Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Mission 2: Detoured [Mature] [FIN]

The Traveler

Yomiko kneeled down in front of the makeshift memorial.

"No one ever expects this. To be lost far from home and never return. If you are still here on the island, I promise I will find every way I can to bring you home. But we are lost ourselves and are waiting for our rescue. As such I ask of you to watch over us for now, so we can help you. Your comrades will come soon and we will bring you home."

"You are victims of a war that wasn't yours to fight or to die in, I just wish I came here through the rift like you did... we could have saved you... it was..."

She pauses, choking back tears. "It's not fair..."

She punches the soft ground.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yomiko nodded. She seemed suddenly like her old self, the girl not yet grown yet grown.

"Right... but for now, all we can do is what we have done."

She looked over to the springs. "My guess, since that is a deep pool fed by the volcano, that the bodies were tossed in there... unfortunately the processes created by the pool would have destroyed the bodies over time... that is the most convenient guess..."

She sighed. "Then there is the shark population here... if nothing is found in terms of remains, that's probably why. Once the Hikari Maru shows up, we can use it's sensors to check the island for anything that matches human remains."

She enters further into Daniel's embrace. "For now... let's live well."

She brushed off the reddish suit she put on. "Well, the stuff I did retrieve I am going to secure, then work on repairing my glasses." She says, pointing to the pair of glasses sitting on top of the carefully folded uniforms of the dead crew. "Perhaps you can get tonight's dinner ready? You did great yesterday. I think I've... got alot of thinking to do."

She did have that look like something was eating her inside.

he smiled. "I can do that, but first.." He pulled her to him, kissing her full on the mouth, the pleasurable sensation going all the way to her toes. "Do not get too down on it. I know it's upset you, but we cannot change the past, merely walk forward into the future."

He released her and set about catching the night's food, leaving her to ponder his words, and her thoughts, and savor that last lingering kiss.

"Thanks. It's far better having you around... you... ground me. That is all I need."

She cuddled close. "I just hate feeling helpless. Even when I am not."

She lets him take care of things while she organized what she could of their findings back into the pod.

= Meanwhile... =

Rebecca and Tetsuko's pod runs up against the ship they discovered.

"Any life signs, Tetsuko?"

"None that I can see, Misstress..."

"Don't call me that. We're family, remember?"

"Right... Rebecca."

"Any identifying markings?"

Tetsuko falls silent and points to a name plaque near the foreward of the ship, covered with seaweed.

"Noble... Endeavor... AC-01..."

"Wasn't that the name of the ship Kat had back at the Bartender's place?"

Rebecca scratched her head, as what looked like a small craft landed on the upper "deck" of the ship.

"I think... that is the Hikari Maru, Rebecca."

"Yeah but we gotta investigate this ship first... Find out what it is doing."

The sound of rifles being brought to bear on Rebecca and Tetsuko is heard. When rebecca looks up, the harried, battle worn appearance of the felinoid captain, known as Kat stared down the barrel of her own Barret .50.

"So Rebecca... couldn't hold back your thirst for revenge?"

"What?... What?"

Just as that was shouted down the sound of high-thrust engines is heard at the horizon... a sound familiar to Kat.

"What.... something is up here... if the Hikari Maru is here and you're down there... BATTLESTATIONS! That's the wrong Rebecca!"

Rebecca blinked.

"Don't just stand there, Lieutenant! We need your help!"

= Back at the beach =

Yomiko moved about some sand, it wasn't much noticed by Daniel, letting her come to grips while he made dinner.

"You know... Daniel... I think I wouldn't mind spending a couple decades somewhere... It's what Mother did when she first started off."

She smiled, looking at the patterns in the sand she made. She started using some tools and a couple replacement lenses and worked on her broken glasses. "Once we get the ship back I think we should start finding a new home then... One side of me wants to go to Britannia, but the political machinations that go on there sort of drives me up the wall. Your home seems right out. While incredibly nice, I think this world may have been influenced by outside sources, even if by accident."

She adjusts the sarong around her, as she condinued to work. "There is a outer-reach cluster of worlds my Mother wanted to explore before she met my Father, that might be a good candidate. It's a bit out of the way in this continuum, but it is on the Stonehenge network and that usually means it is a normal world. Well normal enough to have had people and what-not. Jumping with a synergistic lock on the nav-beacons the stonehenge gates provide shouldn't be too difficult. We've been on the outisde bands where there are either weak gates like here, or no gate beacons at all, hence the randomness of the jumps. Doesn't help I can make cross-time travel myself."

