Aberrant RPG - Q-Vamping Health Levels v Healing

BlueNinja

I have some questions about Q-Vamping health levels, mostly due to a player from my Eon game. Of course, they also apply to my PC DeathMetalGirl, so I figured I'd ask folks their opinions.

1) If you are injured, and you Q-Vamp some health levels, can you use those health levels to heal the damage you have already taken instead of gaining extra 'bruised' levels?

2) If you gain extra bruised levels, and take damage, does the extra damage remain (the way it does with Sizemorph Grow) or does it disappear when the extra health levels do?

3) If you vamp health levels, can you use them to Die for Power instead of gaining health levels?

1) No

2) Yes

3) Doesn't matter.

Example: You vamp people. You now have +20 Bruised Levels. You take 15 damage (5 Bashing, 5 Lethal, & 5 were burned for quantum).

At the moment you have NO die penalties or anything similar because dispite the fact you've got 15 levels of damage on your character you are also pumped with 5 unused bruised levels. However, nothing was healed, and those extra life levels go away after one hour per dot.

Right now all of them would heal like Bruised Damage (which they are), so the Bashing damage would heal pretty quick, maybe even before the extra ones go away. As for everything else, the ones burned aren't going to regenerate so he'd better do something about the lethal ones, or have a lot of quantum (or Mastery) to keep the stolen life.

To point out, however, when you Vamp Health, the person you stole it from does not regain it over time, the same way they do with attributes stolen with Q-Vamp. So why could you not apply it to healing damage already taken instead of gaining extra health levels?

Two Reasons:

1) Balance: Regeneration is already one of the strongest enhancements, and Healing is Q4. Q-Vamp is Q3 and you want it to both Heal AND Damage your foe?

Further, for all of the other "healing" type powers, it takes a point of quantum to heal a single life level. Here you could in theory (and probably in practice) suck 8 or so health levels from a baseline for 2 quantum.

2) Should one level of stolen bashing damage heal a level of Aggravated damage? We don't know because we have no rules for this, and we have no rules for this because that's not what the power does.

Suggestion: for a power that heals and harms at the same time, have Healing and some form of attack power linked together as a weakness to both. Like Healing + Quantum Bolt or Healing + Disintegration or Healing + Poison. Then maybe reduce the range of your attack power so it's Touch (or just closer range) and trade the weaknesses in to boost Healing or something. I dunno...

Archived