Exalted: Shards of Hope - Exalted Game

Warren Verona

Okay...okay...

I'm re-warming to Twilight. I think the key is that I have to think smaller. I need to think of a -beginner-. Not an accomplished sorceror, but a little peon wannabe sorceror...who nevertheless has potential for greatness.

Actually, that's an excellent way to look at it. Your previous incarnation may have been a legendary sorcerer, and you might have a high essence rating, for example, to illustrate that- but memories of your previous lives are often fragmented, and perhaps the wisdom he/she possessed needs time to take root in your current self. smile Untapped potential is a wonderful thing.

Okay, I have a build I'm pretty happy with now...and this one is even better because it comes with some great background seeds and story hooks.

Primary development will be abilities, charms, spells, and...Essence. Basically, I'll need to get that monster up to 4 at some point, and that leads me to the question at hand. According to the book, spending experience on certain things requires time. In the case of raising Essence over 3...potentially a LOT of time.

Will this be a limiting factor in the game, and if so...how limiting? Will we get the downtime needed to train to spend exp? What about the -6 months- required to raise Essence from 3 to 4?

You've got me interested in taking the last spot, but alas I don't have a clue about this game. I've been checking the WW page and from what I've seen it's to be on point.

Getting the book right now isn't feasable for me right now so what help could I get if I was to be accepted into the game?

Players will at least need to have some knowledge of Exalted in order for this game to flow smoothly. Were this a TT I'd have no problem showing player how to 'play as you go'.

This environment makes it a bit difficult, converting from a 1e to a 2e character isn't very difficult because the basic knowledge of the core system is there.

So, players of Shards of Hope will need at least the 1st edition book.

Make a list, we'll go from there. Most of the charms are the same. This way you can pick your favorites and if they didn't change you still get the character you wanted.

If you go with Archery they added a charm that let's you dismiss your bow to elsewhere. I thought that was cool considering my first Exalt had to go through hell trying to hide his Orical Long Power Bow. Ugh...

Archived