coach."

Lily leans forward excitedly.

"That sounds like another creature from that gate he opened! Maybe he'd opened it before, but just a little...or...or..."

She falls silent, thinking.

"Or maybe some of them are already here, hiding. Some other Key let them in, maybe by mistake. Then they can't get back without another Key. Someone like Kai."

"But of course, it's probably worse. They probably want to use him to let more of them in, not to get out."

Lily rubs her forehead. "I hope they're all okay down there."

In her own mind, Yua begins gradually panic. It had been happening since Lily had mentioned Kai and his relation to her mission. It was dawning on her that this was the overall reason of her summoning and it was not the worst of all thoughts.

"We cannot wait on this;..If creatures from a negative dimension manage to control Kai, can they not use him to open a gateway to ANY OTHER dimension??? I am not one to bark orders and it is certainly against my nature, but to leave this possibility open-ended is absolutely incomprehensible"

"I feel we must go back together to help Kai. Of course the emperor takes precedence over all and if he deems it unwise to venture back to Earth as of yet...it will be that decision to which I'll show my loyalties".

"Oh, I'm sure we'll be going back as soon as..."

Lily pauses abruptly in mid-sentence. Her expression flicks from startlement, to recognition...to concern.

"Hey, uh...I have to go for a second. Yua, stay here. I've been summoned. I'll be back as soon as he's done with me."

With that she gets to her feet, gives everyone a stoic, 'I'm going to the Principal's Office but I'm putting a good face on it' smile, and heads out of the lounge.

A few minutes after Lily's departure a Familiar form appears next to Georgi. Amane's body takes form clad in her combat suit and with a smile on her somewhat still pale face. "If you guys were gonna throw a party, you should have told me."

She looks to Yua and sizes her up and smiles. "I am Lieutenant Amane Kaunac of Satoshi Heavy industries Crisis Response Team Eight, it's a pleasure to meet you."

She smiles at Saito then lays a hand on Georgi's shoulder and whispers at a level only he can hear. "The Madara told me what you did. I'm going to have to thank you properly some other time." She then looks up to the others. Where's Lily, Atsushi and Ryoma charged me with guarding her. It would help if I could find our wayward princess.

Yua, engulfed in total shock was taken totally off guard. she found it difficult to believe that someone could recover so fast and that she was not aware of her arrival.

"Oh! by the gods!"

She stumbles backwards and regains form as Lieutenant Amane greets her. She once again assumes the only military stance she knows then stands straight again.

"Lieutenant...Good to be graced in your presence. You scared me a little there".

Her fur still slightly standing on end.

"Lily said she had been summoned and there was a degree of urgency in her voice. I will assume it is a personal matter but I will not object to helping you find her".

Georgi turned and gave her a slight smile. "You took care of me when I had nightmares. I felt honor-bound to return the favor." he whispered back to Amane. His mind, however, was saying something different.What is wrong with me! Honor-Bound?! Why can't I tell her the truth.

Aloud, so that the others could hear. "I had just finished telling Saito and the others about the circumstances that led to my employment at Jindai High School." He didn't want to tell it again at this time, but he would tell Amane if she wished. His mind raged back at him. I'd tell her anything if she wished it.

All told, it's not long after she leaves that Lily reappears...literally.

There's a blue-violet glowing haze that appears swirling not far from the table, then a sharp CRACK and a puff of breeze as Lily erupts out of it. She grimaces and puts a hand to her stomach for a moment, then realizes that Amane is back.

"Hey," she says, "you're all right! That's the first good news I've had in...well, it's good news."

There's something different about Lily from when she left. She's not quite as...energetic; her smile less naturally broad, some of the 'sparkle' gone, or at least muted.

She quickly says, "Fa...the Emperor's on his way down to meet everyone and to help us work out what comes next. And to talk to you, Amane. He can seem kind of intimidating, but don't let it fool you, he's really very nice. He's just...aware of appearances. None of you are part of the Empire, so you don't have to bow or salute or anything. Just...just show some respect is all I ask. I brought you here so it's kind of my responsibility..."

She takes a gulp of air and smiles shakily. "I'm kind of...babbling. Sorry. Just nervous."

Amane smiles to the fox like Hiroga. Thanks I appreciate it." She looks to Saito and smiles. "I have my secrets young man, that is one of them."

Her smile widened abit as she regarded Georgi. "I see." Her voice is a sultry purr for a moment then returns to normal. "I'd love to hear the story, though since you just told you I won't ask you to retell it, but perhaps later after all our business is concluded."

Considering her own abilities she thought nothing of Lily reappearing via teleportation. "Welcome back Lily, I'm glad to see you're ok too."

She nods. "I've dealt with the upper echelons of society for a long time now. As the only Formal representative of Satoshi I'll do all I can to give peace a chance. This has to go well, any other outcome is simply unacceptable."

It was at that moment thatThe Warning Klaxon began to sound as the ship went into Red Alert. "ATTENTION ALL HANDS CIRCINUS WARSHIPS HAVE BROKEN THROUGH THE CORDON AND ARE MOUNTING AN INVASION OF EARTH. gO TO LEVEL ONE BATTLESTATIONS, PRINCESS LILY AND HER PARTY ARE TO REPORT TO THE BRIDGE IMMEDIATELY."

And in that moment, the hope of Peace was proven fleeting, as the Dalaraan warships began to battle mode, preparing to combat the cirinus fleet.

(((OOC end session 3. 5 cp award to everyone. Hope you guys are ready, 'cause now the bad stuff happens.)))

Archived