Aberrant: 2011 - Using what you got.

Catalyst

How do you understand your powers? I myself change things, mostly myself.

I see into things, and understand that when all is said, everything is made of the same things. Really. I see it that way, and that is how it really feels for me. I may go into more details later but that is the just of it.

I honestly don't understand my powers very well at all. confused I think that owes mostly to the rather straightforward nature of my powers: I fly, I can move really fast, and people seem to like me. Well, more than they did already. blush

I understand my powers from the perspective of quantology, but that's a field that still leaves many questions unanswered. I'd hardly say I've mastered them; even now, I find myself doing things I can't quite pin a nose on. Makes me wonder if I have other powers that I don't even know about.

I can confuse people into helplessness. I also know that others like me and want to do nice things for me. Even people who want to hurt me, can't find it in their heart to do so. Getting others to do things for me is also a bonus.

For some reason, I can also see if someone is going to harm me, and how they plan to do it. It works out well when you have adoring fans as well as obsessed stalkers. (yes, I love you all-kiss..kiss)

The doctors tell me that I will probably manifest other powers. I can't wait to use them.

'I am become death!'...Well, sort of. It seems that I can take whatever substance I wish, as long as it is not alive. How is it that I can be alive, but when I change my composition, I am not technically 'alive'?

Sometimes, I feel like Shroedinger's cat.

A rock is not alive. It does not meet any of the criteria necessary to be alive. I suppose if you look at it from a spiritual or philosophical angle it could be, but not scientifically.

A bird is alive, as long as its cells are still undergoing the metabolic cycle or respiriation. The point at which its cells can no longer turn nutrients into ATP, is called death. A bird, whos cells cannot respiriate or make any energy, is considered dead. At that point decomposition will start. No macrophages means no defence against microbes.

I can become the rock, air, or the flame, but I cannot become the live bird. I can take on the properties of a dead bird, but if I do, I smell of putrescene for a week afterwards.

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
This is one of those times I'm glad I don't have powers to worry about.

Worry about?

I do not worry about my powers,I simply embrace them and let them help me.

Still, why wouldn't you want powers?I mean I understand you are more than just human, but you are ...How do I say this. From what I hear your abilities are only out growths of the human abilities.. You can do what humans can do but more so. Am I right?

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
It's more like I'm happy with what I got.
Now that's a good additude.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
How do you understand your powers?
That's easy, I don't. I've got no clue, and when I talk to the DV science guys about this, I always walk away still without a clue.

My personal belief is the big secret to all this is that they don't have a clue either. What’s that word? Technobabble? Saying nothing while trying to sound like you know something?

Pew, I know lasers out of your eyes..I wasn't really asking what you can do, but rather how you do it. I can turn water into wine, or walk into the air...I can do many things. I don't know what I can't do. I mean I can't change my shape very well but I can do many things to list.

Now, can you describe how your abilities make you feel?or rather how it feels to use them?

Oh god, I love this question because I love yelling about how shitty my power is.

And let there be light.

Using my powers still takes an incredible amount of concentration on my part, and holding it is almost painful. I still haven't gotten over the headaches, I just try to not complain too much about them.

That's so sad Lia. It makes me want to cry. Have you tried to see someone?

I was in pain at first, but it's better now. But then again, I have a hight tolerance for it. Depending on what's happening, some pain is actually pleasureable. smirk

Archived