Aberrant: 2011 - California Rocks.

Ravenshire

Earlier this year the idea for a large earthquake in the area of Los Angeles California was brought up. There would be no central storyline for this, but instead a bunch of themed stories written by people in the area when the disaster strikes. I figure we could build up toward this in the last weeks of June and have the quake on or around the 4th of July.

The nuts and bolts of this quake have already been discussed. It would hit in the mid-morning (9 PDT), be massive, but north of the main city (8.5~9.0), and with high aftershocks for nearly 30 minutes.

Whose interested?

Well, let's start off by saying that I do not see how I can take part of this in any form which I would be happy with. I am likely to be stepping away from this whole thing.

I am very least only playing a small role in this. I laid out several ideas or frame works to this idea, this is not really one of them. So, if it happens, Catalyst will do her share. To the rest of you good luck an good speed.

No, I am not interested in trying to put forth an over laying theme to these stories beside the earth quake happens. If In one story the government and Utopia are friendly, another they trade q-bolts..not my job. If one story has the government being crack elite first responders and another has them turn it into something like New Orleans. Not my problem. I do not even care if one story has the quake being nova made and another proves it was set off by a nuke, or just happened. All these things may matter to some people, but Catalyst is only there to save lives. She is not there to set up policy or to worry about why things happened.

Cat, I think you are missing the point. I think if anyone wants to do anything that messes with canon they will bounce it here, or with Moderator 2009 before they do it.

For instance,

-Project Utopia DOES respond to natural disasters around the world.

-There is strong evidence to show that the US government does have a team of novas, so some of them might respond.

-That if California has any novas, you are probably it. Yes, I know Calis is wealthy, but that is what the Feds are for.

Now, if you want to do a story about the rough relationship between PU and the US then post a question for group discussion. Together we can work this out.

If you want the national reaction to be 'New Orleans'-esque then post it. Lets see where people think what the government would do.

What this is for is to give the players a chance to share a theme and maybe get a chance to act together (again).

Not the point of my post at all. I am saying I am not going to try to say what scale it is, who does what, how it happens. Not my job. Besides if I did, at least a few people would have to ignore what I said anyways. So I either going to play a small role or no role at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nathan Dayes will be involved with this, though not in a very direct manner. I have a policy in place that Nathan will not go after other PC novas in the role of an antagonist.

After Nathan's current story "Sting" is written (and rewritten, and rewritten) I'll start in on the one that ties into this event, "Earthshaking."

Archived