Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Group 1 encounters

Justin OOC

"Kai, nooooo!" Amaya screamed, but it was too late. The ground rolled and bucked beneath her, but her strong muscles kept her upright. The world went silent for her, even as the glass burst, for all she could hear was her own voice, whispering, "I failed."

Kongou's body slamming into her snapped her back into the real world. He knocked her away from the stream of falling glass; Dr’yrllx popped loose of her arms and rolled away behind a stack of books, huddling in their protective shadows. Normally, lying on the ground with Kongou's arms around her would have meant delaying their separation as long as possible, but tonight was not the night for such things. Together, they climbed to their feet, staring at the vortex. "We have to get Kai out," Amaya shouted over the scream of the vortex. "He opened it, he can close it... I think."

Her blue eyes looked to him. "Do you have any weapons?" When he shook his head, she drew a sword from behind her back and handed it to him. It was a ninjaken, deadly, sinister and familiar to anyone who knew the Kage. Its sister blade was in her hand as well. "Ready?" she asked. "Let's rush in, grab Kai, and retreat so you can call... you still have a big friend, right?"

The Library itself was fairly calm. It was the only place that was. Kai lay at the center of the gate, unconscious but alive. That wasn't the issue. What mattered more was the pack of six large dog-like and dog-sized demons currently circling him. Their coats were coal-black yet in some spaces you could see the coal fur was ignited and smouldering. Their eyes were a blazing firery red, and shimmers of heat wreathed their mouths. If that were not enough, standing further back was a large, tiger-sized creature that could best be termed as a cerebrus. It's eyes burned blood-red and flames wreathed it's lower legs. It too gives off heat from its mouths, but it seems uninterested in Kai, only one head looking at him, instead it's attention is focused on something further back.

Behind, a pair of Yellow eyes were glowing in the darkness. "I was wondering when his little friends would arrive."

Kongou looks down at his hand which contains the sword. He then looks up at the hellhounds, and then he looks back at the sword. Kongou glances over at Amaya, "I hope you have a plan..." He looks over the tableau in front of him, and hears Amaya say, "We have to distract them!" He shrugs and says, "And now that they've heard you, how do you propose we do it?" He looks right at the eyes, and smiles evilly, "And any plan for dealing with the secretive lady in the darkness?"

[ooc: Initiative: 23, holding my action]

"She is the plan," Amaya muttered, "which is why we're distracting them." True to her word, she bounced forward a couple of steps before dancing back, drawing the evil eyes toward her movements. "We need to give her time to do her th-"

A form burst out of the shadowed darkness, pure Kage in movement and dress. There was an impression of black clothes, a red scarf and blonde hair before the ninja flipped into the middle of the demons. The Kage stopped moving for a blink, and the curves announced that it was a she, even as she made no movement to defend herself. In the face of all that awfulness, she reached down, grabbed the unconscious boy, and threw him out of the living, infernal ring.

It was madness, but it worked; limbs flailing, Kai's body tumbled toward Kongou. And still the woman made no attempt to leave.

"Now," Amaya shouted over the angered howling, "you catch Kai, and we run!"

[OOC: Initiative - 19; action: moving with Kongou and protecting his flank]

Karma had moved in so fast. She'd thrown Kai back to the others and while they looked and caught Kai's limp form there was a loud *Shunk* sound as a glowing green blade emerged from Karma's chest. Blood spattered everywhere and her pupils shrank and blood pooled in the corners of her mouth and dripped down from from the corners. "Run dammit." The blonde haired ninja's head slumped over. The blade was withdrawn slowly, the body allowed to fall to the ground heavily, as the yellow eyes moved forward into the light. When the figure fully stepped into view it was not what they'd expected. It was a woman with long blonde hair, glowing yellow eyes like a cat, and easily one of the most beautiful women they'd ever seen. Red markings clawed up from the neckline of her jet black coat and cape, to curl slightly around each eye. only her neck face and hands were visible, the rest was covered in a black outfit that she seemed poured into. Her hands bore the same markings, though each of them looked to resemble a clawed "M".

In her Right hand she held a wicked Zwiehander, the same one that had just slain Karma. It glowed green with hellish energy, and blood trickled down itblade, over the guard and onto her hand. She brough the hand and sword to her lips and licked the blood clean, savoring the taste. "So young, so sweet, I can hardly wait to see what the rest of you taste like."

The Cerberus padded up besde her and she stroked it's center head with her left hand. "Retrieve my special friend, he is to be unharmed, these others, I want them alive, but they don't have to be intact. The Gate in the North will require more sacrfices to open, these two will be a fitting first offering, along with any others you find."

The Cerberus's three heads seemed zero in on Kongou and Amaya. It howled once with all three heads, and instead of six hounds there were now a dozen, all of them moving towards the door where Amaya and Kongou held Kai.

