Exalted: Shards of Hope - Exalted Game

Warren Verona

I'm not sure what everyone has as far as versions, I own both and thus could do either version.

As far as the differences, there aren't too many, but the charms seriously changed. Most of the '1 mote for 1 die' charms were changed into Excellencies and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Excellency are usually required in order learn any of the charm trees (you only need one of them, not all three.) So you would have to have 1st Archery Excellency (which is basically 'Wise Arrow'), and from there move on to the more fun charms.

With some ST assistance, I'm sure I could work with a player to explain the differences during play, I'd even be willing for pregen a character for them and provide explanations of what the charms the possess do.

Who am I?

Not sure what you mean.

Oh...I think I get it. I'm not another board-goer crouching behind a new name and avatar. This is my only moniker on these boards. smile

Well, sort of. I had a character named Genesis I signed up with forever ago, but let that sort of die out.

So now I'm just me. smile

Originally Posted By: Revenant
With some ST assistance, I'm sure I could work with a player to explain the differences during play, I'd even be willing for pregen a character for them and provide explanations of what the charms the possess do.

How about I create my character from the 1st ed book and save you about half the work? I can lay out his skills, stats, and personality and basically let you fill in his charms if that's cool with you.

Of course this all assumes that I don't do a spur of the moment purchase from drivethrurpg.com

Oh, and ... dibs on the stealthy, archer, scout character ....

Since you guys are considering character concepts, I thought it might be a good idea to let you know it'll be a full Circle, rather than just a loose group of Solars.

You could have more than one "stealthy" character, then, but only one Night Caste.

Quote:

How about I create my character from the 1st ed book and save you about half the work? I can lay out his skills, stats, and personality and basically let you fill in his charms if that's cool with you.

I think that's workable, but a few things have changed. The Brawl skill has been removed (it's all Martial Arts now), as has Endurance (most of these charms have gone into Resistance.) Instead, you have War (strategy, leading units, mass combat) and Integrity (resisting mental influences, combating the Wyld.) There are some 2E character sheets available for download all over the place, and CharGen is pretty much the same- if you want to get the groundwork laid, that'd be incredibly helpful, and we can work on the details from there. smile

Er, and I know that was directed to Rev, but I'm going to be playing the role of ST's Sidekick, so I might as well start helping now. wink

And once again the Eclipse gets left behind... people must hate that Caste.

I'll be PMing Chosen sometime tonight to get this set up. We'll have a lot of planning to do before the actual game gets underway, but I'm glad people are interested. At the moment though I have a dinner I must attend, so it'll have to wait.

One more slot open if anyone wants in.

Actually, from what I've seen, I like the Eclipse. But I've only played 1e once (2 sessions) years ago and when I read the Power Combat stuff in the Player's Guide, my brain turned to mush... That might be why I never got past the combat section when I was reading 2e.

So, if you really need an Eclipse, I'd like to play, but I have no idea how useful I'd be since I'm really not that familiar with 2e certainly & an only 'book learned' on 1e.

If you think it'll work, let me know, otherwise, I'll just watch & learn.

Alright, Chosen and I got together and we should have our Exalted spot sometime soon. Pardon me if it seems a bit slow getting started, I've never GMed a PBP game and a few of you havn't done Exalted 2e so we'll all be teaching each other.

Glad to have you all aboard, let's have some fun!

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
Revenant I'm gonna have to bow out of this. Isimply have too much else going on. My apologies.

So sweat, it's cool. I know how it goes, that's why I recruited an assistant ST. smile

To everyone else: I'll reply to as much as I can tonight when I get home.

Lou Anne asked for the Eclipse Caste before Stellar did, however to be fair if Stellar doesn't mind playing a Zenith (or Lou Anne wishes to trade Castes) then that will give us a complete circle. If Stellar chooses to back out then by all means Kongou you are more than welcome to join us.

However the players need to disscuss this amonsts themselves... c'mon people work with each other. I'm not about to sit around and tell everyone who is playing what.

Once we decide on who is playing what we can start making characters.

Here's a basic idea of the raw mechanics. I'm still considering the background... I haven't really played a sorceror in Exalted yet, so this should be interesting. smile

STR **

DEX ***

STA **

CHA ***

MAN ***

APP ***

PER ***

INT *****

WIT ***

Melee ***

Awareness ***

Dodge ***

Integrity *

Presence *

Resistance ***

Linguistics **

Investigation ***

Lore ***

Medicine ***

Occult **** (1 freebie)

Willpower *****

Compassion *** Temperance **

Valor ** Conviction **

Essence ****

Familiar ***

Resources **

Artifact **

Spirit Detecting Glance

Spirit Cutting Attack

Terrestrial and Celestial Sorcery

2nd Melee Excellency

Dipping Swallow Defense

Bulwark Stance

Shadow Over Water

Durability of Oak Meditation

Iron Skin Concentration

----

The familiar is intended to be a small, intelligent critter he can use as a spy and messenger...not a combat buddy. His tactics are basically to desperately use charms to avoid damage, then cast spells that make our enemies cry. Melee weapon of choice is a staff...naturally. smile

The real character stuff I'm still developing. More as it happens. For now, any thoughts on the raw mechanics? This is a very rough draft...I'm sure I'll change a lot before I'm through.

Your Sorcerer seems to be missing one crucial thing to be officially called a 'Sorcerer'...

Sorcery.

You have the charms to use spells... but no spells. Perhaps swap out one of your Resistance charms for a spell? Bear in mind, that Sorcery takes WP... make sure you have enough to stand up to the strain.

These are just suggestions. In the end it's enirely up to you.

How does that work? I took Terrestrial and Celestial Circles.

How do you get spells? Is it really 1 charm per spell? PLUS the charms for the Circles?

Good point about the Willpower, but you have to have 4 Essence to master Celestial Circle. That didn't leave me enough points for another Willpower dot. :-(

Originally Posted By: Lily
How does that work? I took Terrestrial and Celestial Circles.

How do you get spells? Is it really 1 charm per spell? PLUS the charms for the Circles?

Buying Terrestrial and Celestial Circle Sorcery means you're capable of using those types of sorcery. You still have to buy the spells just like charms. In all honesty, it's going to be difficult (initially) to play a character who knows both circles, has spells in both circles, and can kick butt in physical combat. Most of that bad-assery comes with experience. Without knowing what your Favored Abilities are, it's also hard to know what to recommend.

Archived