Long term character goals.

Dreamer

I am going to list a few goals that may or may not be strickly canon.

Dreamer is going to be starting/founding aniti Utopian policlubs.

Selling Heavy water,or machines that it takes to make it to Spain.

Using her powers she will start riots in major cities and very media intense places. The theme will ironically enough mainly be anti-nova.

Vanguard is going over the deep end, and will eventually start hunting other teragen members and killing them.

Before this will be the knight of the long knives. His son will be killed. He will disavow the movement and claim they all lost their way.

Other plot line info will be coming shortly.

As for why I am posting this here, well it is simple I am posting it in the public so that no one can say I didn't warn them.

Well, I don't see how the policlubs would be a big deal. Heavy water I don't know enough about to really have an opinion. How is it created? Starting riots sounds kinda iffy to me though. How big? How many? And killing other Teragen members, well, I guess if you make up NPCs you can kill them. They're your NPCs. But PCs and canon characters those would be kind of out of bounds wouldn't they? And if you make up enough NPCs so that when you kill them it looks like you've just whacked the majority or even a significant portion of the Teragen wouldn't you be basically killing off the Teragen as a group?

And writing that "no one can say I didn't warn them" really kind of has an omnious, aggro feel to it.

Dreamer, are you prepared for this to be traced back to you?

Would you allow these actions to directly impact other novas' lives?

It is almost inevitable that some novas realize there is another nova behind it and start backtracking that nova. How are you prepared to deal with that?

What, from the perspective of this forum, does Vanguard's actions have?

What would you think about a hue and cry for "Big Terats", including some of the Major NPC's, coming after you?

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/sno/D2O.html A little link about heavy water, not the best link int he world but the first one I got so,there.

Well, the scale of the riots and such would up for debate..One thing would be clear is she is planing a major one around the UN building.

Would dreamer be traced by other novas. Sure, would they trace her fast enough to stop her before doing a lot of damage, I don't know. Besides that who would want to hurt her?

Vanguard is going to kill a few. the main thing he will do is tell the world many of the teragen's secrets. How would it change the board, that is something I can't really say. I don't control other players. Now do I?As for hunting Vanguard down, that would be an interesting story line, one that would have to have a lot details I don't know as of now.

I'd say you should watch out for sphinxs that would not appreciate you messing around with their stuff. Or being treated like another person in the game, hence becoming fair game. Who knows, it might even give you a fun character arc to have Dreamer being accosted by devious, hyperintelligent, and experienced novas.

Vanguard is going to kill a few. the main thing he will do is tell the world many of the teragen's secrets.

and

I'd say you should watch out for sphinxs that would not appreciate you messing around with their stuff. Or being treated like another person in the game, hence becoming fair game.

Santiago/The Mathematician might have something to say about this before it happens.

It occurs to me that while Vanguard may know the Teragen, he obviously has little understanding of Mal and lacks an underlying rationale for his own actions. Or at least you haven't provide one yet. Perhaps he merely has a malfunctioning survival mechanism as this seems little more than a messy form of suicide.

Beyond that; the "secrets" of the Teragen that are meaningful without a mentor to assist in their application are really quite minor.

What do you think a nova with a high mega manipulation, and the desire not be made into an idol do? He has in a few posts stated his MO. Hell he even has stated his reason for not liking most of the other teragen. By the way he fully understand the effect f his action, he just isn't going for the same goal as you.

Not all the secret of the teragen are locked away in ideas. He knows names, and places., he knows who is really in charge. Who looks to who else. Chrystliss is not the only damning thing he knows of.

Go on try to hunt him down. He disappeared off everyone's radar for over 7 years, it is not like he doesn't know how to hide.

And Ashnod, Singularity was talking about Dreamer. Sphinx are great with mental problems but not really good when deal with stopping a nova who is not interested in peace,money, power, friendship, or the safety of others. When someone has nothing to lose, words are pointless.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Not all the secret of the teragen are locked away in ideas. He knows names, and places.
Again, minor matters.

On another note; it truly vexes me to ponder how many people here find it easier to destroy a thing, using the most specious of reasoning to mask their inability to do something of cooperative importance, and are then surprised they've done so little of value.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:

And Ashnod, Singularity was talking about Dreamer. Sphinx are great with mental problems but not really good when deal with stopping a nova who is not interested in peace,money, power, friendship, or the safety of others. When someone has nothing to lose, words are pointless.
You have no clue what I was saying.

Just frickin' forget it.

