Aberrant: 2011 - Different Attribute for a Quantum Power

/1/

This is probably some sort of really weird kind of Expansion request, but I dunno. I was thinking since my character has Pretercognition because his "quantum power" is incredible analytic ability and insight, allowing him to predict all sorts of future events (or deduce past ones) through probabilistic methods, it would make much more sense for the power to be based on Intelligence than Perception. The books mention this at some point, but I seem to recall they called for ST approval, which kinda means all you guys.

What do you think? Am I being reasonable?

Not sure. I understand the desire, but...

With the way WW defines things, I'm not sure you can notice trends with only Mega-Int. Noticing things and probably getting enough info would be Mega-Perception. Perception isn't analysis, but it is investigation (i.e. gathering info). Its a fine line.

Intelligence is accumulated knowledge, mnemonic retention and calculation of facts (math, engineering, etc.).

Perception is the ability to take in your surroundings and get something out of it that others may not (clues, a scratched paint job, the 1" nova peeking up the ladies' skirts).

Since your character is still looking at images that form the past as well as the future and not deducing the fate of the cosmos via arithmetic or any other medium (charts, graphs, numerology) I would imagine Perception would still apply.

Besides, 2009 isn't run by us. The Mods run it, even if we liked the idea if they didn't we'd never see it anyway.

Well, well, but the mods were elected by us and they sort of listen to us, and I suspect they'll read threads like these too. But, actually, I think I've been convinced on the Perception argument. After all, he needs to take in data from around him to do the calculations, and the precision of those calculations is based on how well he can collect data, and the Pretercog rules already allow for more power if you're given data directly, so... Perception it is.

Archived