Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 2- Session 3: Fleeting Peace

Justin OOC

The two Madara look at each other. "We need to run some tests and this young woman needs to get some rest. By your leave highness we'll take her the the infirmiry where she can recuperate from whatever happened. We'll let you know as soon as she stabilizes."

They look to Georgi and one of them nods. "You may come too, It would be best if she had a friendly face nearby when she awoke on an Alien vessel."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lily nods.

"Give me a call when she wakes up too," she adds.

Then, looking back at her father, the Emperor, Lily said, "We should talk. Satoshi has the Key. He was in the hands of friends when I left, but after this...episode in space, I'm not sure which faction will take control of him."

The Emperor nods sagely, knowing too well that schisms can be dangerous. "Yes, we'll discuss it once your officer friend regains consciousness. Until then however I have another matter to discuss with you."

He gestures to Yua and smiles. "This is Yua. She is of the Fox tribe of the Hiroga and she will be your new bodyguard from now on."

He looks to Yua. "My daughter is a handful, but I have faith in your ability to keep up with her."

He turns to Lily. "Yua is relatively young by Hiroga warrior standards, but she's very capable. I cannot stress to you that she's here to help you and keep you safe."

Lily catches herself before she rolls her eyes or groans. It would only dishonor Yua, and it wasn't the Hiroga's fault. Not directly.

She gives Yua a grateful bow and says, "Hi, Yua. I'm sure we'll be good friends. Don't worry about being young. I'm just out of the Academy myself." She smiles.

Yua approaches lily with very shy gestures, keeping her chin level symmetrical or below the princess's own. Her eyes are still quite feral but full of deep emotion...adrenaline still firing from the witnessing of Amane's near fatal encounter.

"I...I am very graced to be by your side princess. Your father is indeed a very generous emperor and graceful leader; I see these qualities in you already Akosaniolilly".

She then takes a few steps back and gently places her right hand on Amane's forehead using ultrasonics to hopefully calm her mind as she rests...

A faint blue aura seeps slowly like mist from her solar plexus, spreading out around her in transparent envelopment. A faint humming reverberates through the air as Yua's eyes close slowly.

OOC: (Soul check for aura of inspiration to calm her self and others around her, promoting higher chi flow. >> Result : 14 << Average success. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1433250 )

"She should be just fine Princess". She speaks quietly.

Yua's ears perk up slightly with much delight. Her eyes open again as she turns towards Lily, hosting a rather silly and titanic smile; large canine protrude through the rather awkward display of happiness.

"Ok L...Lily"! She stutters as she goes in for a giddy and lopsided embrace. "I have not had the chance to really make good friends for quite some time".

Learning the English language had been quite a trial for her in recent years. The language of ultrasonics had been her upbringing and it was not uncommon for her to stutter and bumble around the language.

"Whoooo are ya friends"? She inquires; a leg still out-stretched in a forty degree angle from the speed of the hug.

Lily waves her arms to keep her balance, startled by the hug.

"Oh! Georgi and Saito, who were at the school with me, and Lieutenant Amane...who's passed out...from Satoshi. There's more that didn't come up here too. I'll introduce you to them when we get ba..."

She breaks off, and looks at the Emperor.

"What's going to happen now?" Lily asks. "I mean...once Amane wakes up and we talk and all that...will I be going back to Earth?"

The Emperor looks at her. "That will be determined when the time comes daughter. There are alot of things you simply do not know of yet. That discussion will happen later though, in private."

He smiles. "Your mission isn't complete yet, so I'd say you have a good chance. The Royal family must always succeed."

Yua reaches out and accompanies the terran greeting, locking her hand with his and not quite being sure when to let go.

"If you are with Lily Saaaitoo...errrr Saito, then the pleasure is also mine"!

Her grin now a more relaxed smile as she begins to calm down. Her hand is finally removed from saito's as it suddenly lifts towards her face. A healthy sneeze fires her downward like a bowling pin!

*THUD* "I'm ok"!

Lily lifts her eyebrows a bit at Yua's antics, and gives her father a questioning look...as if to say, 'one of the best, eh?'

Only for a moment though. She quickly leans over to offer Yua her hand and help her back up to her feet.

"Careful there..."

Yua easily accepts the helping hand and is lifted to her feet almost instantly, surprised at her strength.

"woah; Thanks Lily"... Slightly Embarrassed, she regains her composure and stands at attention realizing the emperor has been speaking. Her ears flatten and her head lowers.

( "Ugh this is your first mission. Stop slacking off" )

Saito could suddenly feel his stomach rumbling, he felt that it would not be in anyone's best interest to attend peace talks with an intergalactic emperor on an empty stomach.

"Excuse me, but would it seems that these peace talks might go a little more smoothly if we have all of our companions in good condition so might I suggest that we put off the peace talks until we all have had a chance to compose ourselves after our long journey."