She munches on a fish which pauses her in her work. "Then there is the risk of running into others like us. Travelers. In fact I am sure by now even my siblings have started to spread out. But there is the likelyhood of even other copies of us walking about..."

"Then there is the weirdness of the other dimensions... The 6ths, the 10ths, the continuum council, Orion Sigma, The Bartender... my parents...."

She flops back. "Maybe I need to start small... like these glasses..."

Yomiko sighed. "That place is... someplace I never really felt a tie to. My siblings if they're still there are more than busy. They are probably still rebuilding. When I started off, I felt like I wanted to travel to somewhere new. It's just... something I wanted to do."

"To start on a new world."

Her eyes told the story... she dodn't want to go back. What he said earlier was indeed what was a truth in her mind. "Always go foreward, right?"

She stayed on the beach, looking up at the stars beginning to show themselves. "Well, then we start a life for ourselves. See what it's like living a non-extraordinary life... just find a place where what we do isn't done by us. Someplace where we're not important. A place where I can pick up a few more things... maybe to the point of getting an education if there is a place that is a world that has tech like what I'm used to."

"I know that's alot to ask since we are extraordinary people... perhaps if we go to a place where everyone is extraordinary, someone like us would blend in. The troubles of that world would be shouldered by others."

She sighed. "When I read my Mother's stories I wanted to experience them for myself and now..."

"Now that magic feels gone. Until I look at you, then... I find something else."

Yomiko smiled. "Well, I don't mind my powers... just... I think I wanna just start off small, not mundane..." She musses her hair. "Ugh, I don't know what I want but you."

She looked at him shocked, for a moment she felt like she should try to grab her words and shove them back in her mouth. Her bright blush sealed it. It was more than one thing she saw...

"I... I... I see more in you than I can take inventory of, Daniel."

"There's more to me than meets the eye Yomiko, you too."

He chuckled, putting an arm around her and smiled. "You have me, as long as you want me, and whenever you're ready, we can take that other step." He kissed her cheek. "Don't try to analyze everything. it takes some of the mystery and specialness away."

"That's my curse, Daniel." She says with a sigh. "I think that is something I have to learn to push back so I can see things for what they are."

She returns the kiss, making it long and for the first time with some emotion, more than she was before. A door was open, but there was alot to traverse for her.

Yomiko once she was pulled close grasped on to Daniel as if her life depended on it.

"Then tonight is ours.The stars are coming out. Might even see if they got a space station or two in orbit..."

"But I think most importantly, I am caught in your orbit tonight." She says with a smile, pecking his chin, playing with him. When she was "grown enough" she was allowed into a certain section of the library on the Hikari Maru that her mother Sakurako let her look through. There she picked up on a few things... She stroked him, feeling his chest. "I'll tell you what, I'll get comfortable and we'll do whatever you like."

She takes off her shirt, letting her chest bare, then starts playing with the knot on her sarong.

He looked at her. "Wait." He held her to him. "Much as I want to be with you, spend it showing you things you've not experienced, I want you to want this, not for any reason save it is what you want."

He smiled, kissing her nose softly, "Much as I love the sight, I wouldn't be a gentleman if I wasn't sure. It's not an insult, jus showing how much I care..."

He nodded. "To whatever end, then." he smiled and held her to him, not holding back anymore, his touch once again sending waves of pleasure rippling wherever he touched her naked body, and he smiled. "

"You ca do whatever you like, we both can.." He only had his trunks on, and he quashed the fire, so that it didn't get out of hand or interfere with his view under the moon and starlight.

She draped her arms over his shoulders. He could feel her chest raise and lower with every breath, and could feel her heart beat at the end of each inhalation. Quickening with every breath.

She rested her head on his chest. "Let's take this slow since we both know I'm... a bit volitile."

She kissed him right back, quickly at first, then a slower pattern. He could swear on a couple breaths her swim bladders in her body made themselves obvious, making her breasts seem a bit larger as they pushed out her chest a little.

She nuzzled Daniel. "Then again, I think I'm starting to enjoy this for the process, not the result, Daniel."

She couldn't resist his warmth, even in this tropical scenery.

A shiver goes down Yomi's spine. She recognised this feeling and at first tried to suppress it, but she realized when she did that she had her usual problem of getting too overwhelmed. She relaxed and let herself to calm down and enjoy the feeling. When she did it seemed she went into a different direction with her impulses, and didn't reach the same sudden crecendo.

