Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

For the record, I'd like to put Raider's big brain to use here and roll intelligence based on the info he has at present to decide which way he is leaning on the guilt issue.

(12:56:51) ChatBot: (Raider) rolls 6d10 and gets 6,10,9,9,3,4.

First die was the mega.

3 successes

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK here's the deal. We're going to work this through on a case by case strict rule basis. If you want to use Persuader it works like in the book and you roll and run roughshod over your companions (or the burn WP), likewise if Gregory wants to use trickster he can. I only ask that you guys be extra clear as to what your aims are when you are using these powers so that all players involved can RP accordingly. If this doesn't work out then we'll figured out something else.

Raider - not really sure what you want there, the issue of guilt isn't really one that can be assessed via raw intelligence, especially in this case, its an issue of moral and ethical concern. If you could clarify/specify what you want I will try to accommodate.

In the post before Gregory used Trickster, Gregory mentioned 'counseling' Doug and KB. I was alluding to a social attack by Gregory that would hopefully heal Doug and KB of their emotional damage. That attack is a mega-manipulation enhancement called 'Confessor'. Think of it as 'instant therapy', where the person spills their guts (confesses) but feels better at the end. Gregory's use of Trickster was nesessary to fool Doug into believeing he'd won the issue, at which time Gregoy would start in on him with Confessor.

That said, I now see that 12 hours at work have altered the whole conversation and I don't know if Confessor is necessary on Doug. (As he has done what Gregory wanted anyways- mwahaha!)Though KB probably still needs it.

anyways..Thoughts? Oncerns?

Jameson,

Based on the information that Raider has been exposed to, does he think the moonies are responsible, or does he have any sense that there might be others out there that could have done it. In otherwords using his knowledge and intellect what is he thinking about who might be guilty.

I was alluding to a social attack by Gregory that would hopefully heal Doug and KB of their emotional damage. That attack is a mega-manipulation enhancement called 'Confessor'. Think of it as 'instant therapy', where the person spills their guts (confesses) but feels better at the end.

Assume for the moment that you could remove all the hate that Doug feels through some mega-social magic (although with a nature change it's gone pretty far).

The affirmative case for nuking them isn't just "Doug wants revenge". There's also the matters of "justice" and "survival". These guys have committed three war crimes against us in a subjective week.

Doug *isn't* the person who put mass murder on the table, and he's not the person who is *keeping* it on the table.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Based on the information that Raider has been exposed to, does he think the moonies are responsible, or does he have any sense that there might be others out there that could have done it. In otherwords using his knowledge and intellect what is he thinking about who might be guilty.
I think you already called it right. York *might* have been able to do this, *if* they'd been looking into it, and they *might* have been smart enough to make a gadget and then stupid enough to use it. Of course if that were the case they're dead or insane now.

The moonies on the other hand definitely had the tech, the time, and it wouldn't have been *stupid* for them to use it. Brutal and nasty perhaps, but it matches some of their other actions.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Jameson,

OK I think I get what you want. Problem is that you simply have nowhere near enough information. A suspect is usually the person or persons with Means, Motive, and Opportunity. You have plenty to tell you that they have the last two, motive and opportunity, but you lack enough to make a judgement on Means. Since you don't know what happened let alone how it was done you really cannot determine who has means and who does not. Your sux on the roll are enough for you to realize all of this and to know that at this point you really need more information.

... that said I'm not saying that they did or didn't do it. I'm not saying that Doug isn't right about some of what he says (or wrong about other parts). I've ouched you all pretty far and pretty hard, now is the time to see how people react under the strain and pressure as much (if not more) and it is the time to see if you can "solve the riddle" or what have you.

Doug isn't going to reconsider, but Raider might. Raider is also the mega-int guy thinking about this and he's called for any ideas.

So if anyone has any OOC objections, and/or better plans, and/or reasons why this just purely won't work, now would be a good time to raise them and here would be a good point to put them.

Quote:
"I didn't get through to anyone South of that... but that's probably me, I didn't get down South very often. Same holds true for further East. I only knew one guy in Cuba and he's not responding. Since he's a nova I don't think he will."

OOC Note: Newborough is in Central Mass, there's no way you'd have gotten down to Cuba, the furthest south you have been is York which is in Penn.
Ah... Nova? I was assuming he came to me (hyper-swimming) rather than the other way around.

• 4 weeks later...

No, he's fine. We're going to run rules lite from here on out unless you all get into a combat situation. In this case I'm allowing Fox/Raider to do what needs to be done to keep the story moving since forcing him to rest in order to recharge would be an annoying case of rules getting in the way of story.

Well in that case... some of those sites are going to be within link range so it's not an 'either-or' type of thing.

Basically link range from here is all of North America according to Google Earth's ruler... including Mexico and Central.

Link works 4k km away from wherever Doug is.

That basically means all of North America from Canada to Central America (excluding parts of Western California and Western Canada).

Raider however can port outside that range so when he's in South America (or the Pacific) or high in orbit the link breaks.

yes.

Essentially I've confirmed that whatever happened happed on a scale large enought to effect the entire hemisphere ... another few jumps and Raider could confirm it at a global level (or not ... ;))

He's been gone for a while though, probably 2-3 hours and half that out of range of Doug's link. SO while the group likely knows what he's found its a matter of how to proceed ...

Hey guys.

Starting on Thursday, August 6th, I will be leaving for my annual drill with my Army reserve unit. I will be return the 28th of August and unless I manage to get my hands on a computer with internet service, I will be unable to post.

ST's: please take control of my characters until I return or announce I have access to a puter.

Thanks- B

ok folks, being as we're at 8 pages I am going to have the jump to the Chinese city kick off a new chapter which god willing will be the last chapter (I say that because I am running out of titles :P)

I have no clue where we all are for Exp but I'm going to award a flat 20 Exp and call it a day, enjoy laugh

please get your spends to me by the 14th (Gregory you are exempt during your abscence)

Thanks for the XP. I'm still checking my options but I suppose I'll get myself Healing 4 with XP and then I have to find something appealing if I take Taint - on that matter I'd like to know if you assign Aberrations to us or if we pick them ourselves?

I'm too stupid to read. Sorry.

I can't seem to find where the recent exp awards are given. They're not in the threads...I don't have any PM's that give exp for this game...and there's no Exp tracking thread.

I -know- I'm going to hate myself when I find out, but I'm at a loss right now.

Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)
ok folks, being as we're at 8 pages I am going to have the jump to the Chinese city kick off a new chapter which god willing will be the last chapter (I say that because I am running out of titles :P)

I have no clue where we all are for Exp but I'm going to award a flat 20 Exp and call it a day, enjoy laugh

please get your spends to me by the 14th (Gregory you are exempt during your abscence)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived