Aberrant: 2011 - An Open Address to Mr. Alptraum

Libertyne

I don't claim to understand your point of view, sir, but I have a question for you. Why is it you come here? I mean, as much as I seem to disagree with you, it would at least seem to serve a purpose if you came here to debate your point of view. But leaving aside the correctness or wrongfulness of your convictions, it seems that the only reason you come here is to make the off cruel comment. I'll grant you that not everybody here necessarily makes every post a revelation, but they don't come here to speak ill of people, either. I suppose what I'm asking is why do you even bother? Nobody appears to agree with you, but even if they did, they'd never know, since you don't make any attempt to make yourself understood or explain yourself. All you appear to be doing is spewing hate, and doing so against a demographic that, it seems, is unaccounted for here.

So, if you don't mind my asking, why?

Most zoogoers are content to simply watch the monkeys, Hr. Alptraum. Most zoogoers do not feel the need to yell at the monkeys from outside their pen and pelt them with bits of food. In America, we have a name for people who go to the zoo to make catcalls at animals. We call them "rednecks". smile

Jokes aside, Hr. Alptraum, you didn't answer my question. If you dislike the people here, that's fine. But why spend time with us? Why talk? Why respond? And what makes us so hated? What did any of us ever do to you?

Because I want to. It is simple as that. It amuses me. And since my eruption I've found little reason to do anything except for my own amusement.

As to what about you has brought about my ire?

Just little things.

You, some of you, are ignorant, spoiled, stupid little beings with no greater understanding. You prance about and preen like spoiled children. So, when I see such prattling I say a little something.

Man, I gotta tell ya. This is gold. Ignorant, spoiled, and stupid. I guess I have no way to stand up to such a understanding and intelligent being with such delusions of grandeur.

Well, besides pointing out that he is yet to bring up a valid point.

Ignorant - Lacking in knowledge or training. Would you be refering to experience of life? Hardships of life? And doubled with stupid, that just makes us double no good, right? We're lacking in knowledge or training, and we're lacking the keenness of mind to learn. Given that, why point anything out? Sure, its for your amusement. But you'd think someone as intelligent and witty as yourself might have something better to do than to sit here, and insult peers*.

I am just trying to understand this from your point of view. I mean, up until now.. I really just thought that you were here because no other place would have you. They've shut you out, so you've shut yourself out. You cannot get along with another human, or nova, so you take the exact opposite standing. You insult them, and try to belittle them. Tell you the truth, your "saying a little something" makes you look more the idiot than us.

*I am using peers in a very, very loose fashion.

Archived