Exalted: Shards of Hope - General Discussion

Dave ST

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fixed the issue with the NPC library. Everything is showing up as it should now, except for Rysha's. There's something wrong with it and it keeps saying "Not Acceptable" when I activate HTML/UBBC.

Odd.

Exalted Currency and Conversion

The Realm

(Dynasts)

1 jade talent = 8 bars = 64 minae = 128 shekels = 1,024 obols

1 bar = 8 minae = 16 shekels = 128 obols

1 mina = 2 shekels = 16 obols

1 shekel = 8 obols

(Mortals)*

1 obol = 8 koku = 64 quian = 128 siu = 1,024 yen

1 koku = 8 quian = 16 siu = 128 yen

1 siu = 8 yen

*Mortals within the Realm are not permitted to own jade. As such, their system of currency uses paper money (koku and quian, collectively called “jade scrip”) and copper coins (siu and yen), the latter of which can be halved or even quartered.

The Threshold

1 jade talent = 5 silver talents

1 silver talent = 64 lbs = 4 dirhams = 1,600 dinars = 0.2 jade talent = 204.5 obols

1 dirham = 16 lbs = 400 dinars = 51.25 obols

8 lbs silver = 200 dinars = 25.75 obols

4 lbs silver = 100 dinars = 13 obols

2 lbs silver = 50 dinars = 6.5 obols

1 lb silver = 25 dinars = 3.25 obols

0.5 lb silver = 12.5 dinars = 1.75 obols

0.25 lb silver = 6.25 dinars = 0.75 obol

Note: Using silver in the Realm is likely to earn you scorn at the least, mutilation at the worst. There, it’s considered worthless. Conversely, using jade in the Threshold is considered reprehensible, since silver replaced jade there based on jade’s ability to attract spirits (and few spirits in the Threshold are cooperative or benign). The Guild, should you locate one of their agents, will be happy to convert jade to silver, or vice-versa… for a nominal fee, of course.

Resources

X

Jade: less than 2 obols per year

Jade scrip: less than 16 koku per year

Silver: less than 20 dinars per year

Jade: less than 1 mina per year

Jade scrip: less than 64 koku per year

Silver: less than 60 dinars per year

●●

Jade: 1 shekel per year

Jade scrip: less than 128 koku per year

Silver: less than 100 dinars per year

●●●

Jade: less than 1 talent per year

Jade scrip: less than 3,000 koku per year

Silver: less than 5 talents per year

●●●●

Jade: 4-6 talents per year

Jade scrip: 16,000-50,000 koku per year

Silver: 20-30 talents per year

●●●●●

Jade: 12-20 talents per year

Jade scrip: 96,000-160,000 koku per year

Silver: 60-100 talents per year

Note: A talent of jade or silver weighs roughly 64 lbs… so if your Resources rating states that you’re worth that much, you probably aren’t going to be carrying it around in your pocket. It will need to be converted into smaller currency before it can be used effectively.

Guest Dave_Working

I guess it's just between Lily and Ahroun then. I'll get soemthing to ya late this afternoon Lily. Sorry for the delay.

I'll give you guys a bit to finish up the scene in 1:2 then I'll consider it closed and move on to the next chapter. Don't worry about loose ends, like Father Oak, they'll be covered.

I should also award XP eh, been awhile since we had any of that.

Basic Award: 4

Bonus Award: 1

Stunt Award: 1

Story Award: 8 (4XP per chapter 1:1 and 1:2)

Fiction Awards: 9

Total: 23

Normally fiction awards would be for only those who participated in said fiction. However, I'm awarding it to all players simply because it's taken me this long to actually award any XP at all. You guys have earned it while putting up with the languid pace in which the story has moved, and again, you patience is appreciated.

No Character with an Essence of 3 qualifies for an improvement at this time. Those of you with Essence scores of below three may increase them if you like (brining your essence to 3).

Mei-Ying may learn sorcery spells if she chooses.

For the time being, I'm waiving training times (again because it's taken this long to allow improvement).

Have at it. When everyone is ready we'll move on.

Rysha, I'm trying to solve your character sheet problem...

Found the problem... it's something in Rysha's background text that it doesn't like. I can post everything but her history for some reason.

I can't even PM you the background because it says 'not acceptable'. Do you have it written down and saved somewhere? I backed it up on my Hard Drive in case you didn't, I can always IM it to you.

Rysha here - Bless you, dave. No, it's been a crazy week, and I haven't been around. Thanks for figuring out the character sheet, though. As to the game, kinda waiting for someone else to talk (having run Rysha out considerably ahead of group consensus, apparently...)

Rysha,

At the bottom of the post box you'll notice a drop down 'using UBBCode'. All the dots on the sheet are HTML. If you drop that down and select 'unsing HTML and UBBCode' it'll post normally.

As for the issue with your background, I really don't know what is causing that, but I'm trying to find out.

Hopefully I'll have an answer for you soon.

In the meantime, your profile is now appearing as it should.

~D

Originally Posted By: Rysha
Dave - I don't have the option to use HTML in my posts. (i.e., I click that little box and the only option available is "using UBBCode") Suggestions?

Yes, panic.

Or, what version of internet explorer or Firefox are you using? I'm not sure what would cause that error unless the Internet has something against you.

I'll be ending the chapter soon, after Mei and Rysha have spoken their piece we'll move on to the interlude.

During this time feel free to spend XP and if you like there will be time for the Exalts spend some time RPing. For the most part it will be a rest period that'll allow you to focus on your character's personality development and less on their sword arm.

After the interlude (which is my way of sorting out WTF I'll be doing next) we'll get back into the action.

Excellent work from everyone thus far. I re-read the first two chapters last night and have to say as a whole you guys/gals write very well together. I do certainly hope those who are not participating but choosing to follow the story are enjoying reading it as much as I am.

Pat yourselves on the back. It's really great stuff. smile

I think the final decision ought to be up to Akryruh as his character would have the most impact from whatever happens. That said I would have liked the idea of killing off the character had it been done as we fought the keeper. Having it come up as an afterthought kinda sucks takes all the punch out of it. We've already RPed considerably past it with nary a mention of the fall of a companion so whatever does happen ought to happen moving forward to add weight to the story in a realistic fashion.

my $0.02

Archived