Sphinx are great with mental problems but not really good when deal with stopping a nova who is not interested in peace,money, power, friendship, or the safety of others. When someone has nothing to lose, words are pointless.

And they realize this so they find out all your strengths, weaknesses, hiding places, and

1) Drop a dime on you to T2M.

2) Drop a dime on you to the NV.

3) Hire "T" to kill you.

4) All of the above.

Not to mention Divas Mal's reactin to someone interfering with his experiment. I am sorry, Dreamer. Its just obvious you really have little understanding of what the teragen is.

If you take away nothing else, please take away this; the Teragen is not the brotherhood of evil mutants with a better publicist.

We're already getting that blank stare.

Psimon you are right, they are transcendentalists minus the hippies but with super powers, strong and tendasies to be raciest.

Mal is not a hands on leader. He rarely does anything himself and rarely takes part in ditercted actions. He has four canonical actions that set in stone. Seeing as that one of them is about forty years from the game time, and the story would start after the last of the third one. I do not see your point in saying that he would hunt down Vanguard. He has let worse things happen without doing anything to stop them.

If you want to hear Vanguard's take on the teras, just ask I will answer you in private. By the way that offer of blank stares was only offered to Ashnod.

Please understand that the Teragen book is written for immedietely after Mal gets out of a reletively long Chrysalis. Him stomping the living shit out of Pax is pretty much the only thing he has a chance to do. Other books produced at later dates and focusing on later years focused on other areas of the Aberrant universe. Don't assume that since Mal has nothing written about him is because he wouldn't have done anything, merely that he got early focus, then the books moved on then the game stopped getting published before further WorldWides or Year:Ten, 20 etc could be written.

He rarely does anything himself and rarely takes part in ditercted actions. He has four canonical actions that set in stone.

One of which is him having anyone who might take the Teragen in a direction he doesn't like murdered in the NOLK (Night of Long Knives). NOLK is coming up, which means one of Mal's active phases is coming up, which means this might not be the best time to challenge the direction the Teragen is going.

Mal is not a hands on leader.

Mal is so bad at leadership I'm really not sure he even deserves the title.

Which kind of brings us to this point. He might notice/disapprove of your war with the Teragen enough to do something about it. He might not. If he does disapprove/notice then, zap, you are dead.

Even aside from that, the Teragen has a number of Q6 novas and they are shortly going to be more organized than in 2008. Worse, we know in cannon that they effectly "win" the abby war (from some view points), or at a bare minimum we know they are going to still be around.

Well, short term, at least within a 5 year timespan, Sakurako will be just keeping on the way she's been. She'll work on a few projects, try to save some lives, and whatever else happens happens here.

After that, things get sorta blurry.

Sakurako being independent as she is, would be quite troublesome. Being an idealist, if she slipped to the Teragen, the NOLK would claim her. Because she might be too soft. If she slipped towards Utopia, it would be guaranteed she would eventually be involved in the Aberrant war.

But, more than likely she would further and further try to isolate herself from all sides, as she realizes there is more and more to clean up after all sides butt heads.

About 15 to 20 years from now, She would be starting to make plans on leaving Earth, and would probably join the Exodus to Eden. That is if she is not killed or Taint doesn't claim her.

Troll's long term goal: To cure taint.

My long term goals for him, other than raising his kid, Troll should be coming out with some drugs that at least make the effort to "treat" taint. Utopia has spent lots of time, money, and effort on this. I'd think they'd get something to show for it sometime soon.

And yes, I know. Taint isn't cureable. But not "cureable" and "no treatment at all" aren't the same things.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer 'Dervish' Parks:
Bingo, Carver!

And as for Dreamer starting anti-Utopian riots, I can guarantee that Synergy, my T2M emotion-absorber and uber-empath, would be sent in to quell them and find the cause.

Just warning you. smile
Oh you that would ironically easily be spun into bad PR for Utopia.

Quote:
Originally posted by Preston:
And she would not be alone in that hunt, especially if the riots were within the United States. Preston would have to choke back some bile to work with Utopians, but the safety of the populace comes first.
And within the US boarders Preston would be in a pinch. Because his visions would in no way be amissable in courts of law. Further more, I don't recall him having any Jurisdiction in either New York City , nor the Federal District of Columbia. The only cities that would important enough with the US to have even the slightest hint of dreamer's hand at work.

True there are other major cities with the US, they aren't as important as some cities else where.

