Director 2010

PM your character sheet and point-breakdown of your character to Director 2008. Submission may begin immediately.

You may begin to post in the Fiction section as soon as it is active, as fictions are not inheriently canon. Like the 2016 boards, anything in fictions that violates the canon cannot be mentioned in the OpNet or in 2008 IC chat.

Before you can post on the OpNet, you must have your character approved by the moderators and you must post to the charter thread, stating that you agree to abide by the rules of the charter for the 2008 board. Moderator approval will be done as rapidly as possible, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Agreement posts in the charter thread must be done for each and every character that plays on the 2008 board.

• 2 weeks later...

Experience point accumilation:

All first-time characters approved by 11:59 p.m. on 11/30/2006 will gain full experience for November (4 experience points). It was not the players' fault that 2008 started in the middle of the month, and it was deemed fairest to give full experience to those who put forth the effort of participating.

All characters in play in November, and those approved by the moderators before December 20, will recieve four experience points, for December (which shall be awarded January 1, 2007). All other experience will be awarded the same: 1st of the month, if the character approval is done before the 20th.

Secondary characters:

New characters may be submitted after the 1st of a new month. You do not have to name your alts when you submit new characters, but you do have to state the last month you submitted a character. We will go on the honor system unless it becomes apparent that the system is being abused.

Any characters approved after the 20th of will not get experience for the month they are approved, but will starting on the 1st of the next month (after one full month of play). They will be able to participate in the 2008 OpNet and 2008 Chat upon approval. The moderators will make every effort to approve characters as quickly as possible.

Originally Posted By: Director 2008
Experience point accumilation:

All first-time characters approved by 11:59 p.m. on 11/30/2006 will gain full experience for November (4 experience points). It was not the players' fault that 2008 started in the middle of the month, and it was deemed fairest to give full experience to those who put forth the effort of participating.

All characters in play in November, and those approved by the moderators before December 20, will recieve four experience points, accessible on December 1, 2006 or upon character approval. All other experience will be awarded the same: 1st of the month, or upon character approval done before the 20th.

This is confusing. A literal reading of this leads me to think that King Felix gets four XP for November, and then four XP again on December 1st, for a total of eight?

Is that so?

Originally Posted By: King Felix

Originally Posted By: Director 2008

Snipped

This is confusing. A literal reading of this leads me to think that King Felix gets four XP for November, and then four XP again on December 1st, for a total of eight?

Is that so?

Ick! My last reading proved to me that, I'm a moron. It seems I forgot that to get Decembers XP alotment, we would have to play during December.

This means we are getting the full XP for November, even is 2008 started in late november.

I would assume that the experience is for having played during November, and you won't receive December's experience before you've actually done anything that month. My interpretation is that you get experience on the first day of the new month for your activity the previous month, and we aren't being penalized for 2008 having started so late in November... You still get the full experience allotment for November.

Originally Posted By: The Charter
Article 2, Section 2, Clause 1 – Characters shall be distributed four (4) experience points on the first (1st) day of the month following an active month in the OpNet – 2008 Board and Fiction areas.

(Emphasis mine.)

Characters started in November have 4 experience as of December 1, 2006. This has been clarified above.

• 1 year later...

Archived