She smiled, and cooed towards Daniel to continue with his well placed touches and guided him behind the pod before she lays down on the beach, it was low tide and the sand was cool and comfortable. She saw the stars and the bright lights of the few space stations in orbit above (OOC: Such stations like the ISS are quite noticable. I can pick it out when it flies overhead myself) and a couple of aircraft before Daniel eclipses all of what she sees.

She smiles and strokes his face.She remembers for a moment she did forget about the settlement on the far side of the island, but she didn't care. She'll bring it up after and if anyone is watching, to hell with them.

As this happened, a couple of pairs of faintly glowing eyes watch from the trees and see the two dissapear behind the pod.

"Hey... they're about to do it... lok at that weird stuff they got on shore."

"Focus, Petty Officer... Focus... We're here to investigate that smoke we spotted yesterday. And yeah, that stuff definately doesn't look like anything from the Chinese or Russians. Looks Japanese... judging by the writing on that odd boat nest to them. Well that and English saying 'Hikari Maru'"

The two invisible figures watch from a distance through their night-vision binoculars. The helmets of their suits silence their communication, keeping them in contact with each other through a secure WiFi network between the two.

"So chief... how should we handle it?"

"Professionals don't shag on the beach, they're tourists, I wager. Once they're done we'll talk"

"We're not supposed to reveal ourselves for anything..."

"I'm the one that gave you that order, this is an investigation mission, not surveillance."

Meanwhile, Yomiko still has Daniel in an embrace, ready and willing.

As much as Daniel wished to continue, an audience wouldn't do. He'd put the hearbeats off as animals, but speech wasn't something he'd seen them master yet. "Yomiko, we're not alone. We will continue later, Get dressed, and don't panic."

His whisper was faint as he kissed her nose, and vanished.

He appeared behind the two voices, two men in observation gear. His energy barrier flared to life like a crackling fire. "You know, I'm gonna have to charge you for getting such good seats for the show." The young Nova's eyes shown with fire, and he was obviously not happy, and very nude.

Yomiko stands up and gestures towards a box sitting in the open back of the pod. Suddenly paper swirls around her and forms a suit of form-fitting armor. Soon after a sword is in hand. "Know where they are, Daniel?"

She wasn't too happy, and she knew if they were hostile this whole unfortunate island could burn.

She sees the bushes about 150 meters out from them move and the two observers step out with hands up and their cloaks going offline. They looked like they were wearing what looked like very high-tech plate armor similar to what Yomiko put together from paper. Except they were taking their helmets off, as Yomiko brought paper around her head to form one.

"Sorry... we surrender!" They shout, looking obviously scared as they drop their weapons.

Daniel toned it down, using the flames to preserve what modesty remained. "Walk onto the beach." They did and he followed, retrieving his pants, putting them on, and looking at them.

"Now, calmly explain who you are, and why you're here. I will know if you lie." He didn't look particularly happy, they had ruined something he'd really looked forward to.

"Oh god we are so fucked." The one in white armor with medic markings said.

"Calm down, Petty Officer." The one in greenish black armor said, taking off her helmet.

"But they... they got powers, just like the comic books! They're aliens or something!"

The one in green armor sighed, and couldn't hold back a smile seeing Daniel. "I'm Master Chief Alyx Peterson. This is my support... probably peeing in her armor... Petty Officer Laura Jackson. We are with the United States Navy. We have a radar installation nearby and at 1700 hours yesterday one of our guards saw some smoke in this direction. I and my support came over here to investigate. We've been having problems with drug runners and pirates in the area recently and thought there was a covert activity going on."

"Are you aliens?"

Yomiko stepped up near Daniel, standing just outside his flames. "In a way, yes and no." Yomiko knew her Mother never came here and just mentioning who she was or her code name wouldn't mean anything.

"I am the Librarian, and we are... marooned here for a few days before our ship returns. I actually intended to make first contact, since it would be important closure..."

"Wait... YOU are The Librarian?" the one in white armor said, taking off her helmet. "I read all about..."

"That's enough, Petty Officer... that's classified information!"

Daniel nodded. "We had some difficulties and ended up essentially stranded here for awhile. Since it's such a nice little Island, I figured we'd treat it like an island getaway."

"It would seem that is at an end. You can put your hands down, I'm not planning on violence, and I know Yomiko isn't either." His voice was so disarming, it was easy for them to simply want to do as he asked to make him happy.

"So..." The green-armored soldier asked. "You are pretty much crash-landed here?" She says.

