[OpNet] An Introduction and an Invitation

Lucifer

It appears as though the rumors were correct, this is the place to be for nova socialization, for those of us who thirst for better than having to shout over music. I'm delighted to make the acquaintance of you all, I must say. My name is Lucifer, and some of you may have heard of me. I'm sure I've even met some of you, in my more halcyon days. Well, it is a pleasure and an honor to meet all of you. I was invited to this little community by a friend of mine who insisted I simply must show, and I could see that if it was good enough for such distinguished ladies and gentlemen as so many of you are, it would be insulting to insinuate, by my absence, that it was not good enough for me.

Now, coarse introductions out of the way, I wished to extend a personal invitation to you all, my friends. I have a humble nightclub in the City of Angels, 'The Morning Star', and I would be delighted beyond the pale if you would grace me with your presence some eve. No worries, you needn't anything other than yourselves to get in. Gracing my modest establishment with your presence will be more than enough. We cater to a mixed clientele, but have a section exclusively for we children of quantum, should that better suit your needs. I hope to see all of you at some point in the near future, and thank you again for welcoming me into your social circle.

Warmest regards,

Lucifer

Oh, my poor baby, Chaos you have no idea how unwelcome in my La La land you are.

Lucifer, don't go try to bring to many novas into our little paradise by the sea. We would not want this place to turn in a police state like that other city has become. Fallow this simple rule, the dreamer has had every dream you can think of, and knows when you will be naughty before you do.

Dreamer: your transparent jibe aside, Chicago is not a police state. It has an effective municipal defense organization, but that it quite a different thing from being a police state. If you want an example of a police state, try visiting China.

Lucifer: welcome to the boards. Perhaps I'll take you up on your offer one of these days, but as I'm in the middle of a relocation, it won't be anytime soon.

Flicker,

Very much so. I'm flattered that a woman of your beauty took notice.

Xavier,

Thank you for the warm welcome, sir. It would be my distinct pleasure to host you at my club sometime. Thank you for expressing interest.

Sylvan,

Dearest Chloe, it does my heart ill to hear of your recent troubles. That poor man was yours, and that's all that counts, is it not? I hope your troubles subside and your heart heals as well as it can in short order. I sincerely hope that once these troubles are over, you'll see fit to grace my home with your presence. My prayers are with you.

Cosmic Comet,

Thank you for the warm welcome as well, sir. I eagerly look forward to such a well-traveled gentleman as yourself darkening my little doorstep.

Chaos,

If it's a matter of that little cock-up of yours on the freeway recently, I might be able to grease some wheels for you. I'd hate to think you weren't able to stop by for the sake of a few simple "traffic violations", dear boy.

Dreamer,

Oh, you are droll. Thank you for the warning, though I'm afraid that I am certain to disappoint. A man of my proclivities and tastes bears within him no sin, only passion, and worry for naught. As always, you are welcome in my home.

Sandcaster,

If there is anything I can do to aid in your relocation, please do not hesitate to ask. I have many resources at my disposal and am not shy in sharing them, especially with a fellow club member. That said, thank you for the welcome, and I sincerely hope to see you as soon as circumstances permit.

As to the rest of you, as always, I expect to see all of you soon.

Welcome to the boards, Lucifer. It is indeed pleasant to see another man of wealth and taste in this digital 'neighbourhood'.

As for your invitation, I shall definitely make time to drop in on your little slice of Eden in the near-future. I confess myself curious to meet the nova behind those tales currently circulating around this small blue orb we call home.

Best wishes for your venture there in L.A.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer:
If it's a matter of that little cock-up of yours on the freeway recently, I might be able to grease some wheels for you.
That wasn't a cock up. That was some of the best driving anyone will ever see.

Actually its the people I put in the hospital later that caused the cops to get an attitude. Some of them supposedly had diplomatic immunity.

Quote:
Sylvan,
Dearest Chloe, it does my heart ill to hear of your recent troubles. That poor man was yours, and that's all that counts, is it not? I hope your troubles subside and your heart heals as well as it can in short order. I sincerely hope that once these troubles are over, you'll see fit to grace my home with your presence. My prayers are with you.
I thank you for you kind words regarding my husband; clearly, you haven't heard that I've been charged with murder, and cannot leave Multnomah County in Oregon. Should this trial go in my favor, I will consider dropping by but my lawyer feels it will be many months before this is resolved. It may not go in my favor at all, in which case, it will be many, many years before I can see your club.

But still, I thank you for your kind sentiments.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandcaster:
Dreamer: your transparent jibe aside, Chicago is not a police state. It has an effective municipal defense organization, but that it quite a different thing from being a police state. If you want an example of a police state, try visiting China.
You are so vain, and oh so full of yourself. you think i care about Chicago? I have more interests Hong Kong than Chicago. If you do not understand the city witch I refer to, then so be it, but do not blame me when you forget your own past, and relive your own short comings.

Quote:
Dreamer,
Oh, you are droll. Thank you for the warning, though I'm afraid that I am certain to disappoint. A man of my proclivities and tastes bears within him no sin, only passion, and worry for naught. As always, you are welcome in my home.
you my young little doll, are so cute. so typical, but so cute. I could think of a few ways to play with you, but I think those sort of games can wait.

