TroyCampbell

I don't really know why I am creating this, I guess I just wanted to ramble. Or be noticed. Or something.

As some of you may have seen, my father recently died. I just found out about it. I am the last of my family line, and I'm feeling a lot of pressure from it.

It's infuriating that I didn't find out about this until I knocked on the door, and a stranger appeared. He told me that he was the only one who lived there. I had to inquire to a friend about it.

I don't understand why PU wouldn't tell me about this. Surely someone there must've noticed that my father died. Surely they must've realized that I wouldn't know until they told me. Why the hell would they not say something?

Troy, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. frown I can only imagine the kind of devastation and loss you're feeling right now. I wish there was something I could do to help. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that you're in our thoughts, and if there's anything we can do to help make this period of grief and confusion easier for you, you have only to ask.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
And you boys think that breasts make every problem go away.

No, but they certainly help me focus.

Quote:
I am fixing up my GTO, it is awesome looking.

Ugh, cars. I never could get the hang of fixing them up. I tried once and I put a starter in backwards. Not good from what I hear. All my vehicles go straight to a garage. Even some of the older ones I've collected that needed body work.

I'm sure the bill for the work on your GTO is going to be a nightmare to see, but mechanics love working on those old model cars though. I'm looking forward to seeing it when you and Troy get to New York. Fisrt round is on me. laugh

Good luck on your trip guys.

Losing your parents is horrible Troy, but don't let it get to you. I know how you feel man, but believe me it will slowly get better, you just gotta hang in there.

Realistically speaking, you will read that and might either hang to it OR make fun of me. But it's true man, it will slowly pass and soon you will only have the good things they did for you in your mind, memories don't die unless you want them to die.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
Law, don't worry about buying me anything. Really I would prefer talking to you than drinking with you. Besides all the drinks you could give me would be drinks you wouldn't want to buy me.

Oh? And why pray tell would I not want to buy you and Troy a round of drinks?

This I am just dying to hear.

And please, it's Gabe, or Gabriel. Law sounds so... formal.

Cuase I think you would feel kind of silly telling the bar tender that you want a round of sodas,and yes you mean the just a soda. No, they do no need any booze in them. I have been told it is akward to go to a bar and not buy booze.

I did not mean to be formal, I think Law is a cool name.

Sorry Troy. There doesn't seem to be anything else to say.

Originally Posted By: TroyLloydCampbell
I don't understand why PU wouldn't tell me about this. Surely someone there must've noticed that my father died.
It's a big company. Whoever noticed he'd died presumably didn't know he was your father. Whoever knew he was your father did know he'd died.

At the risk of sounding callous, Troy, consider that this dark cloud may well have a silver lining. If his life was a good one, and his soul pure, then he will certainly be rewarded. If the reverse is true, then rest easy in the knowledge that he may bring unhappiness to the living world no longer. As for you, personally...

Once your grieving is done, you may find that without such ties to your former life, you now possess a degree of freedom you could not have attained before. Many still labor under the burden of their shackles, weighted by responsibilities to society or family that they are unable or unwilling to break for themselves.

Perhaps this event, traumatic as it is now, is meant to be a sign for you.

If I were you, and experiencing the confusion and hurt you must be feeling, I would most certainly seek out those responsible for such a cruel, potentially deliberate act of omission.

Nyx, while I'd never presume to say that Troy can't draw some positive influence from this experience, I'd be wary of holding out some sort of false hope for him. It's true that adversity can galvanize the spirit and that even disastrous events can be opportunities if we force them, but please, selling him a story about how good people go to a nice place when they die is false, and it undercuts the gravity of the man's life.

People will generally believe whatever they like, of that, we can agree, Miss Nyx. smile I wasn't trying to push my beliefs on anybody, merely pointing out what seems self-evident to me: that the dead are gone, truly gone. And I, personally, find more comfort and solace in celebrating a life well-lived than a vague and uncertain promise of harp quartets and feathery wings. smile

If that brings you comfort, then, by all means, continue to believe so. Given your particular... idiom... of course, I can understand why you would prefer to view life as largely meaningless when it's done. I may no longer adhere in any practical sense to the beliefs of my previous life, but a lifetime of ingrained behaviors is difficult to overcome. I fully expect that, should such behaviors prove to have been rooted in truth, I will not be lightly judged.

In any event, this thread is not the place for such discussions. Should you wish to continue it privately, I would not be opposed to the debate. Let us leave this man's plea for comfort unsullied by such discord.

It seems I missed my chance to voice my opinion, so I will do so anyway. I don't think people should be religious, most notably Christian. I think that it removes the realness of reality. If someone needs some invisible, all knowing, and all powerful power-hungry cop in the sky looking over them just to be good, than I full and well don't think those people deserve to suffer the joy that is life.

Archived