[OpNet] Semester break!

Doctor Nova Madigan

The slave drivers at Johns Hopkins have allowed me a very long weekend to celebrate the end of my first semester of medical school, before it's back to the grind on Monday. (Yeah, I did a semester in a month.)

Anyway, is anything planned for this weekend? Once Neil and I finish some important business around the house, I'll be free to party or whatever. If nobody has any plans, maybe we could suit up (those of us who require it) and take a quick stroll around the Solar System?

Whaddaya say?

(By the way: Aced my classes. 4.0, baby!)

(I have got to stop letting Meghan use my computer. She'd left it logged in to her account when I replied above. Sorry for the confusion.)

Knockout: Where do you live? I can arrange transportation if you need.

Long, Sylvan: Thank you. It's actually quite grueling. I'm in class all day, and then I study all night. I sleep on Wednesday night and on the weekends. I just have to keep this pace up until May. . . need more coffee. . . ^_^

Endeavor: I've seen the space gear you made for Neil, and the "clever" patch that was applied to it. I'm still quite disturbed. O.o

Quote:
Originally posted by Flicker:
Knockout: Where do you live? I can arrange transportation if you need.
Somewhere in Calgary, Alberta. I can meet you on top of the big needle-like building in the downtown core. (Nothing personal, I just don't like giving out my address.)

Also, uh. I've never gone into space before. Will my camera be okay?

Calgary, eh? I've been to Calgary twice. I can't say I really enjoyed it either time. That's not your fault, though. I'll pick you up there.

Vacuum and radiation do weird things to electronics. You should check with whoever makes your camera. Unless it's some kind of special, I'm inclined to think it'll probably be destroyed by space. I'm glad to hear that you don't need a spacesuit or anything. It makes it a lot easier, really.

Flicker: Saturday is good. Hell it aint like I'm doin anything with my 'life'. Heh.

Endeavor:Yer welcome to join and bring whatever equipment you like. The point of free fallin' is to break away at the last minute with wings, teleportation, or whatever. I suppose if those are not avail to you, parachute is the next best thing from what I've heard.

I can't do the space thing, but I survive well enough in high altitudes considering the dead do not breathe.

See ya Saturday.

We've got a little bit of family business to take care of, but we'd be happy to travel the globe. One thing, I've got my daughter, Winter Blossom, for the vacation as well. So much to do and so many great and interesting people to catch up with. Nova and I will hopefully hash out an intenary and be ready to roll soon.

• 1 month later...

Merry Whatever the Hell You Celebrate!

Finals are over, and I am officially on Winter break! Two "years" of med school down, two "years" to go!

I have almost a whole month off before I resume school in January. So you'll be seeing a lot more of me around for a little while before I disappear again.

Out of deference to the feelings of others, I will not mention my GPA. ;D

Archived