Yua lifts her head up quickly. "Yes Sir; ...This way friends".

Only a few steps ahead of the group at all times, she moves forward through the erratic and twisting labyrinth of corridors.

Yua stops momentarily as she rounds each corner making sure all are accounted for though, still she never seems to make eye contact before resuming.

Finally after artificial surroundings disappear, the last corridor is reached, pulsing with an unidentified life force. A massive and heavily shielded entrance gives way before the group's arrival. After a hundred yards or so a fairly wide stair case comes into view...it is under that in which the doors to the officer's lounge are reached.

"Yes, it takes forever but there is no safer place in all the cosmos. Let me know if you need my help at anytime. For the while being, I'll resume my duties".

"Actually Miss Yua, if I recall correctly His Highness has assigned you to our group to be a bodyguard for Miss Lily. So it would be advantageous for us all to exchange personal information about each other so we can know each better and maybe trust each other in a combat situation".

Saito was beginning to feel a little out of place. This would mark the first time that he is completely alone. He does not have a brother, a commander, in fact Saito was one of two full-blooded humans on the ship.

Yua freezes in place breifly, turns around and smiles.

"I would never leave you and P...Princess Lily. Maybe I should have specified that my duties were only to insure complete safety in the area surrounding this room. I would be right outside however, now would probably be as good as time as any to bring down this persona".

As She moves closer to Lily and Saito, a small blue aura lights up the floor around her illuminating in a neon blue radius. Momenterily the soft light brightens around her entire frame and seizes quickly revealing her hiroga form.

Her Head appears extremely lupine in nature with an extended snout, only her features are fare more dainty then even a fox's own. Between her brows and along the side of her ears several deep blue and plasmic lines show from beneath the fur glowing dimly. Her fur runs entirely over any visible area of her body blanketing her in a thick, snowy coat of white and blue.

As normal her clothes appear unscathed in the transformation.

Her voice chimed in slowly, sounding like a digital delay as she spoke. It resonated metallically.

"I would have introduced my self in a similar fashion earlier, but until I felt completely safe, It would not have been a good idea. My real name is Misyrennies...It's a battle name granted to me, although I much rather prefer to be called yua"

She pauses for a few moments and looks to Lily.

"No matter how far away I will appear to be at times I am only seconds away. I will never intetionally leave my charge".

(OOC: Soul check to try to ensure this is true.

>> Result: 17 / Above Average << http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1439624

Saito shakes his head back and forth.

"Ohh no, I did not mean that. I just thought that while you were on this ship you might have other things to attend to. I was only suggesting that it might be a good idea for us to get to know each other a little better if we are to be fighting together."

Lily nods, both at Saito and in recognition of Yua's form and battle name.

"I think I see what he's saying... Let me put it this way, Yua. If you have things to do or want to go, you can do that. I know you'll be here if we need you. But Saito's thinking, and I agree, that this would also be a great time for us all to sit down and swap war stories."

She grins and gestures at a table.

"I've only really got one, so far, but it's not a bad one. And you have a battle name, so you must have some. And Saito's probably got a ton. So...you're welcome to join us. What do you think?"

"It would be a perfect opportunity I reckon since in these times you never know when you'll have the opportunity to just relax".

She takes a seat on the left side of the rather large, rectangular table and seems to stare blankly into nothingness for a few seconds.

"The man out there...the one which killed a member of your group. For some reason this man strikes a fear in me i've not known. I would love to talk about our stories but I have to know who this man is. I do not know much about him but I...I HATE him!

Saito takes Yua's invitation and proceeds to follow suit and sit at the table with her and Lily. The memory of the E-Shadow's blow against the Blu Duel is something that haunts Saito, he knows that he will have to face that machine one day.

"The man who pilots the black machine is known as Takeshi Satoshi, he is a very powerful individual within the Satoshi Heavy Industries corporation on Earth. Indeed, he is a mad man who only wishes to fight and kill.

Saito stops for a moment and then continues.

"He actually threatened both myself and Miss Lily earlier today. I do know that he is not the kind of man that I want representing my people."

Lily nods.

"The situation on Earth is really complicated. It's all factionalized. Most of the population...even the civilian leaders...don't even KNOW about life from other planets, let alone other dimensions. Of the ones that do know, some want peace and cooperation, some want to exploit and use these things to benefit Earth no matter what, and some fear and hate them as threats to Earth and want to destroy them."

"The good news is that we contacted the faction that wants peace first, so we got a head start out here. That's the only reason any of us made it this far."

Yua's blank stare seems to dissipate as the conversation veers from the subject of Takeshi Satoshi onto a more positive area.

"It must be very confusing for everyone on earth right now. I continuously worry that our peace talks will be jeporadized by every strong negative action that results from people like Takeshi Satoshi. To make matters even more complicated there is the presence of the Circinus Federation".

