[OpNet] Personal Religious Leanings

Regina Newcastle

My mom's Catholic, so I'd probably get a queen-sized lecture if she could read this. The more I see and experience, the more I realize that (to me) the idea of "religion" just isn't adequate for my lifestyle.

Blind obedience? Thanks, but no thanks. Deprivation as holiness? Sorry, not for me. Smiling while someone knifes you in the back, and offering them your chest so they can get you there, too? Uh-uh.

I don't mind people who have faith in something or someone. I think it's important, if that's what they need to get by in the world, but thanking "god" for the good things and blaming the "devil" for their own shortcomings seems a bit ridiculous to me. Things are the way they are because we've made them that way, good or bad.

I guess it would be comforting to believe in something greater, some sort of grand design or benevolent higher power... even if it's just a vague idea of "fate" or "destiny," but I've seen some of the best and worst life has to offer, and every god or avatar or universal poobah seems to have an all-too-human face. If I've got to believe in a being made in my image, or in whose image I'm made, I might as well just settle on myself and be done with it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Aryan Nation of North America"? Fuck me, why is it all the guys who're into Odinism have to be a bunch of neo-Nazi knuckle-dragging genetic throwbacks? Why can't you just be like "I'm all about honor and community and fighting for what I believe in" and leave out all that tiresome horseshit about 'mud people' and 'mongrel races'? Finding a jackass idiot dipshit racist into Asatru is like finding a hot nun with the tightest, sweetest little pink in the world. Thanks for nothing, right?

And anyway, what's with the whole supremacist thing? What, did a nig piss on your shoes? Sell you some bad crack? A spic date your sister and rough her up? Don't get me wrong, my little Aryan buttercup, I can understand how you hate those bass-booming jackasses that only fuck naive white girls and have metal teeth, more toys on their overpriced piece of shit cars than a fucking Japanese girl's cell bedroom and dress like spastic, encephalitic six year-olds facing Fargo weather, but how can you hate all black guys, even those cool Brooklyn motherfuckers who smoke pipes and can fix your car with fucking bubblegum? Seriously, you hate Jimi Hendrix? Jimi fucking Hendrix? What's wrong with you, man?

Dad was a Baptist and Momma followed one of the asian religions. Made for an interesting Sunday when I was growing up. I believe in God but I'm not much of a church goer. It may be a failing but it seems to me that there's God and then there's how you talk about him. How you talk about him is just some people agreeing on how they do it and then calling it religion.

Is is just me or is it a prerequisite that you be an complete ass-hole or a total bitch and speak as loudly and as often as possible in order in order to be heard around here.

What is that? The Church of St.Bastard?

Superior race indeed.

Originally Posted By: Esther Bluecorn
Quote:
Originally posted by Trooper:
Quote:
Originally posted by Esther Bluecorn:
Fascinating group here, I see.

I follow the traditional religious beliefs of the Navajo people, for those who are interested.
So, the Church of the Eternal Victim?
I'm sorry, I've never heard of that religion.

It means the Indians strike me as overly whiney.

What the fuck do you want, Jenny Redcorn, an apology? Wounded Knee happened two hundred and twenty-five fucking years ago. Ample time for your "people" to get your shit together. If you think the "racism" in this country is holding you all back, I suggest you buy a clue from any black dude who was alive before 1995. And if there is still some phantasmal bias against Indians in our culture, then man up and take your fucking place. That's something Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcom X figured out seventy fucking years ago.

You can only ride the pity train for so long, Redcorn. You can't blame the dirty palefaces for your collective problems, anymore.

Machina,

You are certainly a bitter, twisted individual, aren't you?

I stopped expecting apologies long ago. My duty is to keep the culture and ways of my people alive, adapting to the new world we live in.

Trooper,

The Navajo culture is entwined with the desert. Navajo Mountain, Shiprock (the Rock with Wings) and other places contain much importance to my tribe.

Do I take the legends as literally as a Christian might take their Bible? Of course not! But as with Buddhism, Christianity and other religions, legend can be a metaphor for a greater spiritual truth.

