Exalted: Shards of Hope - General Discussion

Dave ST

Rysha and Callum may want to wait for the rest of the circle, seriously, they'll need it. If the players are not avail (like Ledaal Sovanya has kinda disappeared) I'll control those characters as NPCs for the players so at least they are not left behind.

Or they do not have to go of course, I leave it up to the players. Let me know what you would prefer.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still haven't heard anything from Stellar, I'll give her until tomorrow. I know she may have thought the game fell through after I was gone for so long after my accident, but I haven't seen her on AIM or anything lately.

For now I'll let you guys/gals RP a bit and devise a plan before moving on, there's been a bit of a shortage of that recently and I'm sorry for holding it up with slow posts and seperating the group. I'm still trying to get a hold of this PBP thing.

Hey all. I'll be away for a bit, I have a business trip to Atlanta from the 22nd to the 2nd. That's about two weeks. I don't have a lap top or else I'd make sure to bring it because I'm going to be all kinds of bored.

Anyway, sorry bout the delay, I'll be back soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I added a lil Sovanya flavor. I have no idea if I was close to accurate, but until this scene is over with she's part of the group and under ST control unless Stellar shows up to take the reigns.

I'll give it a little bit for you to post players reactions before kicking it into high gear. That should give everyone enough time to read it and post lil something, something...

An remember peeps, I'm learning as I go here about this whole PBP STing thing, so feedback is always welcome.

I've sent Lily some information that she can then use to help you guys (and my self) with setting the scene. Once she's had her fun I'll move the scene forward. Lily may very well be able to help you guys come up with a solid game plan, I'll be paying close attention.

For the record Axe's actions are noted. smile

I did not post a description of any enemies since the circle has not technically seen what their up against yet. They can make out vague silhouettes of worm like critters that are coming up from the ground and are about as tall as each of them. Aside from that, the cloud of ash and dust is still obscuring most features.

I just didn't want ya to think that I forgot to include that.

It just dawned on me... maybe I should shrink the pictures of Father Oak and Harrowing of Innocent's Lament. I just looked at those on a 17 inch monitor set for 1024 x 768 and they're frickin' huge.

Damn guys, sorry about that, I didn't realize they were so big.

• 2 weeks later...

Added a post.

As a note, I really appreciate how patient you all are being with me. I know this game has been trudging along at a snails pace and I'm really sorry. My time is very limited, (12 hour work days) and my free time is usually spent before I even know where it went.

I'm sure you've all been there. smile

Again though, thanks for being patient. I certainly appreciate it and do hope you've been enjoying yourselves.

Now that everyone has the opportunity to see their opposition and take a breather a few things can fall into place.

Here are a few facts that Callum, and most likely Mei would know given her high intellect and background for all sorts of lore.

1. Selkys do have eyes, eight of them. Their head has the look of a spiders save that their jaw is vertical rather than horizontal and is protected by two huge fangs that beast uses to dig into it's meal and drag it to its mouth. They are usually segmented (like a caterpillar) and average around several feet in length. They have been known to take down a horse when hungry, but never a human. Although omnivorous they've never really been reported as being predators, just really big vermin.

2. Although selkys can dig, they only burrow to make homes in the roots of old trees, or fallen logs. They cannot travel under ground.

3. When a burrowing creature dies it usually falls flat, it does 'retract' back into the soil.

4. (Rysha and Axe only, a note on tactical advantage) The assault was a perfect circle around the PCs that prevented an escape without provoking an attack by at least three of the worms. Seems awfully well planned for something with the intelligence of an animal...

So far everything Callum and Mei might have known about Selkys Worms has so far been all wrong... or these aren't what they look like.

Just ask and I'll answer more...

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
So far everything Callum and Mei might have known about Selkys Worms has so far been all wrong... or these aren't what they look like.

So I take it then that Callum has never encountered Selkey first hand before?

Callum will be attempting to retrieve his spent arrows if possible, are any of them remaining/accessable?

Originally Posted By: Callum Uallas
So I take it then that Callum has never encountered Selkey first hand before?

Actually I'm sure he has, they are pretty common in the east.

The opponents looked exactly like how a selkys should have looked, they just seemed to lack a segmented body... I didn't go into to much detail about it in combat because it happens rather quickly and we usually don't have time to do a National Geographic special while you're fighting for your life. smile

With the conflict over he has a moment to compile his thoughts add up the inconsistencies.

Quote:
Callum will be attempting to retrieve his spent arrows if possible, are any of them remaining/accessible?

This time around, what wasn't drug beneath the soil was splintered on impact.

None are retrievable.

Archived