Aberrant RPG - Sword Mastery

Teulisch Faust

Elemental Mastery- Swords. just a little idea i had a bit ago. to work properly, you need str 3+, mega-dex, and melee 5(swords). so we have at least 11 dice+megadex for melee

creating swords from nothing, throwing them, in waves large enough to form bridges or walls. and swordfighting. and no sword can stand against him, instead turning to strike its owner. and of course a storm of swords would be as deadly as it is impressive. propulsion by throwing swords behind you... creating stairs of blades in the side of a building to run up... and then theres the sword blade origami.

perhaps elemental mastery-'bladed weapons' would be more fun.

This actually works pretty well.

Quote:
Teulisch Faust:Elemental Mastery- Swords. just a little idea i had a bit ago. to work properly, you need str 3+, mega-dex, and melee 5(swords). so we have at least 11 dice+megadex for melee
Actually all you'd need is Q5. Everything you meantioned would be for using the power well, rather than just having the power.,,
Quote:
Teulisch Faust:...creating swords from nothing, throwing them, in waves large enough to form bridges or walls....a storm of swords
I.e. Bolt (lethal), Shaping, Storm(lethal) etc.,,
Quote:
Teulisch Faust:and swordfighting. and no sword can stand against him, instead turning to strike its owner.
Swordfighting is theme, meaning you could and should buy 5 dots of melee, but it technically isn't related to the power. For example your "thrown sword", or 'bolt, would be use Elemental Mastery to attack and not melee or throwing.

The "no sword can stand against him" bit is actually do able with the shield technique from Magnetic Manipulation. Note that it actually removes succ so it dramatically increases the chances of a botch.

Quote:
Teulisch Faust:...propulsion by throwing swords behind you...
I think you could ride on a big sword or have one carry you (like Thor's hammer), but you are probably better off buying flight and just using the sword throw as theme.

Definitely a workable power. It's very creative as well.

As for the 'no sword can stand against him', what about the Elemental Manip technique that reduces damage from the chosen element?

And now I have several scenes from Revolutionary Girl Utena stuck in my head. Argh.

• 1 year later...

I had one of my players doing an Archangel-style character who bought herself Elemental Mastery (Blades) and had a grand ol' time with it. Add to that an Aggravated, Armor Piercing sword (Claws, with a flaming angellic theme) and Flight, and she made a lot of people very miserable.

Archived