Even scientists cling to their physics and biology as a kind of belief system, you know.

I am not criticising anyone here. I believe that under the sky, there is space for every path of belief. For me, it is the Blessing Way, Changing Woman's Song of Beauty, and the Rock with Wings.

Bluecorn, stuff it. Really just stuff it. You are an ignorant nat who preaches pop culture cliched bullshit. I have heard what you say, and I am sorry but the hippies had more soul than you do. You are saying nothing new, and nothing true. Your people? Fuck that. You are just a raciest child who fills bitter because those around spoon fed you lies.

Originally Posted By: Signy Malory
Bluecorn, stuff it. Really just stuff it. You are an ignorant nat who preaches pop culture cliched bullshit. I have heard what you say, and I am sorry but the hippies had more soul than you do. You are saying nothing new, and nothing true. Your people? Fuck that. You are just a raciest child who fills bitter because those around spoon fed you lies.

I thought your name was familiar. Doesn't it come from a fantasy book? And you tell me I have said nothing true and nothing new.

You don't call Wakinyan or Ptesan-Wi racist because they choose to focus their attention on their people - hell, you haven't even criticised that neo-Nazi fuckwit Rheinlander. Yet you choose to chew me out.

Do I help my tribe more than, say, a Latino person? Yes, I do. Because they're my people. But I wouldn't deny that Latino my help if his own people couldn't help him.

Frankly, Significantly Stupid, you are a dumb bitch who speaks in generalities. At least Machina, Trooper and Chaos back up their bitterness with some justifiable life experience, from all I can tell.

You, on the other hand, have the subtlety and intelligence of a lobotomised monkey on mite.

Until you have lived my life and beliefs, don't presume to tell me I am a gnat, a preacher of pop culture bullshit, or a racist. I don't claim Native Americans are better than anyone else, nor do I expect anything from the other races - the Navajo are taking care of themselves just fine without the help of fuckwits like yourself. However, I limit my aid to those of the People and their allies, unless no one else can help the others.

I'm not a Utopian or Elite or Terat. I am a nova who happens to be an elder of the Navajo people, whose duty to the clans was laid out even before eruption. I am a leader, a clan matriach, a spiritual leader and a governmental official - all before my eruption.

When you have as much responsibility, and have done as much for your people as I have for mine, then you can criticise me. Until then, from everything I've seen, you are nothing but a mouthy bitch with too much time and OpNet access on your hands.

I thought your name was familiar. Doesn't it come from a fantasy book? And you tell me I have said nothing true and nothing new.

How is a person's name, regardless from whence it came, directly related to saying anything new and true?

Alot of us use surnames squaw, it doesn't mean we're liars.

...Hell, you haven't even criticized that neo-Nazi fuckwit Rheinlander.

...Frankly, Significantly Stupid, you are a dumb bitch who speaks in generalities.

...You, on the other hand, have the subtlety and intelligence of a lobotomized monkey on mite.

...the Navajo are taking care of themselves just fine without the help of fuckwits like yourself.

Until then, from everything I've seen, you are nothing but a mouthy bitch.

I am a nova who happens to be an elder of the Navajo people, whose duty to the clans was laid out even before eruption. I am a leader, a clan matriarch, a spiritual leader and a governmental official.

And you speak for your people? I do feel sorry for them. From the gaping void in the bottom of my soul I am very sorry for your people to be stuck with you as their voice.

It's a shame too, because I'm sure they were good people. People tend to emulate their leadership. A war like leader ends up with a bloodthirsty people, and a peaceful leader shows their people the ways of tolerance and understanding. I judge, from what you have displayed, that your people are in a sad state of affairs.

On a related note, you cannot match the wits of Choas, Trooper, or Machina. Hell, even on my best day I'd have a hard time with it. So, you are attacking a pathetic animal, an animal that cannot hope to beat you in the same game. It's quite tragic, really.

You have so much left to learn. You are a sad droplet of nothing filled with ire and rage.

Do your people a favor and retire your position before your irrational lack of self control, your foul mouth, and lack of political etiquette cause them severe problems. It's the best thing you could do, as their leader.

