Exalted: Shards of Hope - General Discussion

Dave ST

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

I'll get something going ASAP, since only two are going to be involved shall we do a split thread so that those back in Hekran's Ferry may get some RP time in with hot lil' Elsbeth?

Oh, is Rysha being sneaky about going along or is Callum aware she will be with him?

Yer call.

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
since only two are going to be involved shall we do a split thread so that those back in Hekran's Ferry may get some RP time in with hot lil' Elsbeth?

I'm still waiting on players' opinion of this.

Also, should I wait for Rysha to add something before I continue with 2:1?

since only two are going to be involved shall we do a split thread so that those back in Hekran's Ferry may get some RP time in with hot lil' Elsbeth?

I'm still waiting on players' opinion of this.

Also, should I wait for Rysha to add something before I continue with 2:1?

Sounds fine to me. Mei-Ying won't intervene unless Hu reports trouble. It's worth pointing out too that if the wood spirits give Hu any problems, he'll get outta there pronto if he can.

How will I be handling stunt dice?

I'll read the post and assign stunt dice based on how well the post is. I'll also make the roll for the +1/+3 dice you gain and add those appropriately to your success.

IF! You gain stunt dice and would prefer to regain WP (+3 stunts only) instead or Essence (varies depending on stunt, generally 2-6 motes) please state this in the post I'll be assigning the dice to. Keep in mind also that even if you and everyone else believe the post was worth XX dice and I assign less it’s nothing personal. Stunts are epic and laying wastes to non challenging foes in really cool ways is bullying them so I tend to not award as many dice (or the standard just goes up since they’re weak). You’ll see.

In extremely rare conditions it’s possible to receive awards for certain stunts. Like +1xp, automatic combo activation (free of charge, your welcome), full Essence Pool recovery (good luck getting this one), the list goes on it usually depends on the situation and there is never a guarantee it'll happen. “Favor of the Gods” is one of my favorites. I hope to see someone reach that sometime.

Keep in mind, enemies get all the same perks, you may face an enemy that receives ‘Favor of the Gods’ and it could very well turn the tides of battle in their favor quickly. Certain NPCs will acquire XP just like players, so +1xp could mean the difference in possible victory for the PCs to “WTF did we get our selves into?”

Feel free to disscuss or inquire.

Re: Hunter's wood

Since I have no idea if Rusha killed that thing or not, I stopped with the assumption of waiting to see what's going down.

Re: The Dead Walk

Rysha, Mei, I was thinking that the horde might be lead by an Abyssal, thoughts? I figure it would make for an interesting first encounter with them and maybe Dave could use it later if he wanted. Dave, any objection to that?

That's the thing, aside from the one you just killed I (the player) don't see any mention of any others, how many or where they are. As the PC I can't act on something I am unaware of. I can't join battle if there is no percieved threat. Consider me standing but with no weapon in hand (still at his belt/ on his back). Apologies if I missed something but Dave only mentioned the one which you already dispatched.

Anyway if there are meant to be more threats in obvious sight here's my roll:

Join Battle: 2 successes (did somebody slip Callum a Micky?)

Action: Nothing/delay

You're accurate Callum. Only that one was attempting an action, the remainder of the Wood Spiders were keeping to the shadows and just passively following you. That's why none of the others were mentioned.

However, now that Rysha has slain one, best bet they will respond in the best way they know how.

Are you a familiar with the 'tick' system for second edition Callum? If so I'll continue on, if not I'll slow it up a bit to allow for explanations.

Callum's action would be: Guard (3/None) There really isn't a 'delay' option. At any tick during your guard you may break it and take normal actions. Rysha went on tick 2, the Spiders go on 3 and Callum's action starts on tick 6... we'll go from there.

Don't worry too much for right now guys, this is a blow off fight just to allow us to get an idea of how we want combat to flow, for all intents and purposes you really can't lose this one.

Lily: Your owl is flying home on Tick 4.

Throwing in an Abyssal might be a bit much this early. Even the basic charm package for the starting Abyssal would obliterate at least two of you before you overcame him/her. But since you already added him/her... do I get to play the Death Knight? grin

Who says the Abyssal's out to kill us, anyway? wink Probing attack, perhaps? Recon for an eventual attempt to corrupt one of use into the Deathlord's service? Ah, the possibilites.... wink

More seriously, Dave, jump right in.

