Aberrant: 2011 - So you are nova now...Do you have what you want?

Catalyst

So we are novas, and life should be easy for us, right?

Well in lot of ways life is harder for me now that it was before.Do not get me wrong the most I am a nova, the less I would want to go back to not being a nova. I mean for starters I am just in way better shape than I was before.I am not super-humanly so. That is until you look at how big I am. I mean I have seen old movies and saw what most people thought "strong men" could do. I can do things along those lines. That is even before I really turn on my powers, witch is odd.I will get into my powers later.

I am well rather rich. I have been told not to say how much I have, but let's just say that I never thought I would have this much.

Still i have a few problems that I never even thought of. I think I have stalker or two. I think I am somehow limited in my choices of where I can legally live.I could be wrong on this one. I know there are some people who i am forbidden to talk to.(for no good reason that I can see.)I also have way to much paper work.

Still, this topic is not whole about me. How is novahood for the rest of you?

I'm sorry you're not having the best time at all this, Cat, but for me, it's a blast! grin There isn't a single thing I'm not thrilled about being a nova. All my life I hoped that someday I'd be able to help change the world for the better, and now I've been empowered to do just that in a way that exceeds my wildest expectations. I've had to scale up my dreams pretty big just to have something to keep working towards! smile

So in short, yes!, I have what I want. But now that I've got it, I feel duty-bound to want more.

I understand your frustrations Catalyst. While being a Nova comes with may advantages there is a price.

A few questions for you though. Why are you forbidden to talk to some people and who is enforcing this ban? You say you are limited in the places that you can legally live and while that is true for everyone, I am curious as to your exact meaning. Is it due to your age or some other circumstance you've chosen not to reveal?

I'm happy being a nova. This would probably surprise a lot of people who know me, as I don't have any of the perks that usually accompany novadom (starting with fame and fortune), in fact I live much more humbly now than before I erupted, and I barely ever use my powers. Nevertheless, I believe events triggered by my eruption have eventually made me a better person. And I'm glad.

The only reason I'm sort of thankful for erupting is that I'd be dead now if I hadn't. And occasionally I think I might've been better off that way. After all the things I lost in the events surrounding my eruption, I've basically lost any hope of a real life. So, okay, I'm still breathing, and I'm quite comfortable, with a job that's actually rather interesting, or at least more than most jobs I've had, but not breathing the same stuff as the rest of the humanity really limits my possibilites.

Originally Posted By: Thierry Maroudas
I understand your frustrations Catalyst. While being a Nova comes with may advantages there is a price.

A few questions for you though. Why are you forbidden to talk to some people and who is enforcing this ban? You say you are limited in the places that you can legally live and while that is true for everyone, I am curious as to your exact meaning. Is it due to your age or some other circumstance you've chosen not to reveal?

I have NDAs about some topics, and they are well rather tight. I think I also have been deemed a National Asset( Or Treasure, the wording is well confusing.). Meaning legally I am limited to places that I can move to, and even well travel too.

Archived