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklin 'Singularity' Alden:
*sigh* I just love laymen experts of law. It makes my efforts seem just so useless because any schmoe off the street intuitively understands stuff like due process.
Then do enlighten us...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
Because his visions would in no way be amissable in courts of law.
In this you are incorrect. Per Underworld (a book epublished by WW and 100% canon) Utopia was allowed to use telepathy and other nova powers to collect evidence and that evidence was allowed in a court of law. Hence why Utopia was able to smash organized crime so easily in the begining.

Quote:
Then do enlighten us...
How about we're not only uncertain what would be admissible and what isn't in the world of Aberrant, but that what Preston is talking about might not have anything at all to do with admissibility or jurisdiction.

Quote:
Originally posted by James 'Prodigy' Meehan:
Quote:
Because his visions would in no way be amissable in courts of law.
In this you are incorrect. Per Underworld (a book epublished by WW and 100% canon) Utopia was allowed to use telepathy and other nova powers to collect evidence and that evidence was allowed in a court of law. Hence why Utopia was able to smash organized crime so easily in the begining.
That is great, evidence that can be summed up as hear say at best. Recognize aren't trusted with stopping crimes before they happen, and those wealthy enough can get precogs of their own. No one can say what one is right or wrong.

Mind reading is clearly unconditional. It goes right against the right to not increamanite one's self.

Now, this is not the case in all countries, just the US of A.

The real trick with the Underworld book is that T2M was operating as private citizens, who are less restricted by the Constitution in searches. Had the T2M been police officers instead then we'd be definitely looking at a violation of the 5th Amendment. But since they weren't the evidence was admissible.

I should also note that Underworld also talked about how PU used Mega-Intelligent novas to piece apart the vast network of false holdings used by the Mafia, providing even more damning evidence that probably would've convicted the mobsters without the telepathic evidence.

Synergy is a telempath with Empathic Manipulation 5 with the MIRV extra, Mega-Mentals and Mega-Charisma at 5, her other Mega-Socials at 2, and just about every allowable Mega-Perception and emotion-related enhancement out there. She also has Pretercognition based on emotions, touch-range and the past - psychometry, to be honest. She is Quantum 5 and has been a nova since 1998 with veteran experience in her powers.

I'm not doing the gamer's equivalent of penis-waving here, but all she'd have to do is follow the emotional surges until they're strongest, use Quantum Attunement, and find the source of the trouble. Even if Dreamer somehow escapes, Synergy usually can gain enough information and her quantum signature to track her, probably with someone like Preston.

I'm not saying don't go through with this, but what I am saying is that there's no way in Hades you won't be able to escape without consequences. It'd be nothing more than twinkery, otherwise.

Well, there is such a thing as Interpol, the presidence set by Project Utopia's previous involvements in crimes, and the fact that multiple novas would be involved.

Preston can use his visions to pursue a case and let other novas make it fit. He is a cop, but he can, and most likely would, be ordered to cooperate with other legal authorities. He does not like PU, but he will work with them.

A big thing to consider is that even if Dreamer beats the wrap, she is probably wanted dead by multiple novas. At her worst, Dreamer is encouraging novas to work outside the law to bring her down. That can get really messy.

Sounds like a long drawn out suicide to me. Since that's what you're effectively describing for Vanguard, why are you having difficutly envisioning it happening?

There are those that want to take things down with them when they go. Vanguard's success in this regard will be limited. Not "non-existent" but limited. Now what's your point?

Quote:
Originally posted by Psimon:
Sounds like a long drawn out suicide to me. Since that's what you're effectively describing for Vanguard, why are you having difficutly envisioning it happening?

There are those that want to take things down with them when they go. Vanguard's success in this regard will be limited. Not "non-existent" but limited. Now what's your point?
Just remember everyone lives happily ever after. They always over come the bad guys. They never die with their work left undone. No one ever loses a loved one without reason.

My point is that no everyone is a good guy. Not everyone is nice. Not everyone looks out into the world and agrees that this or that would make the world a better place.

Dreamer looks out into the world and see Utopia playing big brother, and forcing change on the world. She sees Utopia is not prefect and should have no legal right to tell her to shit. At least no more than any cooperation.

Vanguard looks out into the world and sees the tereagen breaking the rules they themselves made. He see the children act as if making your own rules means having no rules. He sees that some of them care more about your decoder ring than what you do. He sees them killing their brothers and sisters and needing to put down before they could do more harm.

No group in humanity has ever been wholly good or evil. It is just imposable . The bigger the group is, the more gray you will get. In this case neither Dreamer nor Vanguard are heroes or villains. They are cause-heads. They believe in what they are doing. They know they are right, and that is what makes them dangerous.

Archived