Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [CN Japan] Miss Minami's Nest [Closed]

Naomi Minami

Kamiko takes off her sunglasses, after Naomi as a last gesture closed the shades a little, enough for Kamiko to do so. The still red left eye, recovering from being injured while she was dormed.

"Japanese Intelligence has been debriefing me for a bit. That and I've been coordinating with the Russians in regards to the incident. Quite honestly... right now I got three things on my mind lately."

"See, this Mother bitch... she just killed alot of people... people I cared about. I and Ryu saved a bunch of them too, but still...I really... really want to see her hung high."

"Then there is The Russian... seems Ryu's favorite playmate has decided to sit lock-step with Mother... I bet she's being paid alot."

"Finally..." She leans over, looking at Connor. "...there's breakfast. That and my curiosity."

Suddenly the old Kamiko started to leech out of the cracks of Kamiko's facade. "Umm... actually it was about that short time I was there at your yacht back in March... I'm sorry... but I did have a mission. I think I really would have enjoyed things."

"I suppose I had that moment taken from me."

He nodded. "One of several I own. Not the biggest one, it was just the closest at the time." He smiled. "I'm sure you'll get to see it again one day soon Kamiko. You'd looked really excited going in." Who knows, maybe I'll host another party there."

Kamiko's cracks close again and the facade returns. "I guess though that first moment is gone... can't really have that back."

She starts eating her pancakes. "I guess that's what makes the second and third moments better, I'd hope."

"I've missed out on some of the fun things in life. I think while Department 0 has me on medical leave as well... I can enjoy them to the fullest."

"Oh, and not for the eye..." She munches slowly on another bite. "...to be honest a few in D0 want to give me a medical discharge." She points to her head. "I guess being the daughter of a Hibakusha family line, even being native born... still rustles people's jimmies around here."

She leans back. "They probably think I'm takin' this too personal. I am taking it personal... but not on the level they think. To my family 'never again' takes an important meaning."

"Hmm, a vacation... Could use one since I did agree to help Naomi with the babysitting... I do like cats." She said with a smile. "Hey, Noraneko... How about that? A vacation? What haven't you done for the past few months?"

"Hopefully between feeding the little ones once they're free and what not, I should have time for missions again."

Kamiko quirked an eyebrow. "Just 3 rules. Simple ones."

"One, if we're on your boat, please let there be a motor-boat of some sort for fishing, Miss Minami loves seafood."

"Two, you let me help with security. That's... sorta my thing."

"Three..." She leans back with a smile. "...I wear what I want."

"And I think it goes without saying, no catnip, choclate, or lilies on the ship."

Kamiko sighs, owtwardly. "Well I will, actually... as best I can. But I am going to be a bit on watch in any case."

"Here in Japan Naomi has to lay low because of what that little feline idiot did blowing her cover on her pregnancy a couple months ago. She can enjoy some freedom with you, particularly in the US, but I might be watching the dark corners for a bit. Sort of my job when I am working."

Now she realized what she misses while on leave. "That... that is a habit that is hard to break, particularly for when you're sleeping with one eye open for 6 months."

"Perhaps I need the vacation more than Naomi... All Naomi wants is a change of scenery and maybe some fun... me..."

She stares at her plate. "Some days I feel like going off like Mount Fuji."

"That wouldn't solve your problems, and would be the coward's way. That's not something I'd call you."

He smiled. "It will be good for both of you I think, a look at reasons to live for you, a change of scenery for Naomi, and fun and relaxation for both of you."

Kamiko sighed. Did she sound like someone... like that? The type of person she despised a year ago.

She shook her head.

"Connor... don't get me wrong... I just feel right now that I'm coasting, you know. Lost with no sense of direction. I failed, Connor... There are new burned-in shadows in the remains of a town that no longer exists. Why? Because I was weak... scared..."

"Or perhaps I was a coward after all... only brave when someone stronger than I came to my rescue. When I shouldn't have needed it."

"Connor... how can I protect my country... even my comrades... when I can't even work up enough bravery to protect a town full of Humans?"

Kamiko sighed, taking another couple mouth-fulls of the pancakes.

"Right now... I can't see past the pain. Maybe..."

She loses herself in thought.

"Perhaps... I need to think about this further..."

She gets up and walks off. Not before saying... "Thanks."

You're welcome, though my contributions, if any have only been minor." He looked to Naomi, and shrugged. "Your young friend has soul searching to do, and a place to find in this world." He smiled. "Her heart aches, over something she couldn't have stopped, only when she recognizes that, will the wounds she's suffered truly begin to heal."

Kamiko stumbles a little, her long black hair completely out of sorts as she walks in. She was wearing a black turtlenecked shirt and leggings, underneath a greyish jumper style dress. She certainly looked comfortable.

"I'm smellin' bacon and ... pancakes! Well someone is..."

She gets a eye-full of Connor. "...well stacked"

She sits down, looking over Naomi before gesturing to get Naoko's attention. "So, Noraneko, how does a nerd like Naomi get friends like Connor?"

She adjusts her sunglasses, her left eye still sensitive to light from her injury she suffered in Russia. She smiles to Connor. "Sorry... didn't get to know you very well first go-round."

Kamiko seemed different. There was some confidence there, but a sense of false bravado. Perhaps a bit of over-compensation.

"Oh Sorry! Was read my Email upstairs"

She uses her Cyberkinesis to call up Kamiko's phone

"Hey, sorry about that. Mind hanging out for a bit, Kamiko?"

Kamiko stopped in the hall near the kitchen to see Naoko's message. She sighed and returned to the Kitchen, sitting next to the technological witch. "Naoko, you know checking your messages mentally at a family get-together is a little... bit frowned upon?"

"Anyways... what's up?"

Naomi sighed. It really wasn't Kamiko's place to enforce the rules here. Although it was also obvious simply shouting to Kamiko wasn't easy with the ways the walls were.

"Daniel, perhaps we should let the two talk, I would wager they have planning for the trip to do." She said almost as the kind mother of the group.

"To be honest, I would love to leave the house. Have some level of normalcy and visit the grocery store or a book store or something. Maybe visit a restaurant."

She sighed. "I mean I know having you or Ryu near me would ensure I would not be bothered."

"I'm also thankfully still quite mobile, considering the cargo." She said with a cat-like grin.

He smiled, "I can facilitate."

"Two copies of himself appeared before them, one shifted into a copy of Naomi, perfect down to the last bit of fur and even her expanded stomach." "I think i can lead the paparazzi off somewhere, though it certainly might cause some issues later..." That way you and I can go out in peace."

Naomi blinked, standing up and looking over her perfect clone. "Of course if she gets shot... there is going to be a lot of explaining to do. Particularly when she transforms into a giant robot!" She says, giggling.

She caresses the fur. "Now I can see what Ryu sees in me."

"Alright enough with falling in love with myself. We'll head to my car once Naomi II starts off on her own. Then we can begin."

"I'm thinking a grocery run, maybe grab a few things for our trip... Hopefully Kamiko and Naoko get things sorted."

She smiled, then sighed. Wishing she wasn't in the condition she was in. She wanted to be back on the job. Back in the hunt...

He smiled, sending the copies off, having them draw attention before nodding. "The coast is clear. Come on, I'll drive, given your condition, you can tell me where to go." He helped her into the car then got in himself, and set off happy that her windows were well tinted.

Archived