Re: 1:2

A question of timing on defensive stunts (or defensive charms, for that matter). Would you prefer them directly after the attack in question, or incorporated into the character's next action post?

Well while I did toss in a descriptor fit for an abyssal ... what you see may not be what you get, or as Rysha pointed out it may not be interested in a fight but in recon only, afterall it has no idea how powerful we are right?

Heck it could just be some sort of fancy zombie somewhere between normal rotting corpse A and an abyssal. *shrug* I'm just tryin to tell a good story laugh

Jump on in Dave the necrotic water is fine ...

As for combat, I am not familiar with the tick system, to be honest I'm not exactly a master of the original combat rules so you'll have to bear with me. I'll do the best I can ...

Oh I'm not complaining ... just worried that you worked up a full profile for him. And that I had to give him superheavy plate and a massive soulsteel daiklave *dopeslaps self*

No I got nothing against a good reccuring villan, just check out my Aberrant game, the PCs have murder in their hearts just thinking about "Squiddy" and that's only after a few short chapters ...

Edit: Is that Sephiroth?

Guest Dave Werkin'

I think so, but honestly I dunno know for sure. Certainly looks like him with the eyes so I'm willing to put my money on yes. I asked a few friends to keep an eye out for a good DK picture for my game and that's what one of them sent me.

I love the pic, since it was exactly what the DK was supposed to look like to begin with (right down to the eyes). It kills me now though that most times you can't say someone has white/silver hair and green eyes without them clling him Seph. The original concept was more geared to Alucard (white hair, noble bearing, etc...) but I like the devilish expression on the face in the pic. Hehe.

So, how is the roster looking now? I know Rysha and Callum have been avail, has anyone heard from Stellar or Lily recently?

I know Ark said his posting options were limited right now so I've trying to let focus on those who are avail while those who aren't have time to 'do their thing' and not end up too far behind.

All five players avail for the selkys fight would be nice... that way everyone gets a little action.

Lily has been active in my game and probably would post in Dead Walk if there was need, Mei is kinda locked into the summoning though.

I feel kinda bad, I didn;t expect that Callum's scouting would result in no posting for the rest of the character's (save Rysha), I'm sure that makes it easier for people to lose interest when there's nothing for them to do. Hopefully we can rally the game though

I'm still here, and still interested.

It's my own fault...I kinda accidentally wrote myself out of Dead Walk. smile

I suppose Mei could always interrupt the ritual herself if it came to that. It's not like she's in LalaLand, unaware of what's going on.

As for the forest...eh. I suppose Mei is aware of what's going on via Hu...if it's in range. She could arrive in a hurry if she was needed...

I hated having to split the group up, but I'm not the type of ST to railroad players into a linear plot. The original Hunter's Wood encounter was geared to five rather capable Solars. Had Callum and Rysha faced it alone they would have been killed.

I ended up adjusting the encounter, which was supposed to be our first crack at how we get a feel for the combat system and style that we think will work best for us considering the medium we have to work with.

At this point, after the discussion (or during) Mei Ying can scoop everyone up with Stormwind Rider and head for Hunter's Wood. With Hu's arrival it would be safe to assume that she'd have ample reason to be afraid for her circle mate's life at this point. This way everyone can be present for the battle against the selkys. Chapter 1 is more or less a prelude and an opportunity for characters to establish their personalities. Although things may get gritty and lethal no character can actually die in the 1st chapter. Don't take that as an invitation to go ape shit, I have no qualms about making the PC wish they were dead (you can still live with no arms and no legs... grin)

Since Lou Anne's posting opportunities vary day by day then I think it's fair that we give her (and other players) an opportunity to keep up. Lily, Rysha and Callum seem pretty consistent in their posting, almost to the point where the Ledaals couldn't get a word in edgewise at times. Let's discuss how we can solve this.

I tend to post between once and twice a day (per active thread) on the weekdays (morning, before I go to work, and night, after) unless I catch someone in mid-scene while we're both online and we get a dialogue going. If that's too rapid for people, I can slow down? On the other hand, if we go multiple days without a post, it becomes hard for me to keep in scene/character, so regularity would be a big help for me (even if it's every other day, or once a day, or what have you).

Originally Posted By: Revenant
I'm going to give Callum some time to input his two cents into the fray with Peleps Ahroun, and we'll work on getting Mei and the others to the wood ASAP.

Sorry! I wasn't in work yesterday, still have no internet at home (it's not as bad as you would think). I'll try and catch back up this morning

Archived