Kongou drops his sword and catches Kai. He then slings him over one shoulder. He grabs his briefcase with his free hand, and begins to run at top speed out of the library and down the halls, heading for an exit that would allow him access to the school grounds. In between breaths Kongou shouts over his shoulder, "Amaya, come on. We've got to get outside. I can call for help once we're there."

[OOC Body check to run with Kai over his shoulder: 16.]

Amaya snatched up the dropped sword and dashed after Kongou. She had other swords, but it was foolish to waste one, particularly when she might need it later. That pain that had ripped through her at Karma's death was slowly subsiding, and Amaya focused on making that sacrifice worth the effort.

She flanked Kongou, protecting his flank from the savage hellhounds. She would have given her life to keep the monsters away from her men, and in the violent, terrifying rush, she didn't question those wild thoughts. Despite her mental vow, she was just as happy to live, to rush out into the night.

"We need-" Her voice and thoughts cut off as she saw... something else.

It rose sixty feet from the ground, a mountain of flesh and bone and metal. huge Spines seemed to rest against its broad red back. A sound akin to a thousand shrieking demons echoed across the school as it opened its massive mouth, revealing long black needle-shaped teeth the size of a weaver's loom. Green Eyes blazed as they seemed to scan the grounds looking for prey. Its left hand ended in a massively oversized forearm made entirely of some form of metal. The Edge was jagged and showed the black stains of dried blood. Behind the shield a trio of claws each over six feet in length flexed. The massive arm raised up into the air and then came down in an axe like motion, cleaving an enormous scar in the earth. Its right hand was every bit as abnormal. Instead of a hand or claw, It was a gunbarrel over eight feet in diameter. It pulsed a sickly green and seemed to be sucking in air and light particles.

Suddenly the night sky errupted with emerald light and the air itself seemed to burn. The shot impacted the barrier and the ground shook, yet the barrier held. It roared again, louder, loud enough for all those around to hear it without any trouble. This time however The roar was answered by another one. It would soon be joined by another, and together they would smash down the barrier and lay qaste to everything in their path.

((OOC here's your chance to vividly describe your mech, enjoy!)))

Suddenly, Kongou and Amaya break out of the fire doors leading out of the school, and they spot the large creatures just outside the school grounds. Kongou turns to Amaya and puts Kai's unconcious form on the ground. "Can you handle the doggies? I got something bigger to handle, right now." He reaches into his briefcase, and pulls out a coral amulet with a large rune on the front, on a silver chain. Kongou puts the amulet on over his head and yells out, "Null-Viper, It's time to STRIKE." As he completes the word strike, the amulet glows, and with a large, blinding flash of red light, A huge form appears behind Kongou. The form's head is split in half, revealing a cockpit. Kongou floats up to the seat and the head seals itself. When the glowing finally stops, What is visible is a 65 ft tall giant robot. The robot is mainly colored aqua with white and black accents. Starting from the bottom, visible are two large feet, on thick, powerful legs. Looking further up, anyone can see small vents on it's hips. The mecha appears to have a torso in proportion to the legs. The shoulders however are very big, and have two large covers on them. Gracing the covers is a rune of mysterious origin. The arms, below the shoulders are very reminiscent of the legs. The right forearm contains a very large item that looks like a chamber from a revolver. Attached to that is a large spike that pokes out a few feet past the hand on that arm. The left, behind the back of the hand has three barrels, about 1.5 feet across each, in a triangle. On the back of the torso, and at the back of the shoulders are thrusters that look to put out tremendous amounts of thrust. The eyes of the mecha flash and over the din, guitar-heavy rock music can be heard.

[OOC- The music coming from the mecha is "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZEbmk0Sc8 ]

The gigantic demon's cannon arm swings into line with the aqua-blue machine and the same charging whine and rush of air can be heard. IT's spines raise up and rattle as the cycle completes, and more roars can be heard. Soon it won't be alone.

((OOC Initiative , then actions, then defence rolls))

For a moment, she was spell-bound by the image of the rising robot, and his pilot floating up to join him. She tried to ignore the somewhat sexual imagery of a man putting himself into a robot, because now was not the time to get distracted. This was also not the time to make jokes about a man's self-esteem and perceptions of his size based on the size of his robot.

"Sure.... I can handle the dogs," Amaya muttered, sheathing one sword behind her back. "I know just what to do with the doggies." Amaya bent down and picked up Kai, tossing him easily over her shoulder. Turning, she stared hard at the approaching hellhounds.

And turned and ran for all she was worth. Now that's how you handle dogs.

Valerie had a great ventage point from where she was standing right there and then, she could see three things perfectly from this ventage point.

Number one, The spiders where the LEAST of their worries if those titanic creatures with plasma cannons for arms got any closer.

