Gabriel Stone

Okay, so I'm considering spending some of Gabe's EXP but I'm not sure how.

I was going to just place it in increasing mega atts and make him rather bland in the actual 'powers' department, but than I had an idea so I want to get your opinion.

Gabe's Possible New Power:

"Blue Steel"

With his giga watt smile and Adonis looks Gabriel smoothly brushes his hand through his hair and smiles brightly. Quantum energies charge and as one of his front teeth sparkle in a cliché 'starlight' flicker all those around him are frozen in awe at his dashing beauty and roguish good looks. Some are captivated while other colapse into tears unable to look at the God in all his true splendor. Some also may just stop and wonder why his tooth just sparkled or stand puzzled in wonderment at what kind of toothpaste he uses to make his smile so bright.

Although there is no rule in the book, I thought maybe he could also slice airborne shuriken in half with his glamorous charm.

The formula?

Immobilize (Mental) with the 'Area' Extra centered on him.

Lemme know what you think. This or Mega Atts?

The problem with non-strength Immobilize is we have NO CLUE on how to impliment it mechanically. The rules say it is possible, but provide no guideance at all on how it should be done, or what the effects should be.

Just subbing in the word "Mega-Dex" or "Willpower" for Strength results in powers that are totally, horribly broken and confused as too what they do.

For the given example above Immobilize(Willpower)... what does this mean? How do I resist it? How do I damage it if someone else is caught in it? Immobilize has soak, how does that work? Does it still reduce Mega-Dex?

If it is resisted by Willpower instead of Strength, then with a willpower of 10, I probably have no serious chance of breaking free because of it's soak... how ever, someone else could still blast me free with a quantum bolt because external people can help break people free, and the effect isn't intangible.

Archived