Libertyne

Wow, so this is the place I've been hearing about on N! since I was a kid, huh? Neat! I'm really happy to be here, and I'm really happy to meet all of you. My name's Brittany Brown, but if you've been watching a lot of TV or reading newspapers of late, you might have heard of me as LiberTeen, which is what I call myself now that I've got mighty superpowers. wink

Anyway, I hope I can get to know you all better! Thanks in advance for the welcome! grin

Welcome LiberTeen:

Are you a liberty teen, or a liberteen? I have not been able to read any of the articles about you, so I have no idea. If you are the former, then I congradulate you. If you are the latter, then have fun. If you're both, I wish to congradulate you ahead of time for the fun you will have.

Why, welcome. I've heard about you, it's rather nice to see someone with a voice defending radical issues in a reasonable way. Damn, with the media being the beast it is, it's nice to see someone with a voice do anything in a reasonable way, really.

So yeah, kudos and welcomes.

Originally Posted By: SuperCav
LiberTeen? Sounds like Libertine to me...

Eh, it's your name, be proud of it. You sound like your heart is in the right place. I'm glad that the majority of us Novas are civic minded individuals.

SuperCav,

I think it's supposed to sound like that.

Thanks, everybody, for welcoming me so warmly! blush I really appreciate it! I hope that I can do some good here and provide a little help where it's needed, maybe even make some new friends! I'm new to this whole nova thing, like I guess most of us are, and I don't just yet have any real nova "friends". grin

Oh! And to answer some of your questions, I call myself 'LiberTeen' for all of the reasons that all of you suspect. wink It's my own little triple entendre: I am a teenager, a patriotic American who believes strongly in freedom, justice, and liberty. And to add to this, a 'libertine' is somebody who is 'morally and sexually unrestrained and a freethinker in religious matters'. It seemed to be a pretty obvious choice to me, since I fit all of the above! wink

Extra-special thanks also to Balm, Percivald, and Lambert, for the extra-special welcome. smile

Balm, I've heard about you, and I'm really eager to see how things develop for you in the Project. Even if you subscribe to the rumors about Utopia having shady dealings, only a blind man could deny the great good they have done all over the world. Any corruption in any such organization should be made to feel as unwelcome as possible, but corruption is also a natural result of imperfect humanity, and we must learn to accept that otherwise well-meaning people sometimes do terrible things in the name of what they believe is right. If having to occassionally police those aberrations is the price of Utopia's philanthropy, then it is a jewel purcased at an easy cost, wouldn't you say?

Percivald, I'm flattered that you've heard of me. blush Thank you for your very kind words. I think a large part of the problem is that people who defend sometimes radical issues tend to be seen as part of a lunatic fringe. I want to show people that there are lots of very decent, hard-working, moral folks out there who endorse and enjoy these things as much as any deviant. The problem just seems to me that those otherwise nondescript folks aren't willing to take a chance of becoming ostracized by friends, family, neighbors, and society at large. I hope that I can encourage people of all persuasions to come out of their respective closets and show each other that they're a far larger minority than they thought.

Robert, you are so sweet!! blush You give me too much credit! I was really just invited to the N!TV event after I expressed some patriotic views in the local TV interview I was given after I left the Seattle Rashoud Facility. I'm really happy to have been able to draw some attention to the party, but really, that whole thing was set up a long time before me! Still, you are really, really sweet. Thank you so much! grin To answer your question, right now I'm getting ready for both the University of Texas San Antonio's 'Smut for Smut' event on Jan 12 and the GSA's annual Valentines Day Poly Party in San Francisco. Also, (and this is a bit of a secret because it just happened today and I haven't had a chance to put it up on my site wink ), I'm going to be participating in Princeton University's 'Global Orgasm Day' this winter solstice. Details on that one forthcoming!

A new egg has hatched, and this one is an eagle! We have lots of different kinds of birds here already: peacocks and doves and dodos and ostriches and seagulls and chickens and cormorants and maybe even a cuckoo or two. It's a funny sort of flock, isn't it? You'll need strong wings to stay with the currents, and keep away from the vultures, and, oh! I hope you do! You seem like such a nice anthropomorphic personification.

Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
I was really just invited to the N!TV event after I expressed some patriotic views in the local TV interview I was given after I left the Seattle Rashoud Facility. I'm really happy to have been able to draw some attention to the party, but really, that whole thing was set up a long time before me! Still, you are really, really sweet. Thank you so much! grin To answer your question, right now I'm getting ready for both the University of Texas San Antonio's 'Smut for Smut' event on Jan 12 and the GSA's annual Valentines Day Poly Party in San Francisco. Also, (and this is a bit of a secret because it just happened today and I haven't had a chance to put it up on my site wink ), I'm going to be participating in Princeton University's 'Global Orgasm Day' this winter solstice. Details on that one forthcoming!

I thought that name was familiar! After reading what Robert said, I did some name-searching, hon. You're quite the busy young lady, and for a good cause. I wish more of our youth were like you. smile

Give me a heads up if you'll be in Miami. I'd like to meet you.

Archived