"I am very relieved to hear that at least someone wants to conduct peace negotiations. I see it as being very important to Proceed with this at utmost haste, although I cannot speak for your father Lily. I am sure he will know what to do".

Yua's ears raise up a little higher as she chuckles to herself in

a sort of snorting belly laugh with a hint of insanity.

"He ALWAYS knows what to do! That's why we have all survived on the Ascendent Victory for so long".

"Please Saito...Lily; Do tell me about yourselves. I do feel much comfort around my new friends. We have to break the ice Som...Som... Somehow!

She Stutters at the last second almost avoiding it altogether.

Georgi followed the medical personnel to where they were to run the tests. He hoped the others would understand his absence. There would be time for him to make his introductions later. Right now, he felt obligated to be with Amane.

As they traveled to the destination, Georgi look at the alien architecture and structures around him. He was actually excited to see their medical facilities.

The two Madara wait for Georgi to at least look away as they remove her combat uniform. Once disrobed she's carefully placed on one of the medical tables. A panel is moved over her body and on the side one of the Madara lets out a low whistle as Amane's stats started registering on the scanner.

"Izumi, She's got all the standard coding of a Baseline Terran but look at these readings. She's got level nine plus spiritual essence and her meabolic rates are a hundred times baseline for Terrans. She is literally healing all the cellular damage."

"Considering the trauma whatever happened to her caused she'd have to be able to heal at a prodigious rate to survive it. I can only imagine what would have happened if the change had not been interrupted."

They both look over to Georgi. "You were with her what happened in there? Her brainwave activity is down in several longterm areas, but in several "short-term" areas it is completely off the charts. Or at least it was. Now it seems to be normalizing somewhat."

Then something somewhat unexpected happened. Amane's Eyes opened and she smiled briefly. "Everyone must be safe if you're here with me."

Hearing the results from the tests, Georgi looks at Amane with self-satisfied smile. At least I know what you are, and what you are capable of. He says to himself as he stands next to her. When she wakes and speaks, he is smiling at her.

"Yes, we are all safe. You gave us a scare for few minutes, but you are better now." He tried be be reassuring.

"How much do you remember?" It was probably a questions for the two 'Madara', but Georgi wanted to know. He had his own memory problems, and was curious if she had any similar issues.

I remember Satoshi... and the Shadow's sword... and Jean Marie's scream... OH God Georgi, he killed her." The last words come out as tears start streaming down her cheeks.

"She was my best friend and they killed her.." IT's followed by sobbing and then the two Madara look at each other and press a pair of buttons, injecting her with a fair amount of Sedatives. She drifts off to sleep She's still crying. "At least you didn't see me finish..."

The two Madara look at Georgi. "Perhaps you should wait outside. Her brainwaves and biopatterns are not stable. Seeing you right now seems to only remind her of the incident in space right now, and we'd prefer to avoid further agitation of her vitals. We will contact you when she's fully normal again, but until then we advise you remain with the Princess and the other young man who came with you."

Lily beams at Yua and shrugs.

"Well, you've probably seen my files by now. I kind of put my father in an awkward position requesting Earth as my first assignment coming out of the Academy, but I thought...and I still think...that it's the most important conflict the Empire's engaged in right now. Especially because it's testing the loyalty of so many officials and lords. I figured I could rally the loyalists and get the more aggressive factions to back down long enough to talk."

She chuckles. "I didn't know he'd be coming out here personally though. Even so, I got to know Kai and his friends on Earth, so it wasn't a total waste." Her smile fades. "Even if a lot of people did die to get me here."

Lily shakes her head and gives Saito a look. "Why don't you go first? I never really got to know you at school. You were always so quiet..."

The last thing he wanted to see was her crying. She had retained her memories of the incident, and Georgi felt a little sadness. Sometimes it is better to not remember. He recalled his fragmented memory and some of the horrible dreams that terrorized his sleep. Yes, somethings are better not remembered.

Georgi nodded to the two Madara. Before leaving, he reached down and gently touched Amane's hand; his face like granite. "You will get your revenge Amane. I promise." he whispered. Even if it means my own life.

He looked for a guard to get directions to Lily and the others.

Izumi calls to him as he leaves. "The Princess and her guest and Guardian are on deck seven, in the officer's lounge. I'll notify the computer that you're going to be joiniing them and it will grant you access."

She does so and returns back to her patient, who continues to astound her.

Saito nods.

"I suppose if you like, I can go first Miss Lily."

"Well I was trained by my father for combat at an early age by my father. I spent most of my childhood as members of various military units all over the world honing my skills in battle.

