Motley

"'The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes, and ships, and sealing-wax... Of cabbages, and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings.'"

"Except, you know, that we're a few oysters short,"

"You're right, though. We should get on with the story, or we'll never find out the ending."

"I'm sorry the pages are all out of order, but it's the best I can do on short notice."

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
"'The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes, and ships, and sealing-wax... Of cabbages, and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings.'"

A quote from Lewis Carroll. King Felix listed a few apparently unrelated topics for discussion drawn from Motley's previous statements. The quote mirrors that, and also implies that, as in Wonderland, not all is as it seems. Even the most innocent scenarios can turn threatening. (See the following.)

Quote:
"Except, you know, that we're a few oysters short,"

Again, a reference to Carroll. In "The Walrus and the Carpenter," the Walrus deceives the kindly Carpenter into leaving while the Walrus devours the innocent little oysters. A comparison is drawn (in this and the previous statements) between Felix and the Walrus, and also perhaps between Caramel and the Carpenter, who abandoned his charges. Motley wonders who, then, will be playing the part of the oysters.

Quote:
"You're right, though. We should get on with the story, or we'll never find out the ending."

There's no point beating about the bush. Let's continue on, and see what happens.

Quote:
"I'm sorry the pages are all out of order, but it's the best I can do on short notice."

An apology of sorts for her disjointed speech, still continuing in the theme of a "story". She's had to make them more than once in the in-character chats.

That help? wink

Here's the next round!

Quote:
"I hope they have a table for us." A hint of apprehension colored her voice, and (in unsteady spirals of olive green) the air along with it. "I didn't think to get a reservation, so I'm pretty sure they won't be expecting me. There's a wonderful view, though!"

The restaurant allusions should be pretty simple, but just in case!

Translation:

"Wow, there are a lot of people. I hope there's food left, and a place to sit! I wasn't exactly invited, but it's really pretty here!"

Archived