[OpNet] Who Doesn't Want to Be a Part of My Experiment?

Warren Verona

Originally Posted By: Ptesan-Wi
My people have beliefs about photographs, beliefs that taking one's photo captures their soul. You will find very, very few photographs of Lakota children, and those will almost never have been taken with the permission of the child's mother or father.

Really?

Still?

You have got to be shitting me.

Originally Posted By: Trooper
You have got to be shitting me.
People do not give up beliefs of lifetimes when it suits the world. There is sometimes too the need for the small group to cling to a sacred belief against the will of the large group. It is a way of saying "Fuck you" to the large group. I said this in a paper to my professor of anthropology. She awarded me a 'B' and called it insightful. I have still to work on the grammar of ingles.

Originally Posted By: Ptesan-Wi
And so it comes to this.

Because I recognize that some words do not translate well, I am a narcissist.
Because I show pride in my people, I am a racist.

I asked you a reasonable question. Are the Nakota also the "The People"? you have not said one way or the other. They were part of the Sioux as you should know.

What crimes have the lakota suffered that makes the different from any other tribal culture to have the misfortune of having gold on their land? You speak as if your tribe was the only one to suffer, and that they are different in some way..yet you have yet to name the difference. Nearly every tribal name can be translated into "The People" or "The People of...". So tell me, why should I shed a tear for you when you do not shed tears for the tribes of Africa, or Japan, or even other parts of the "Great Plains"?

I can trace my bloodline to people who were bought and sold to harvest cotton. You on the other hand seem to trace you bloodline back to those who can stand on soap boxes and whine about how the world is unfair and the west is so evil.

I hate to take PWs side, because all this tribal whining is really getting to me but let me say this Muse. If you are insinuating that your lineage dates back to thos of African decent who were taken as slaves and brought the States to work in cotton fields then you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

African Americans were at least allowed to live and work. The Native American people (and fuck right off to the fist person that corrects that term because I don't care what the fuck the people want to be called) were slaughtered out right. They were not given even the slightest bit of hope or peace. The settlers who came took and took and took and offered nothing back.

Now, am I saying PW is right in all her magnimonious preaching? No. Frankly I'm sick of hearing her sniveling about how her people are so oppressed (it ain't my problem, and it ain't my fault, it all happened long before I was around). But I will agree that as far as fist fucks go, 'The People' did get a pretty good one. Far worse than any slave.

And please do not not say that I have done nothing positive for the culture you are so overly fond of. I was at that damn Pow Wow and I paid $6.50 for each beer. At that price I should get my own fuckin' statue put in the Lakota nation a big granite Revenant with a Lakota Chief tearing 50 dollar bills from my ass with a huge grin on his face.

$6.50/beer... and I have no love for 'The People'? Kiss my ass.

Originally Posted By: Revenant
I hate to take PWs side, because all this tribal whining is really getting to me but let me say this Muse. If you are insinuating that your lineage dates back to thos of African decent who were taken as slaves and brought the States to work in cotton fields then you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

African Americans were at least allowed to live and work. The Native American people (and fuck right off to the fist person that corrects that term because I don't care what the fuck the people want to be called) were slaughtered out right. They were not given even the slightest bit of hope or peace. The settlers who came took and took and took and offered nothing back.

Now, am I saying PW is right in all her magnimonious preaching? No. Frankly I'm sick of hearing her sniveling about how her people are so oppressed (it ain't my problem, and it ain't my fault, it all happened long before I was around). But I will agree that as far as fist fucks go, 'The People' did get a pretty good one. Far worse than any slave.

And please do not not say that I have done nothing positive for the culture you are so overly fond of. I was at that damn Pow Wow and I paid $6.50 for each beer. At that price I should get my own fuckin' statue put in the Lakota nation a big granite Revenant with a Lakota Chief tearing 50 dollar bills from my ass with a huge grin on his face.

$6.50/beer... and I have no love for 'The People'? Kiss my ass.

Does one need to draw the lines? The right to live in chains is not better or worse than death. It is death.

Oh wait, I can trace my lineage back to the Nakota.

Originally Posted By: Machina
No, because stupid goddamn fairy tales don't fucking count.
If there is man there must be a first man. I call this first man Adam as the bible calls him. If it is the existence of God you are questioning I cannot help you. Either you see God or you do not. Such is the way of things.

Let me get this straight. Your religion preaches that two thousand years ago, a Middle Eastern virgin was impregnated by a ghost. And the spawn of this ethereal sperm grew up to walk on water and multiply bread loaves and heal the sick and raise the dead and cast out demons. And this Love Child wasn't just any ordinary spud, it was God incarnate who willingly submitted to a bloody S&M crucifixion to pay for OUR sins, when it would have been much easier (and less messy) if He'd made us sin-proof in the first place. And this Miracle Baby, son of a (cough) virgin, rose from the dead after three days and now gets very upset when heavy-metal musicians slander His name. And Moses parted the Red Sea, Noah had an ark, God rained frogs on Egypt, and Joshua made the sun stand still. And even though Adam and Eve gave birth to only two boys (one of whom killed the other), the human race somehow fruitfully multiplied while avoiding the sin of incest. And remote Polynesian islanders will boil in molten lava eternally if they don't embrace the gospel, even if they've never had a chance to hear the gospel. And the God who gave you a dick will also zap you with a lightning bolt if thou darest touchet the dick which he didst create.

