Aberrant RPG - An Opinion Poll #1

Jager

Who do you think Jager is?

What do you think of Jager?

What, if anything, do you like about the character?

What, if anything do you hate about the character? What, if anything, could he do about it to?

Do you feel that Jager contributes to the 'fun' on the boards?

What, if anything, would you like to see happen to Jager?

You know, that's a little closed, dontcha think?

But:

Jager is: A nova who's been around a loooooong time, is currently doing many odd jobs, and is seriously paranoid (which in the Aberrant Universe, is not an entirely bad thing...

I think: Jager is practically an institution. Characters seem to come and go, but for the most part, Jager has always been there. He was involved in what is still the longest by far N! Prime Epic, On Wizard's Watch, has multiple interactions with others, and hell, possibly saved Alex McKenzie's Sanity. He is, for the most part, the one person on the board with more history than anyone else still posting, with the possible exception of Jordan Rossi.

I like: Jager's, well, multiplicity. There are so many facets to his personality, that it's easy for him to be, well, in any conversation.

I hate: Very little laugh. One of the things that right now I'm disliking is the whole Jager/Avenger thing. It's starting to move along the same lines as the old Ranger/Avenger threads, and that got old real quickly. Not that I'm saying have them kiss and make up, but as an observer, I'd be happy if this side of the two personalities got downplayed a little.

Does he? Yes, I think that Jager does contribute to the fun, but mostly because he has that historical feel to him. As I said, he's been around since forever, and he has a lot of baggage. He also seems to be everywhere...

I'd like to see: More of Jager's past revealed. It adds to the mystique of him, but a sort of "Who Am I?" for Jager would be immensely fun (if a little confusing...)

Once this one is done, though, I intend to start up a Poll that's a little more, well, open...

I think Jager is what he is presented as. Black Ops veteran, developed a consciense in the last couple of years and has tried to change. Sure of himself and quietly arrogant. Pretty sure he has the right answers, but doesn't force them down peoples throats. Really, really wants to be liked and is a little disturbed when he isn't. Same thing with respect.

I like him, to be honest. He has an interesting set of opinions, though I wish he'd show more backbone sometimes, that whole 'wants to be liked' thing. I for one like him facing down Avenger. This is a game for chrissakes, I see no problems with posters getting into knockdown drag out bitchfests, so long as it is character driven. If it gets OOC, thats a problem.

What don't I like? Hmmmm, a tendency to go for the conspiracy theory. But this is mostly a point of view difference. To me, conspiracies involving pre-Galatea novas and cooperations amongst DeVrey, the Directive and Utopia to create wars to cull Novas is just a little out there. Personal opinion onl here.

What can be done about him? Well, this isn't what can be done about the character so much as to how you view him. My character, Prodigy is an elitist prick. Ashnod raked me over the coals about Teragen philosophy and rightly so, as far as interpretation goes, she was mostly right. But I don't have a problem with that. I ,as his writer, acknowledge that Prodigy is wrong. His flaws do not personally reflect on me or my opinion of myself. Prodigy is an artificial construct and his flaws are artificial, so I enjoy them as much as I enjoy his good points. That being said, Jager has been wrong in some of his posts. Jack Chance came up with some particularly telling arguments and I got the feeling that Jager being bested got to you personally. If I am wrong, I apologize. I just think you ought to have Jager stick to his guns and let him be wrong, and proudly. He is badass with a shitload of experience. He should have told Chance to go fuck himself and stuck to his guns. He'd have been wrong, but I'd have had more respect for him.

Do I think he adds to the fun? Shit yes. He is great at helping to pull new people into our little world. He interacts with out interfering for the most part and I love him for that. He is the one that made me start posting more often, he pulled me in. He, to me, is the history of the board. He also has some cool interpretations of some of the other posters. His fascination and respect of Wizard was kewl. His admiration yet stubborn refusal to bow down to Ashnod I've always enjoyed. Hell, I love the way he treats Prodigy, like a really smart rattlesnake, treat him gently, throw him some praise and all might be well, but, just in case, let's be ready to blow his ass away.

That help?

Oh yeah, what do I want to see happen? Well, I think the ol boy needs to get laid. But again, thats just a personal opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all: I have been a lurker here for a month and a half. I visited many times before that but didn't bother to read much on the boards. I have tried to read everything these last few weeks but I must assume I have missed a lot.

Since I haven't been here very long and I have contributed very little, I'm loathe to impose my views on anyone, but you did ask for it, and you haven't been given much yet, so I will answer some of the questions:

I think you have taken a cliche and done something interesting out of it.

I think you should put that 'e' back in Jaeger.

Storywise I would like to see some of the much-mentioned-but-never-seen team that J has put together.

I would like to see: JAGER ABROAD! Come up with a cool place, learn about it and extrapolate it to the near nova future. Put J in the middle of such a place and have him wondering what the heck is going on! Or something different, what I aim at is exotic places!

Thinking about such things, I stumbled upon the idea of a split personality! Handled right it could make a great story!