Number two, Kongou-sensei, the sweetes Home Ec teacher she has ever met, had just got inside a 20 meter tall robot that looked like it could take down a whole army by itself.

Number three, Amaya-Senpai and Kai-Senpai were right outside the Library and what sounded like a Pack of dogs the size of a pony were coming towards her, Amaya-Senpai showed her great strenght as she managed to run from the dogs while carrying Kai over her shoulder, but the Dogs would soon gain on her if Valerie didn't help.

"Wait up Senpai!" Valerie dashed through the air like a diving eagle and every so many meters pushing herself on the air like an invisible plataform was there just for her to step on. Valerie landed with a loud bang as the concrete road cracked a bit under the power of her back kick to stop her speed. Looking up she had landed just where she wanted, right between Amaya's running form and the Hellhounds. "Stop being such a bother!" Valerie leveled her Baton at them, and shot three individual shots into the frontmost Hellhound coming her way, trying as hard as she could to deter the rest from attacking.

[initiative 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1220580 ]

[Defense Roll 12 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1220584 Snake Eyes ;_;]

[Attack Rolls 1, 2, 3 = 16, 18, 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1220587 ]

[OOC Initiative: 31, Action: Run up to 50 meters away from the Gun-wielding demon, and fire off a Heavy Claymore attack. Attack roll: 17; Defense Roll; 17]

The Null-Viper surges forward, it's powerful legs propelling it to near the speed of sound. Kongou pulls back hard on the controls, and the robot stops about 50 meters away from the barrel of the demon' gun. The large covers on it's shoulders open and reveal a grid of black squares. The grid explodes outwards, followed by a spray of small rockets that spread out and then zero in on the targeted enemy. Where the rockets hit, they explode, ripping into the demon, and surrounding buildings. Through the smoke, it can be seen that the launchers are reloading, preparing for round two.

[Damage: 18x7=126 damage, if it hits, If i calculated right.]

[OOC: The music changes at this point to "It's going down" by X-ecutioners W/ Linkin Park. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEZXIf_IoEE&mode=related&search= ]

Valerie's three shots vaporize the first three hellhounds out of the pack that exit the building. However, her landing wasn't perfect and the recoil from her attacks knocked her flat on her butt directly in the hounds' path.

A cloud of missiles wreathes the demon in explosions. It weathers the attack fairly well with its shield and heavy armor, though its armor is gouged and pockmarked in dozens of places and black blood oozes from several of them. It hardly looks "pristine" it's still in the fight. If anything it's far angrier now than before. It roars again, this time answered by three other roars as three more demons similar to it materialize. it answers the missile attack with a brilliant flash of green light as the massive energy cannon on the demon's right arm carves deep into the aqua-blue robot's torso. It fails to damage anything critical, but everyone can see how the area glows after the attack. Kongou can feel the heat and the computer begins chirping a warning about radiation warnings.

((OOC the attack by the cannon does 80 damage before any defensive attributes are applied. It also deals radiation damge that's cumulative per hit. Koungou suffers 5 hp of damage from the attack due to radiation. At this time I am going to create a separate thread for the giant mecha/giant demons to resolve their combat in. please reply in it.))

"Valerie!" Amaya shouted, calling to the other girl. The fleeing teenager didn't slow down much, though, shouting over her shoulder to the other girl. "Come on! We'll rally together over here!"

There was a narrow hallway leading to some supply rooms; Amaya put Kai down on the floor in the hallway, then turned and blocked the passage with her body. Scowling, she raised her sword and prepared for the hounds to focus on her.

Amaya can hear it's heavy breathing, she can hear the pack of hounds still outside. Then it comes from the wall not two meters from her. A silver-white wolf with shimmering solid blue eyes. The eyes seem to gaze into her soul, looking for any sign of fear, drinking it in. "Stand aside. I only need the boy. I'll let you go, if you just walk away." It's voice was a suprise, a rich and full baritone. It conveyed immense honor and wisdom.

"There's no need for any of you to die today. Give me the boy and She'll let all of you go. This small gateway will fully open soon, and I won't guarantee that you'll live through that if you stay. The boy is the only one who can stop it now, and the Lady knows it. Now child, be reasonable."

Amaya felt the world drain away. She'd heard of this, of that cold, dark moment when a Kage knew that today, they might die. She'd given her word to defend Kai to the death. Against a Phasewolf, that was what she was facing.

The sword was bare in her hand; she simply struck, shoving her blade into the center of the creature's face.

It was a good day to die.

[Attack roll: 2d6+9-> [4,6,9] = (19)

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1238756 ]

The sword rammed forward and the phasewolf tilted its head just slightly to the right. The blade missed by milimeters. "Your form is almost flawless. You're just too slow though. The Kage are a noble people, so I will make this as painless as I can."

