Star Wars: Enemies of the Empire - Unexpected Allies

Noir

Arcata spread her hands in a shrug.

"I don't know what you expect most of us to do against something like what you describe. Sola could be of use, I suppose." She smiled. "The rest of us have nothing but the feeble collusion of flesh, blood and energy blasts. What good is any of that against rampaging spirits?"

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Don't know about the spirit, but her.... what? Friend? Servant? Slave? Seems to be solid enough. Few enough things appreciate having a Vibroknife applied vigorously to their person."

He shrugs

"That being said, I actually agree with Arcata here. As it is, returning with more people right now is just going to result in most of us being slaughtered. Sola Be, despite appearances to the contrary, is injured. She was knocked out doing something comparatively simple, albeit on a grander scale than most see in their lifetime. Putting her into a duel with an Ancient Sith spirit just seems like assisted murder from where I'm sitting."

He toys with the edge of his glass for a moment

"Not that I mean any offence to you, Sola Be, but given what you've said, it seems like something that might very well kill you. What we need is time to prepare and learn and then plan. This thing has been going on since at least the fall of the Temple, so we probably have a bit of breathing room to prepare."

Brant's brows lifted his smile flashed a little brighter at Zaylee's acceptance of his offer.

"Well, in that case, I would be remiss if I didn't help a lady out. I am certain I could secure a walker that would fulfill you needs." Brant said and took a big swing of his drink.

"After all, fulfilling needs of beautiful women is a specialty of mine." he said with a wink.

Sola Be raised her hand and and slowly lowered it, palm down, toward the table, urging a pause. She looked to Kayda and gave her a nod with a slow blink of her large eyes, a gesture which Kayda would become familiar with in time.

"You will return to Tarnoss, but not now and not alone. With it patrolled and guarded by pirates, it would take some effort to right through and reach the planet. Stealth is another approach, but even still, reaching the planet is all for naught if you are not properly equipped to deal with dangers there. I will teach you. You must complete your training, for only a fully trained Jedi, with the force as his ally, have a chance against such a foe. You said that Abhora was being aided by a woman, so it will take at least the pair of you," she gestured to Kayda and Glint, "to confront them and put and end to her scheme. You cannot let your own fears or attachments cloud your judgement. To return, unprepared, would likely mean providing her more bodies for machine or sorcery." Sola Be explained and urged calmly.

Kayda sighs thinking about her master,  Otoka Bis, trapped in the clutches of the Sith and swirls her drink in her glass but in the end she nods.

"Yes, Sola Be, you are right. Running off only half prepared would just be inviting further disaster.

If you will train me I will be your student."

"I can't do much to help with energy forces or strange powers," Arcata noted, "But I may be of some assistance in your training. You may want to be familiar with more weapons than a sword made of light. I graduated at the top of my class in marksmanship, and had high rank in hand to hand combat as well. If nothing else, I offer my services as a sparring opponent."

Glint perked up at that, looking visibly interested.

"I would appreciate that. It's been a long time since I've had someone to practice against. It's also an excellent idea, Kayda. I'd recommend picking up some hand to hand or Marksmanship just in case your Saber is lost or destroyed somehow. I have some talent for hand to hand that I would gladly offer."

"That is a very convenient talent to have when one happens to be a beautiful woman," Zaylee replied with a wink of her own. She tilted her chin to an angle of exaggerated, feigned arrogance and waved her hand in an aristocratic fashion. "Fortunately, I am a beautiful woman and am fond of possessing a besotted servant who will cater to my every whim."

She giggled, showing how serious she was about her comment then reached across the table to give his hand a pat. "But I do appreciate the offer and will take you up on it." She took a sip of her drink as she glanced towards the others speaking with Sola Be. She turned back to Brant tilting her head in their direction. "They seem occupied for the moment. How 'bout we leave Gra to keep them out of trouble and we go see about acquiring that walker? I'd like to get this cargo delivered as soon as possible so I only have my ship to take care of."

Zaylee paused to give Brant a frank and blatant once-over and amended, "Mostly only my ship to take care of."