A short while ago I was on assignment and I recieved a message from my father telling me to return to Japan because he had found something astounding. Upon my return I found that my father had been able to unearth the Meteor from an archelogical site and had managed to secure it without anyone knowing. Father decided to have me spend the next year learning to pilot Meteor because he thought that the world would need it's power very soon."

"I was then enrolled at Jindai High School and began my pilot training. However, as I had only experianced military situations for my entire life I had quite a bit of difficulty adjusting to civilian life."

Saito gave a light laugh.

"I caused quite a bit of property damage during my first year and if it had not been for President Hayami, I would have been expelled from Jindai High School. In fact, ill tell you about how President Hayami and myself first met."

"It was during my freshman one day during lunch. Most of the students at school had been keeping their distance from me because they were rather afraid of me. However, it seemed that some of Jindai High's braver females had been taking an interest in me mostly because I was a little on the mysterious side. One of the girls had come up to me and was hystericaly telling me that there was an intruder in the restricted girl's locker room. The girls all wanted me to apprehend him so I accepted the mission. After obtaining a description of the intruder I began to scour the school grounds for him and when I found him I rushed him, flipped him to the ground and pulled my gun on him, however I was astounded to see the face of the intruder."

Saito paused for a second.

"The identity of the man who I tackled to the ground and pulled a gun on was none other than the then current Student Council President of Jindai High. Apparently he had been doing this for quite some time before I caught him. The school principal was furious with the president and fully intended to punish him but I would also be punished for assualting the student council president. However, before my hearing was to begin, I was called into President Hayami's office however at that time he was only vice president. I apologized to the Vice President for my actions and told him that I would accept any punishment for my actions. Ill never forget his next words.

Hayami: "Mr. Murazaki, it seems that you have made an enemy of the new school principal he wishes you to be expelled. I however see the matter differently. It would be a shame to loose such a talented soldier as yourself. It seems to me that all you need is a mission to complete and you will not have any further problems."

President Hayami then placed on the table a student council armband.

Hayami: "Saito, I would like to offer you the position of Jindai High's Assault Squadron Leader. Officially, you will be a class representative and have all the rights and privalges of one. However, your unofficial duty will be protection of school grounds and the student body. First, you will be on a two month probationary period during that time I shall be giving you orders directly, after that time has passed you shall be given full descretion as to how you will lead your squadron."

"Needless to say, I was a little surprised at his offer but I accepted it."

Flashback Saito: "Sir, I accept this mission and will conduct myself in a proper fashion."

Hayami: "Excellent, I am very happy to hear that. I look forward to a peaceful school Lieutenant."

"I then saluted President Hayami and ever since then I have been protecting Jindai High School from any who might threaten it ever since that day."

Lily nods as she listens, then asks, "Out of curiosity...is it normal for Earth high schools to have secret military trained students that protect them? It seemed to me that there wasn't much civil unrest, or anything unusual that would need that kind of specialized support."

She adds, "Except for the presence of a Key, of course."

"Well, to be quite honest this is the first school that I have attended but, I would assume that the answer is no it is not normal for my squad to exist."

"I feel that President Hayami knew of Morisato's abilities for a long time and decided to assemble some individuals who would be able to protect him. I mean doesnt it seem like a coincidence that he got all of us to defend the school with all of our different abilities?"

Yua's eyes steer from Saito to Lily, then back to Saito; Her pupils quite massive...her expression perplexed.

"You mentioned a key Lily? ...and who is M...Morisato, Saito?

What abilities do you speak of?"

Feeling quite lost she enquired the three previous questions out of a will to understand what is going on and attain situational awareness that would be crucial to her job as Guardian.

"Yeah, he's half the reason that the Empire and the Federation are currently sparring over Earth, with Satoshi taking potshots at both of us right now," Lily confirms.

"See, there's other universes parallel to this one...universes that can only be accessed from weak spots we call gates. The trick is that these gates don't usually just WORK. There's entities that guard them, and have the power to open and close them. We call them Keys. There's no way I know of to travel dimensions without using a Gate, so they're each really important."

"Earth, for whatever reason, is a planet that has a huge number of gates for a huge number of different dimensions. We know Kai is the Key to at least one of them...but there are some beings, very rare, who can control any gate at all. They're called Skeleton Keys, and...well, they're rare, but they're probably the most valuable beings in any universe."

Lily shrugs. "Some people think Kai may be one. If he is, a Skeleton Key living on a planet with as many dimensional gates as Earth could be of incalculable value in terms of opening new routes for trade and contact with other universes. Or as a weapon of conquest."

"Dalaraan's known about Earth for a long time, but a whole bunch of gates isn't, by itself, very big news. Not without the Keys. But a Skeleton Key on Earth makes this planet the frontline for a war for control of him that includes not only Dalaraan and Circinus, but factions on Earth, and probably beings from other universes, like the ones Kai accidentally let in when he opened that gate the other night."

Archived