[OpNet] I am done with my temple.

Good Alice

Originally Posted By: Good Alice
Velvet, your words sting, and yet are in vain. If you contact Lawyers you will waste your time, and your money. If you Contact Elites, you will enter into actions that could lead to your imprisonment for years.

If you Come to my house,I will give you the rights to the statues I have made of you. If I indeed made one of you. I have not made one you velvet, and I am unsure when I will. I have a few other project a head of anything I can think of dealing with you.

Hey, you know something you dumb cunt? If you'd stop talking in circles and just list the fucking novas you've made statues of you'd probably avoid a lot of this silliness.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Preston
I built these temples because for the last seven-teen hundred years, one religion has spent most of it time trying to scare people into believing they are evil, and some how can only be saved by someone who may or may not even been real.

I'm going to take it you mean Christianity.
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!!?

I do this because these religions have things to teach us. I do this because these people had no one else to help them.

No, you did this because you are a bitter fuck who hates Christianity and no other reason. I don't know why you feel this way and I no longer care. Compassion is one of those Christian Virtues I need to work on.

Good Alice, I'm going after you. I'm bringing this post to the attention of the Boston Archdiocese as well as the one in Mexico City. I'll make sure everyone knows you are a member in good standing ... and paid by ... Project Utopia.

Thank you for revealing your carnival was nothing more than an instrument of hate.

Did I do anything other than state facts? There are many , and varied well researched and well documented Books, and histories of how Christianity has tried to destroy any other religion. I dislike this form of spreading one's religion.

There are also books, that are well researched, and well sited that point out that Jesus was not a historic figure.

Note I could walk into a room , and say Zues is fake, and you would not raise an eye brow. Why canot I not say the same thing about your "god"? I could point out the logical pradoxies in your bible, and even the part of your religion that tells you to things you would never do.

Still I do not hate Christians, I do however wish to remove at least myself from Christianity my life. The above noted people know my beliefs, and you will be somewhat surprised how they have reacted to my actions. If you wish to speak to me futher in polite terms, please do so in private.

Originally Posted By: Revenant
I built these temples because for the last seventeen hundred years, one religion has spent most of it time trying to scare people into believing they are evil, and some how can only be saved by someone who may or may not even been real.

Hey, Alice. I'd like to share something with you.

I'm not sure what it is that you have with trying to prove something with these temples, but I'm curious to know why you feel resurrecting these things from the past will make the world better? Or why you damn the mistakes of the past and the religions involved with your ire.

Granted they were beautiful once, but they are ruins. Forgotten places from a forgotten time. The beauty of them today is in the ruins themselves. Recreating them cheapens their rich history.

So, this is for you:

A good person doesn't strive to make the world a better place than it was yesterday. A good person tries to make the world a better place than what it was today. There is no turning back the hands of time.

Upon looking at the world's past we can look at the good, or the bad. Either way it doesn't much matter. You should judge people on how they act now, and not what they did in the past. Let alone what those who came before them did. Praising the glories of the past will not bring the glory back to the world we live in now. Damning the crimes of the past will not make the world any more just.

Yesterday is gone. Trying to capture it will only end in you losing tomorrow.

Think about it, and let me know what you think.

True that is so, but I wished to bring back an idea that we have forgotten. That idea is that there are many ways to get to a goal. That people value different things. Some people think differently than others. Someone people call the same things different names.

We have to look at the world, and see that we are not always right. That what you value is not the same thing as what other value. These "Dead" religions are not dead. They have values to teach us, if nothing more than this. We are people and have been trying to answer the questions. Is there a god?And what is god? For a long time. The answers of the past are still no less valid than the ones we have now.

In modern times, the question has be wraped so much that we only ask if there is one or no god..Why not ask yourself if there is not two, or more gods?

Carver, yes you are going to be. I would invite you to watch me do my work, it is I assume in different than how you do it in many key ways. I am sorry for taking so long, but times are not pleasant.

Hmm, lucky for me. Because, you see, I was rather hoping you wouldn't. I'm not comfortable with a statue of me being created - call it my messy personal hang-up. I appreciate the sentiment - really, I do. I'm just not comfortable with the idea.

I would like to discuss art with you, however. Is that possible?

These "Dead" religions are not dead. They have values to teach us, if nothing more than this.

Yeah, or perhaps people could just raise their kids right. Because I wouldn't know right from wrong unless I went to some temple everyday and had some guy in a robe point out the obvious to me.

Quote:
We are people and have been trying to answer the questions.

No, apparently just you.

Quote:
Is there a god?And what is god? For a long time.

Ya know, the only people that really ask themselves that are the people who already are going to church. The rest of us have better things to do, like go about our business.

If there is a God, he ain't gonna a give a shit who, or what we worshipped while we were down here. If he is as wise and benevolent as you religious fanatics claim he is, then I'm sure he's wise enough to judge me based on the man I was while I was alive, not the man I chose to blindly follow while I was living.