• 2 weeks later...

~ Interdictor-Class Star Destroyer, "The Emperor's Grasp" ~

"Inquisitor Cynnis."

"Yes, Captain?"

"A priority message has come through. You are commanded to make contact wi-"

"I am growing tired of Tremayne interfering with my investigations."

"M'Lady. It's not from High Inquisitor Tremayne."

Cynnis could see the unease and hint of fear in the Captain's face.

"It's.. Well.. It's from Lord Vader..."

Cynnis' eyes widened.

*Ohhhhh kuuurrrr.... Ohhhhh kuuurrrr....* The sound was ominous and the first thing that came across the channel as Inquisitor Cynis knelt on the small, circular platform, and continued faintly in the background...

"Inquisitor Cynnis. You have been a most dedicated and successful Inquisitor, and yet it has come to my attention that you seem to be having difficulties  as of late."

"No, Lord Vader. Just minor set backs."

"First, this Otoka Bis managed to evade your grasp. As I understood it, his capture was assured."

"Yes M'Lord. It wa-"

"And now another Jedi has escaped from your custody, stolen an Imperial craft and evaded recapture at your own hands."

"Well, y-yes Lord Va-"

"You then resort to bringing in bounty hunters, and even they are thwarted."

"It wa-"

"So tell me then, Inquisitor, is there a Rebel informant among your crew, or is this just newfound incompetence?"

"Neither Lord Vader. I assure you. They escaped, but shall not evade me for long."

"See that they don't."

The hologram vanished and Cynis rose to her feet once more, breathing deeply to calm herself as she wiped some sweat from her brow.

"Make your threats now, Vader, for soon I will be the one threatening you." she muttered to herself.

• 4 weeks later...

Having informed Gra of their plans, Zaylee and Brant departed leaving the rest to enjoy their drinks and food. It was not long after that Sola Be suggested they retire back to the ship to speak more freely and possibly begin some degree of training. In agreement, the Table rose and returned to the spaceport with Gra in tow. Mar gave Tubby some credits to go and buy supplemental items for the ships stores while he gave the ship another once over, noting systems to be repaired and roughly prioritizing them.

Sola Be, her students and Arcata retired to the now-emptied cargo bay to talk some more. Sola Be was very open about her The Force and own experience. She was a difficult read, due to the lack of major expressions she made, but in time those who spend the effort could begin to pick up on much more subtle expressions of her species.

Brant, proving to be a man of his word, managed to.. acquire.. a small, two-legged transport walker for a short while, along with a loading droid. In no time the cargo was loaded and on it's way to be delivered. Brant piloted the walker, but also gave Zaylee some instruction along the way, giving her a chance to drive as he leaned over her to give more personal instruction, of course. All in all it was a pleasant enough trip. The humidity was certainly higher than Zaylee was used to, but the cool climate made it somewhat enjoyable, and the planet was beautiful. Lush and green, teeming with life.

By dusk the pair had delivered the cargo, returned the walker, and strolled into the small spaceport. It felt good to Zaylee to deliver some cargo once again and now have extra credits in hand for her effort. The job had been quick, wasn't even a detour from their destination, and she had Brant's flirtatious company for the last bit. All in all, it was a good day, and going to be capped off with a better night for Zaylee as well...

Over the next couple of weeks the crew set about making repairs to the ship. Those without experience aided those that did, with the Mon Calamari helping with the more difficult systems. Thankfully, as it was a ship of their species' manufacture, Umik had a line on some spare parts which certainly aided in repairs. Day by day the ship was slowly recovering from it's last battle and and all the time spent untouched and overgrown. It might not be the Endless Odyssey, but it was a good ship, of Mon Cal design and a ship that Zaylee could call her own. 

Spoiler

This concludes the intro story. Thank you for sticking with me through it all.

I have awarded CP (XP) in the CP Thread. CLICK HERE to go to it.

You can spend CP now, just make sure to list your expenditures either in that thread or a PM for me to look over. If you have ay questions, I'm here. Thanks again everybody.

Archived