Yomiko looks quizically at the medic behind her. "Umm... you mean there is historical records of me? I need to hear more."

"No you don't ma'am."

"I AM The Librarian." She says, the helmet retreating behind her hair. "Records was I there in person? Or was it tell from the crew of the ship that exploded in low-earth orbit in early 1945?"

They both blinked. "I... think I got clearance."

"You... you were mentioned by the crew that landed in Roswell."

"Was I on board?"

"No... only that they thought that someone called The Librarian would come to save them and such a person never arrived."

Yomiko sighed. her feelings from earlier started to well up. "If I could... I couldn't. Council law states I cannot alter fixed points in the timeline of any universe."

The two looked puzzled. "Then... you are here purely by accident?"

"Not really, did you know you have a trans-dimensional gate on this island?"

They looked further confused, it was obvious the answer was no.

Daniel looked at them, reading them carefully, They were telling the truth. "We did land here unguided, but the Universe works in mysterious ways. "Perhaps it wasn't chance that brought us here." We're not the first from another Earth to visit this world, I don't imagine we will be the last."

"It may be time, to call this in, and see what your superiors have to say."

Yomiko sighed, grabbing her glasses as her paper armor changes into a set of clothing that fit what she was most recognized for, and the two took note.

"Well... if you are in fact not hostile there would be no need."

Yomiko quirked an eyebrow. "In a few days people will be arriving looking for personal effects, remains, and perhaps any remaining survivors."

"How?"

"Because I will tell them." Yomiko said. "They deserve closure and they will be helped I would assume." She plainly states, and Daniel feels a spark of quantum from her mind. Yomiko was emotionally distressed and it was showing she was holding back, but she was cracking. Being interrupted followed by having feelings she wanted to forget come back to the forefront was testing her and she lost some of it.

"Of... of course. Do you know them?"

"My mother, The Professor is their greatest heroine."

Suddenly they stood at attention. "Then we invite you to come to our base, Ma'am at your soonest convenience. I am sure the world would welcome your mother's friends here."

"Wait... you know of my mother?"

"Yes... she just arrived in New York a day ago! Well, came and left... she talked about something with Stonehenge and that soon someone would welcome us to a wider world... blah blah benevolent alien stuff..." the medic said.

Yomiko just blinked. "Dammit... I... missed her..."

"Prefer to think of it as her preparing the way, Yomiko."

She looked at the petty officer and nodded. "I take it, by your reactions to our abilities, that you've not seen people like us much then? Are there any with powers beyond normal ken here on this world that you know of?"

He turned his gaze to the Chief, and nodded. "I'd imagine this is all abit for you to swallow, though at the same time, you do have information you're not telling us."

The Chief sighed. "There are Metahumans on this world, Daredevils, Stalwarts, and Mesmerists. They... do not exhibit powers like yours or hers, however." The medic says, pulling out her glasses, feeling the material of Yomiko's outfit. "Amazing..."

"The Petty Officer is a expert in Xenobiology. We were about to ship out to Washington DC to await the arrival of whoever The Professor sent this way. We got stationed here on a lay-over to let our aircraft refuel for the trip to Midway, followed by other bases." The Chief said to Daniel, walking up close. "You know, it is odd you were not mentioned.

"He's my companion, my fiancee, Chief." Yomiko said. "And I have two others, in another dimension who also abandoned ship."

"What was the situation, then?"

"Well, I have my logs onboard the pod... just two requests. One, let us be for two hours and two, close the door behind you. The password to access the log is "Bibliotheca Sacra" and it will be pretty easy to navigate."

The chief quirked her eyebrow but then started heading for the pod, gesturing for the medic to come with her. Soon after the pod closes.

"Is that wise?" Daniel asked.

"I only gave them the password to the log. I have seperate security for the rest of the pod... well several bits of security."

Daniel smiled. "Two hours?"

"To finish.."

He began to chuckle. "If you think I'm letting your first time be as paltry as some little two hour romp on the beach, then you woefully underestimate my esteem for you, Yomiko. We will wait until there's no audience, until we can enjoy and savor it." Still he could taste her desire, as the armor fell away leaving her nude. He pressed against her, the touch of his body against her stoking the banked coals into a roaring inferno, as he deftly played his hand along her spine, triggering perhaps the most intense orgasm she'd ever experienced.

He gave her an impish grin and nodded. "I can continue thusly for two hours with no problem, but I imagine you'll wish to talk to them when the time elapses."

Archived