Scion: Living Legends - New Scion Game

Dave ST

Damnable Internet has been 30-seccond intermitent for almost a week. Gonna get that sheet in, but it's gonna be a photo finish. I'll understand if that's undesirable in a PBP game, but still gotta try. So few PBP scion games ever happen, and the internet on my island is too intermittent to play skype/irc games.

Preview: Adopted scion of Quetzalcoátl. His birth father (Baldur) disowned him under the norse tradition of wyrd because the divine beauty in his blood manifested as a divinely ugly birth defect. That same birth defect, however, happened to be a sign of Quetzalcoátl's favor to a particular mezo tribe. Managed to half-overcome being deformed and different trough athletics, but still has a chip on his shoulder.

Damnable Internet has been 30-seccond intermitent for almost a week. Gonna get that sheet in, but it's gonna be a photo finish. I'll understand if that's undesirable in a PBP game, but still gotta try. So few PBP scion games ever happen, and the internet on my island is too intermittent to play skype/irc games.

Preview: Adopted scion of Quetzalcoátl. His birth father (Baldur) disowned him under the norse tradition of wyrd because the divine beauty in his blood manifested as a divinely ugly birth defect. That same birth defect, however, happened to be a sign of Quetzalcoátl's favor to a particular mezo tribe. Managed to half-overcome being deformed and different trough athletics, but still has a chip on his shoulder.

Out of curiosity, how do you feel the concept of wyrd relates to Baldur disowning his scion? I'm probably just missing a connection somewhere.

a: The internet here is only bad during certain seasons (wet, muggy, stormy season.)

b: I was talking about the aspect of Wyrd in which the internal spiritual strength and nobility is reflected in the physical perfection of a man. It's old, even by Norse standards, but I figured that Baldur would have a soft spot for that aspect of the tradition, being the most beautiful of the Aesir.

And I got it in, with 23 minutes to spare by east coast standards. Again, this weather and subsequent internet connection can't last forever.

a: The internet here is only bad during certain seasons (wet, muggy, stormy season.)

b: I was talking about the aspect of Wyrd in which the internal spiritual strength and nobility is reflected in the physical perfection of a man. It's old, even by Norse standards, but I figured that Baldur would have a soft spot for that aspect of the tradition, being the most beautiful of the Aesir.

And I got it in, with 23 minutes to spare by east coast standards. Again, this weather and subsequent internet connection can't last forever.

I have never heard of this association, and I'm not able to find any resources linking the concept of wyrd with physical perfection or internal spiritual strength. Could you recommend the sources you used?

A rant from a history professor my junior year of college about one of the kings of Norway Harald Fairhair from Dr Bastien at Clark University. Also, Baldur might just be an asshole about looks... the Aesir are kind of dicks... well nearly all the gods are sort of dicks.

,, ,,

Edit: now that I think about it he was an English professor, but he sure talked a lot about history... it's been a while.

Well, for those who haven't heard, a deer ran out in front of me last night and decided to rework the entire front end of our car. That has left us with no vehicle to get to and from work so I'm a bit on edge.

That said I've gone through the submissions and I've decided on 4 characters. I wish I could say 5 or even 6, but at the moment I think I'm going to go with 4 to help keep my stress levels down until RL finds a way to balances itself out.

The 4 characters are:

1. Ian Goldburg

2. Gabe Meadow

3. Nadya Lunarbaby

4. Ericka Clarke

If you are one of those 4, please take some time to add your character sheet to a spoiler box in the signature section of that character's account. Trim the fat a bit if you could, I don't need their life story there, just the meat and potatoes of their statistics in case I have to look them up in the heat of a post.

I do hope to add a fifth character soon, but for right now I want to take it slow and see the game take off and move forward despite the setbacks life is throwing at us.

The game name will Scion: Living Legends. I'll have an OOC thread up soon and the first post either today or tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Corbin will be a means of allowing you to have a minor guide closer to the PCs age that understand a bit what they might be going through. Also as a means of someone they can talk to and learn things 'on the go', instead of always being in the library talking to Mr. Syracuse.

I'm going to be updating the game on Monday. You guys have 48 hours to say what you wanna say or figure out who's going to post first or whatever it is you're waiting on. If you have RL hang ups, that's cool, I understand. Please, if you do, at least let us know with a simple OOC 'RL has me hung up' post so we know.

If you don't know what to reply with that's cool. I don't want you to force a reply if you're coming up blank. We can always use his previous action as a default for his next action or just let us know OOC: "Guy, I got nothing, skip me this turn."

That way I don't feel like I'm blowing by people. If I can 'set up' someone for a reply I will, I don't mind doing it. Sometime I have to wait until have replied and I feed of an idea or statement they used as inspiration. It happens.

Archived