Is that it? Did I miss anything? Is that the horseshit you're trying to peddle me? Dude, that isn't the Greatest Story Ever Told, is is the fucking craziest.

God. You crack me up.

Eh, comes from the Paranoid man who hides behind a a defense system that countries wished they had.

Faith means believing without tangible proof, if that's lost on you then yes, go seek refuge on your concrete proof of how you will decay and dissapear after a certain amount of 4th dimensianl movement has elapsed.

Belief is one thing Polymath, had the idea of God come with out the ignorant babble (penned by God's flawed creatures: Man) I'd be a bit more inclined to think He makes sense.

That is not the case however. Faith is believing in ones self. To know your limits, and never stop try to exceed them.

Just my opinion however.

Let me get this straight.
Si. Yes.
And this Love Child wasn't just any ordinary spud, it was God incarnate who willingly submitted to a bloody S&M crucifixion to pay for OUR sins, when it would have been much easier (and less messy) if He'd made us sin-proof in the first place.
Mister Machina you do not seem to like God. There is one thing I think you are not seeing though. You are suppose to be very smart. But you come here. You speak with me. I am not so smart as you. I cannot say why you do this thing. But if you think on it maybe you can understand why God might create creatures like us. Instead of machines without the mind to choose to sin or not to sin.

Howling dogs speak of bleeding god. Master Wu Tang laughs.

HA HA!

Cold gwailo boy with face of corpse speaks true. Prove goddess of luck smile on all. Even the ignorant. Bah. Power is knowledge. Back to slippy girls and strong drinks, fools. Master Wu Tang waste no more time with you.

Originally Posted By: Wu Tang
Howling dogs speak of bleeding god. Master Wu Tang laughs.

HA HA!

Cold gwailo boy with face of corpse speaks true. Prove goddess of luck smile on all. Even the ignorant. Bah. Power is knowledge. Back to slippy girls and strong drinks, fools. Master Wu Tang waste no more time with you.

*makes note of Board Crazy # 871 - continues about business*

Wow, man, this is heavy. Trying to get Catholicism away from Spics is harder than trying to get whisky away from a Mick.

You're right, Poly, faith is exactly what you said; believing in something you've got no evidence for. You know, come to think of it, there's another word that fits that definition; "delusional", we gringos call it. And even though I've got the awfully rare privelage of not having to grapple with the whole "mortality" beast, it doesn't change a goddamn thing; you're gonna die, you're gonna be worm food. And after that, nothing. The only "afterlife" to be had is the one the rest of us are living after your life. If you were strong, you'd grapple and make peace with that reality, because no amount of well-wishing and finger-crossing is going to change that. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

God doesn't exist. There's no such thing as sin. And you are embracing a comforting lie.

Mister Machina if you to say there problem with the religion I would possibly agree. Religion can be as corrupt as politics. For the same reason. But this shouting against God does not suit you. How can a man look at the jewel of the world and not see the hand of God?

This is a very good answer. Perhaps now sir you would do me the honor of explaining when you will create new life from unliving components. Surely a man of your talent could do what stupid luck has managed without the aid of God?

• 2 weeks later...

That question has a goddamn thing to do with this discussion only in the most peripheral way. Just because I can't create "life" with my chemistry set (we're presuming that I can't, and that we define "living" the same way) doesn't mean that some fantasy sky daddy was the one who's responsible for everything living on earth. You could just as easily give the credit over to Zeus, Amon-Ra, or extreme mathematical improbability. You're just using the term "God" to fill out all the gaps in your understanding of the universe, but "God" isn't an answer; it's just a spackle you put in the cracks of your understanding.

Are you then prepared to grant me the honor I spoke of earlier? If not then I think it not I that am answering in the most periphery of ways.

There is nothing against science in my heart. There is to me no gulf between what is and what can be explained. But this belief that God is unlikely more than simple chance is silly. It is not the answer I would expect of a scientist.

Well, not being a fucking scientist, yourself, that's pretty much the sort of ignorant, empty-headed assumption I'd expect from a chump like you.

Hate to be the one to tell you, but scientists represent the vocation that has demonstrably the highest percentage of nontheists in its ranks. The closer you get to biology, in fact, the further away you get from the idea of god. In fact, not to piss all over your parade, but the majority of studies done on the matter (and all of those not paid for by some fundie shill like Pat 'The people of Sao Paolo are being punished for their immorality' Robertson) show that faith decreases in correlation with education.

Pipe, smoke. Ass, shove.

Archived