(And yes, I'm well aware I have a good scolding coming to me should I ever meet this guy)

Quote:
The answers of the past are still no less valid than the ones we have now.

Do me a favor, make up your mind please.

Good Alice Quote

Quote:
In modern times, the question has be wraped so much that we only ask if there is one or no god..Why not ask yourself if there is not two, or more gods?

People have. Where the hell have you been? I'm not even religious and I can rattle off quite a few, each with it's own views, teachings, and what ever else religious people do.

1. Christianity
2. Islam
3. Non-Adherent (Secular/Atheist/Irreligious/Agnostic/Nontheist)4. Hinduism
5. Chinese folk religion
6. Buddhism
7. Primal indigenous ("Pagan")
8. African (traditional and diasporic)
9. Sikhism
10. Juche
11. Spiritism
12. Judaism
13. Bahá'í Faith
14. Jehovah's Witnesses
15. Jainism
16. Shinto
17. Cao Dai
18. Zoroastrianism
19. Tenrikyo
20. Neo-Paganism
21. Unitarian Universalism
22. Rastafari movement

It seems the only person this question seems to boggle is you.

Originally Posted By: Revenant

Yeah, or perhaps people could just raise their kids right. Because I wouldn't know right from wrong unless I went to some temple everyday and had some guy in a robe point out the obvious to me.

Quote:
We are people and have been trying to answer the questions.

No, apparently just you.

Quote:
Is there a god?And what is god? For a long time.

Ya know, the only people that really ask themselves that are the people who already are going to church. The rest of us have better things to do, like go about our business.

If there is a God, he ain't gonna a give a shit who, or what we worshipped while we were down here. If he is as wise and benevolent as you religious fanatics claim he is, then I'm sure he's wise enough to judge me based on the man I was while I was alive, not the man I chose to blindly follow while I was living.

(And yes, I'm well aware I have a good scolding coming to me should I ever meet this guy)

Quote:
The answers of the past are still no less valid than the ones we have now.

Do me a favor, make up your mind please.

Good Alice Quote

Quote:

People have. Where the hell have you been? I'm not even religious and I can rattle off quite a few, each with it's own views, teachings, and what ever else religious people do.

1. Christianity
2. Islam
3. Non-Adherent (Secular/Atheist/Irreligious/Agnostic/Nontheist)4. Hinduism
5. Chinese folk religion
6. Buddhism
7. Primal indigenous ("Pagan")
8. African (traditional and diasporic)
9. Sikhism
10. Juche
11. Spiritism
12. Judaism
13. Bahá'í Faith
14. Jehovah's Witnesses
15. Jainism
16. Shinto
17. Cao Dai
18. Zoroastrianism
19. Tenrikyo
20. Neo-Paganism
21. Unitarian Universalism
22. Rastafari movement

It seems the only person this question seems to boggle is you.

So teach the children well..THey will know what to do? Should they follow in your path, and make a police state? SHould they only do things to adviod being punished?

I never said god, was good. Nor did I say god was evil. You clump me with religions that have less in common with me, than you do with South American death squads.

Again, I am not prefect. I am trying ot make the world a better place, and sometimes I say and do things that are not always true in every case. I am sure you have said something and then changed your mind.

Why do you care what I do in my free time? I build things for my own needs, and I build things for the needs of others. I built these temples for both reasons. If you say it is a waste of resources..Tell me how many novas does it take to stop crime in one city?

I build things for my own needs, and I build things for the needs of others. I built these temples for both reasons.

Really? Because from what I've gathered you did it for the attention. I mean really, I've seen some desperate ploys for love and affection before but you are a sad little monkey.

Oh, and I'm not an art critic or anything but I've seen pictures. They look like Vegas knockoffs.

Originally Posted By: Trooper
Really? Because from what I've gathered you did it for the attention. I mean really, I've seen some desperate ploys for love and affection before but you are a sad little monkey.

Seriously, this is a waste of time. For half a second I thought maybe I could get her to make some sense, but no.

For someone who does it for the people (not to be confused with 'The People', which we all know I'm personally oppressing at this very moment) she sure does use 'Me' and 'I' alot.

I'm just ignoring this idiot. She's a waste of key strokes.

Good Alice, I'm going to ask a series of very simple questions. All I want is a yes or no answer to each.

1. Is a representation of Wakan-Tanka featured amongst your statuary?

2. Is a representation of Wakinyan featured amongst your statuary?

3. Is a representation of myself featured amongst your statuary?

4. Is one of your temples a medicine wheel?

Just yes or no to each, please.

I attempted to convey this dialogue accurately to some intelligent life forms that had the good grace not to be descended from homo sapien. Only one race found the circumstances worth expending effort to grasp. I believe they're still laughing. They don't mean to be unkind but they do have a far more refined social awareness. And they consider most offspring of homo sapiens to be... there isn't really a word that translates the concept accurately... but... "slow" is probably close. Or perhaps "dullard". Translation is often fraught with difficulty.

Archived