He was a blur of motion as he dove under her arms in a full charge as though to ram her. He planted his snout into her stomach in attempt to knock the wind out of her. He then raised his head up and connected with her jaw. The impact rocked her head back and into the wall. "I do not wish to kill you warrior. Please just walk away while you can."

"I know you have allies coming, and I'll spare them as well, just give me The Key. Ra'zr has released his limiter. He will slaughter those fighting him now. I can stop him before that happens but you must give me the boy."

((OOC the attacks both do fifteen damage))

Ryo runs into the hallway and sees Amaya get knocked about by the Phasewolf. Without hesitation Ryo extends his psychic blades from his hands, lunges into the air jumping over Amaya, and attempts to plant one of his blades into the creatures back.

((OOC: 13 Attack Check http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1238787

Defense Roll: 14 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1238807))

"Lily! Coach! Amaya-Senpai!" Valerie was stuck between two battles. On one side, Coach Georgi and Lily were facing a wolf like creature that seemed to effortleslly dodge their attacks. On the other, Amaya-Senpai was figthing another one like that alone while protecting Kai-Senpai.

"Uwuuuu...." Valerie didn't knew what to do, looking from one side to the other anxiously, both battles developing, but when both Lily, Coach Georgi and Amaya-Senpai were struck during the battle she snapped.

"STOP!" Valerie extended Stock der Zaburei, aligning it with the wolf-like creature. "STOP IT NOW!" Valerie blasted the creature that was threathening Amaya senpai so, almost immediatly she turned 180ª degrees and blasted the Wolf that was threathening Coach Georgi and Lily. Please take the bait, please take the bait and come for me instead of them!

[OOC:

First Offensive Action: 15 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1239090

Second Offensive Action: 18 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1239097

Defensive Action: 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1239098

Post is not a double post, I just figure is just as important in here as it's on there, this way the flow of the threads can have a meaning]

Ryo's attack nearly caught the silver wolf. He missed by a fraction of an inch and the wolf vanished and reappeared further into the hallway. "That would have hurt if you'd connected boy. You could be one to watch for."

A fraction of a second later the blast from Valerie shot through the hallway, passing harmlessly overhead.

"You children are not making this easy. My mistress requires the boy. Give him to me and I can guarantee safe passage from this place. It is not my desire to slay children."

Valerie saw how the wolves were decimating her classmates, Lily didn't look like she could hold on much longer, while Coach was like a purple statue right now. On the other hand, Amaya-Senpai and Kai-Senpai and Ryo-kun where in BIG trouble, Valerie shifted up her Defensive field, it had regenerated it's power up until now, but this things struck too hard for it to last long, this had to end fast.

"Lily! Amaya-Senpai!" Valerie channeled the ambient magical energy through the capacitors on the SdZ, the steady and almost imperceptible hum rising to a pitch as the first blast came out almost immediatly, the second blast following it doggedly, both going for the creature attacking and trying to kill Lily. Valerie then ran, securing the SdZ, she launched herself between her classmaters and the wolf creature, taking up the stance of before, and launching a powerful Axe-kick.

[OOC:

First Offensive Action: 19 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1256291

Second Offensive Action: 19 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1256293

Third Offensive Action: 18 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1256294

Defensive Actions: 21, 19 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1256296]

Valerie's Kick sliced through air as the phasewolf dodged by milimeters. "Fine children, I wished to allow you to leave, but if you're offering up your lives then I will just have to take them." As he finished speaking Everyone heard the death-howl of the other phasewolf. "Brother!" The silver wolf disappeared in a blinding flash of light.

Amaya took quick advantage of the phasewolf's absence. Bending, she snatched up Kai's limp body and hoisted him into place. "Come on," she said to the others there. "We have to keep him safe. Flank me; we need to find a truly defensible place to fight from."

I'm alive. I got another chance. I'm alive! Time to make sure she stayed alive.

At that moment everyone could feel an immense sense of urgency weighing down on them. Something had just gone very very wrong outside, and while they were safe at the moment, something filled them all with dread. The Black Gate was open, and soon it would be impossible to close. To do that they knew they needed to find a way to awaken the sleeping Key.

They were out of time, and Amaya gave up her headlong rush. "Damnit, it wasn't supposed to be like this!" she hissed, kneeling down and slidding Kai off her shoulders into her arms. Cradling her boyfriend, her ward, her duty, she shook one of his shoulders. "Kai... Kai! Wake up, now!"

Trepidation building, Amaya waited - prayed - for his eyes to open.

Valerie stands besides where Amaya-Senpai is trying to wake up Kai-Senpai.

"Uwuuu...." Valerie's cheeks are flushed, and her eyes brimmed with tears. "What...what are we going to do Amaya-Senpai? We need to get away from here..." Valerie falls to her knees besides her, clearly exhausted from the fights tonight. "How are we going to get out of here? There are too many of us and too many of them..."

Archived