Perhaps a few flashbacks would be a good way of subtly revealing more of his mysterious past?

I have no idea if this is the kind of answers you wanted, I know I wouldn't like such explicit suggestions myself(even if I thought they were good ones), but this is what you get from me :P

I would also like to see J's current stats, not only what he started out with.

Jager does contribute to the fun of these boards.

I've been wondering if you post under any other names, as some of the others obviously do. After reading through the many posts on the different boards I would say that you cannot have had the time, but I may be wrong. As a result of reading many posts in a short time, I've seen a lot of Jager. If you ask your questions because you're growing tired of him, I would understand it, but I hope you won't retire him permanently. I also hope I'm wrong about this.

Like others have already said, Jager is a big piece in the jigzaw of Nprime!

First of all: I have been a lurker here for a month and a half. I visited many times before that but didn't bother to read much on the boards. I have tried to read everything these last few weeks but I must assume I have missed a lot.

Since I haven't been here very long and I have contributed very little, I'm loathe to impose my views on anyone, but you did ask for it, and you haven't been given much yet, so I will answer some of the questions:

I think you have taken a cliche and done something interesting out of it.

I think you should put that 'e' back in Jaeger.

Storywise I would like to see some of the much-mentioned-but-never-seen team that J has put together.

I would like to see: JAGER ABROAD! Come up with a cool place, learn about it and extrapolate it to the near nova future. Put J in the middle of such a place and have him wondering what the heck is going on! Or something different, what I aim at is exotic places!

Thinking about such things, I stumbled upon the idea of a split personality! Handled right it could make a great story!

Perhaps a few flashbacks would be a good way of subtly revealing more of his mysterious past?

I have no idea if this is the kind of answers you wanted, I know I wouldn't like such explicit suggestions myself(even if I thought they were good ones), but this is what you get from me :P

I would also like to see J's current stats, not only what he started out with.

Jager does contribute to the fun of these boards.

I've been wondering if you post under any other names, as some of the others obviously do. After reading through the many posts on the different boards I would say that you cannot have had the time, but I may be wrong. As a result of reading many posts in a short time, I've seen a lot of Jager. If you ask your questions because you're growing tired of him, I would understand it, but I hope you won't retire him permanently. I also hope I'm wrong about this.

Like others have already said, Jager is a big piece in the jigzaw of Nprime!

While you should have no way of knowing this, I am writing about Jager and his team, though not in a 'good' way. Jager did something stupid and he is getting smacked for it by the Teragen.

Jager abroad.

You think he is a cliched now? Wait.

Jager is a time traveler from an alternat future. Been done to death, you say?

Its very simple. Jager becomes Jaeger when he is mentally prepared to kill again. Until then, he's plain ole Jager. It's not a split personality, just a self-analysis thing.

Have you read Awakenings?

Jager's stats...I'll think about it, but I'm not sure its necessary.

Yes, I have posted under other names. For instance, I was Costas. I just wish I hadn't driven him off into the abyss. He could have been an interesting, if dark and horrid, persona.

I have read your latest Vignette, hope that's what you mean. I enjoyed it although it gave me a few 'hey, whats going on here?'s. I have faith that you will resolve most of it in a way I can understand, and still leave some of it dangling of course.

When Jager 'slips' through time, he loses power and memories. Not the actual facts, but the emotions and "clarity" of the events, if you know what I mean. The longer he stays in one place, the more he remembers and the more powerful he becomes.

A note on Jager, he can not express his quantum abilities beyond himself or something he can touch.

Have you read MJ Strazinski's "Rising Stars"?

Jager is 'designed' around killing other novas, not mass devestation. Instinctually, he is drawn to it. Considering novas are the only people he can really relate to, he can often be conflicted.

Also, he erupted in his mother's womb, so he has no memories of being 'normal'. His single mother did a good job of raising him (I hope).

A note on Jager, he can not express his quantum abilities beyond himself or something he can touch.

Can he learn to? Is it a mental limit or a quantum limit?

I quit reading comics a few months before it appeared. I've heard lots of good things about it and read a little about it on internet. it seems pretty interesting but not all that different, although I haven't actually read it. Nowadays I reread my French and Spannish comics, what few I have.

Does anyone here read the Meta-barons comic? If so what do you think about it? I have it in French which is great since it's in hardback and the pages are twice as big but it's a slow and painful read (French).

Can he learn to? Is it a mental limit or a quantum limit?

I quit reading comics a few months before it appeared. I've heard lots of good things about it and read a little about it on internet. it seems pretty interesting but not all that different, although I haven't actually read it. Nowadays I reread my French and Spannish comics, what few I have.

Does anyone here read the Meta-barons comic? If so what do you think about it? I have it in French which is great since it's in hardback and the pages are twice as big but it's a slow and painful read (French).

I have heard of the Meta-barons in "Heavy Metal" magazine.

Jager's limitation is mental. In recent weeks, and when he 'pushes' it, he has shared powers with people he is touching. An area effect Precognative vision can be a trip for the uninitiated.

Archived