Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now for something completely different ...

OK we've been in the game for just about a week but since volume has been high I figure I can go ahead and ask this:

How am I doing?

Please feel free to answer honestly, pm me if you would prefer I won't mind. Basically it has been quite a long time since I have GMed a game and I have never GMed in a PBP style game so I am looking to see if there are any problems, comments, suggestions ... that and I'm fishing for compliments wink:P

But seriously though I do want to know what you all think so far.

thanks

My dice are cold like a glacier for you as a group so far. Buzz only rolled 2 successes on his Disrupt (with Willpower) which Mr Tentacle was able to overcome with a Q+Node roll. Buzz BOTCHED his command roll but the Commanding Prescence and Willpower were able to bring that to a total of 3 which was resisted. Further Gregory only scored 2 successes which were also resisted with an opposed Manipulation+Subterfuge roll.

On the plus side Raider was able to retrieve something from the craft...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Raphael Bradford:
OK we've been in the game for just about a week but since volume has been high I figure I can go ahead and ask this:

How am I doing?
I am withholding my response depending on how much XP I get for this story arc. wink

Just kidding, it's pretty interesting so far.

Any time you guys use a power for something which is basically non-critical I am prettymuch allowing auto success, where you were planning to go back to town and basically into potential downtime you can assume that things like a warp home, and similar power rolls will not be needed.

There are certainly plenty of people in the know in the city. Keep in mind that trade with outlying communities happens in Newborough more often than not. Many of the people in the city who engage in trade are also information brokers after a fashion.

.... this assumes you ask the right questions and sometimes grease a few palms.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gregory:
Depending on whether the man is a baseline or Nova, Gregory will be dormed. Nova=not dormed, baseline=dormed. He will ping with his node for a quantum signature before hand.
He is a baseline and as such you'll be dormed down per your request.

Sorry for not mentioning this before. Doug is going to continue to sleep. He burned through a LOT of juice, while I'd like to be up and about I don't see a choice for it. I'm willing to function on half a pool as he's very quantum efficient, but he's way below that so them's the breaks.

I kinda assumed that was the case if my math was right you were down at least 15 Q in the space of about 30 minutes.

An FYI to all of you, in order to try and maintain the pace I'm pretty much going to try and post every morning first thing (around 8 am EST) and again in the evening between 9-11 pm EST. Weekends are a crap shoot I could be busy and post only once or I could be bored silly and post whenever the group has given me enough to work with. I will ALWAYS let you guys know if I am going to unable to post as normally (as will be the case the week of Thanksgiving); I (and I'm sure the others) will appreciate the same courtesy.

I will generally try and wait to get a response from everybody before posting. In cases where you are performing a long term sustained action I will continue said action for you if you do not post (i.e. sleeping, long repair jobs, boring Wall duty, etc.).

If he man does give infor or is willing to sell weaponry for the info, I will open the Psychic link to Courier and have him begin relaying information about the crash site and what it was we saw (I will not mention the tentacled one). Courier will not be told what Greg needs the info for, unless specifically asked. Gregory will just ask him to relay what info they have on the device to him. Gregory will then relay the info to the man.

Also, if possible, would knowlege of where the object crashed be located on a map. That can verify the truth of the info, if they want to see if Gregory is lying.

Archived