Esther, sorry to inform you but you guys lost. There was a war and you lost. It's never fun being the loser. You have to adapt to new environments and circumstances. Look at African-American culture. It kept some aspects of ancient African traditions but moved into American culture. As a result it ended up shaping the entirety of the country and having far greater power than if it was as insular and bitter as you sound. Blacks in the fifties were then able to demand the civil rights that had been denied them so long as AMERICANS and not as some seperate group that expected to be treated like victims.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, now, my fellow superfolks. There's nothing at all wrong with tradition, and the proud savages of the western wilds have plenty of it. If Ester Bluecorn wishes to follow the ways of her be-feathered ancestors, then who are we to say she is wrong, especially here in America? This is the land of the free, after all, as well as the home of the brave... and isn't brave just another name for an Indian warrior? Yes, these people are part and parcel with this great nation of ours, from gentle Pocahontas to that great sidekick, Tanto.

As for me, well I follow the creed of the super-hero. I can quote chapter and verse from the good book of justice, my uniform and cape are my holy vestments, and my tithe of vigilence will always be paid in full.

Holy shit, Superdouche, I nearly pissed myself! Oh, fuck, thanks, man. That was fuckin' spectacular. And people call me a prick. Goddamn. Well done, my good man, well done. It's rare I meet somebody who manages to be such a colossal jerk without even trying. I pride myself on my ability to offend people, but I really respect you. I mean it, man.

Originally Posted By: Sam 'The Crusader' Hill
Now, now, my fellow superfolks. There's nothing at all wrong with tradition, and the proud savages of the western wilds have plenty of it. If Ester Bluecorn wishes to follow the ways of her be-feathered ancestors, then who are we to say she is wrong, especially here in America? This is the land of the free, after all, as well as the home of the brave... and isn't brave just another name for an Indian warrior? Yes, these people are part and parcel with this great nation of ours, from gentle Pocahontas to that great sidekick, Tanto.

As for me, well I follow the creed of the super-hero. I can quote chapter and verse from the good book of justice, my uniform and cape are my holy vestments, and my tithe of vigilence will always be paid in full.

I know who Pocahontas and Tonto were! They were television Indians, right?

And you sound like something from Superfriends. I watched that once on cable in Sydney, Australia.

You are with Team Tomorrow?

Better not let daddy hearing you talk like that, Muffin Kitty Moon Princess Light Heart Girl. It might ruin his delusional, nacrissistic image of you as his submissive pet cum dumpster.

For my part, though, I've got to say, a woman of such prolific and profound obscenity of you really oils my engine. Kinda makes me wonder what kindsa other things I could make effective use of that filthy mouth of yours for.

Been there, done that, my sweet little asian blossom. I've got to say, I never thought missing children could be sooo sexy.

As for you, I'd throw you one, darling, but only to silence that acid little tongue of yours. Plus, if you can swear like an old French whore when I'm not laying into your clam, I can only imagine the filth that'd spew forth from you as I rock you like a Christmas tsunami.

Originally Posted By: Slant Cow
You're fucking stupid. Go home and fuck your mother's smelly cunt; and then lick her asshole clean.

I'm the sick one? You know, I changed my mind about you. I don't want you anymore. Between Procyon's narcissism and sun fetishism and the propensity of asian trim to be willing to perform the most vile sex acts imaginable, I bet you smell like pee all the time. And don't get me wrong, I'd piss on you, but not as a sex thing, that's just fuckin' weird.

Originally Posted By: Machina
Originally Posted By: Slant Cow
You're fucking stupid. Go home and fuck your mother's smelly cunt; and then lick her asshole clean.

I'm the sick one? You know, I changed my mind about you. I don't want you anymore. Between Procyon's narcissism and sun fetishism and the propensity of asian trim to be willing to perform the most vile sex acts imaginable, I bet you smell like pee all the time. And don't get me wrong, I'd piss on you, but not as a sex thing, that's just fuckin' weird.

I feel so relieved. You are about as attractive as regurgitated cud.

Archived