More responses? I'm flattered.

Stellar,

I would be overjoyed to host you and your entourage at my club. If you notify me ahead of time, I might even be able to work out something special just for you. Just be sure to win that evening, eh?

Neil Preston,

Splendid! I would love to see you both. It's rare that my dingy little lounge sees the likes of such nobility as yours. Please, please, come soon, and bring your lady fair.

Procyon,

I am likewise flattered by the knowledge that you've heard my nefarious moniker bandied about with those you keep company with. It would be a pleasure and an honor to host you at The Morning Star. Please, let me know before you arrive, though? Not because you need a reservation - I would never be so coarse as insinuate that the likes of you would need one - but rather, because I would like to arrange something special for the momentous occassion.

Chaos,

I feel compelled to agree with your assertion, sir. You lead those gentlemen on quite the merry chase, didn't you? I'm astonished at your skill, and would be happy to host you as soon as you are once again welcome in the City of Angels. Should you require the benefit of any legal counsel, please don't hesitate to ask.

Chloe,

You poor dear, you've been through so much. My heart goes out to you in your time of both grief and troubles. Let the Lord be your rock, and you shall be victorious. As with friend Chaos, if you have any need for additional legal counsel, please consider me at your disposal. Some of the finest lawyers in the country are on my payroll.

Dreamer,

Oh, anything but typical, love. Perhaps we'll yet have a chance to "play" sometime and I'll show you how "typical" I am. Please, stop by The Morning Star sometime. I think you'll be pleased.

So, Flicka, if I acted like a giant homo and buttered you up with sweet nothings, you'd come see me? Shit! If only I possessed the quantum ability to be transparent, insincere and placative!!

Fuck it. You're both still welcome in my home. Just don't keep Neil away, huh? He's actually a friend of mine.

Way to dodge the fucking point, but I guess that's what you do best, isn't it, Flicka? What I'm getting from all this is that your litmus test for 'Worthwhile Person' is how they treat you. Way to be entirely fucking self-involved. I guess the content of a person's character is irrelevant when put in the shade of how well they behave around fucking company. You're about as good a judge of character as Dahmer's mother; "But he was such a nice boy!"

Fuck it. As long as I can still hang out with my friends, right?

Quote:
Originally posted by Machina:
So, Flicka, if I acted like a giant homo and buttered you up with sweet nothings, you'd come see me? Shit! If only I possessed the quantum ability to be transparent, insincere and placative!!

Fuck it. You're both still welcome in my home. Just don't keep Neil away, huh? He's actually a friend of mine.
You really are as unpleasent as Dr. Allinsky told me. Wow. I knew she wasn't prone to hyperbole but I thought she was making an exception.

Most Lovely One, Machina befriended me when no one else cared and gave me aid when no one else bothered. He's never asked for a great deal of praise he's due and there isn't a sunrise I face without acknowledging what he's done for all mankinid.

Machina, Flicker is the one and only woman for my heart. I can't speak for her, but I know my life would be a much shallower puddle without her by my side. Without her, I wouldn't have a house, or a home, and a place were I'm starting a future.

I love you both very much and owe both of you something I can not soon, if ever, repay. Can we try and see if a peaceful medium of existance can be found? Please?

Quote:
Originally posted by Machina:
Rachel fucking talked about me!? Seriously!? Shit, shit, what'd she say? You know her? You know how I can get ahold of her?
She said you are an egotistical jerk. Also, you're a walking pile of bad attitude. Something about poor hygiene too.

Yes, I know her. We are kind of an item. Kind of.

Quote:
Originally posted by Trooper:
She said you are an egotistical jerk. Also, you're a walking pile of bad attitude. Something about poor hygiene too.
Haha! Fuck yeah, that's Rachel, alright. Knew she still loved me.

Quote:
Yes, I know her. We are kind of an item. Kind of.
Treat her right, man. She's a good woman, better than either of us deserve.

Quote:
See, that's why I prefer doing my business in hell-holes. When they don't want you to come back it isn't really that big of a deal.
Yeah but I choose my work with different standards. Don't forget that.

I like it this way. If god forbid I should ever need to go back before they've gotten over it, well that's just a challenge to be overcome.

Flicker,

Delighted! I shall see you and your gentleman caller anon.

Machina,

Oh, sir! I must say, you had me rolling, you droll fellow. You're like a gruff, manly Oscar Wilde, and I love you for it. Your apparently negative appraisal of me notwithstanding, I should sincerely hope to see you sometime. I have a feeling you would do much to brighten my spirits.

Li Ai Jun Yen,

My sobriquet has been known to cause the off bit of uproar, but for the most part, it hasn't proved an issue. I don't encourage people to madness or sacrifice and keep my own nose marvelously clean. Perhaps if I caused as much trouble as my namesake, I would find msyelf in a less hospitable situation.

May I hold out hope that you will grace me with your company, as well?

Thank you all, again.

Lucifer

Archived