Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Mission 2: Detoured [Mature] [FIN]

The Traveler

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He laughed. "Yeah, felt that did you? Sorry, pretty young ladies have that effect on me."

Looking at her and cupping her chin in his hand so she looked at him he smiled. "It is alright Yomiko.We can just sit here and enjoy this. I'm happy with that if you are."

He was so attentive to her needs, it was like he was attuned to her. "Unless you're ready to move out again, after getting dressed."

She embraced Daniel, getting back her bearings. "Let's stay here. We're alone. I like it."

"I'm going to have to strengthen myself before I can enjoy you at your fullest... One day I will conquer myself and you will be my reward..."

"Only then I feel I can be ready."

She smiled starting to bob in the water again without effort. "Just a question... if you will, then I will be with you."

She hugged him, and he noticed that she is pretty cute from this angle.

he nodded, leaned back and swam on his back over to the water's edge. "If you're going to get dressed you may want to wait, I can heat dry them for you.." He didn't add that they might shrink in the process.

He looked at her and smiled, feeling her hold herself to him did nothing to calm him.

Yomiko wanted to take her time... they were in no hurry and... just being close like this she was happier than she was even after she awoke this morning.

"That would be nice... they won't shrink."

She smiled and nuzzled him a little. "Although... we can take our time... we're in no hurry."

he smiled and shook his head. "Right now, you may want to go ahead and get dressed." He looked at her. "With the way I'm feeling, having you pressed against me nude isn't helping or diminishing my desire for you."

For him to say something served as a good indication. "Much as I like teasing you, we should get dressed, just so I can cool down some. Unless you're prepared to do something about it."

Yomiko blinked... then realized that...

"Okay... I must be stirring things up then..."

She picks up her pace and gets to shore. "I'll have to dry off where you'll set the fire at."

"Although I think you'r probably going to have to take care of private matters once you've climbed out."

"He chuckled. "Nothing so banal Yomiko, it's just hard to calm myself with a lovely naked woman pressed against me." He smiled, warming the area around them as they got out, keeping his eyes closed, as they got to their clothing, drying it as well. He grabbed his trunks and put them on. "let me know when you get dressed."

"Okay."

Yomiko waited patiently, she had a impish smile on her face watching Daniel not look. His squirming in a way amused her although she didn't let on. She turned him on, and she may have proved a bit unpredictable... for now.

= Meanwhile =

Rebecca still sat on the roof as noon approached. She was starting to watch with more interest with her binoculars a strange object on the water just at the horizon.

"You see that, Tetsuko?"

"Yes... it's approximately the size of the internals of the Hikari Maru."

"The Hikari Maru landed here? Why?"

Tetsuko scratched her head. "Unclear. I am sorry I do not have any more information."

"Change our course, then." Rebecca said, wiping some blood from her nose.

"It's getting worse, isn't it?"

"Yes... after that thing said I was a Nova..."

"I do not think you are medically capable currently to be on lookout. Get some rest." Tetsuko said. "I can take over for a while as we approach."

Rebecca nodded and went below.

= 1 hour later =

Yomiko put the last of her clothing on. "There we go... you can look now. " She says, adjusting the scarf under her collar.

"I heard some echoing, like a echo chamber was located right behind the falls... My curiosity now is starting to pick up. I wager with your ability to light an area, we can see what is in there. I think it's a cave but the reverberations were... off."

She adjusted herself. "I think while I'm here I will satisfy my curiosity a bit... that echo I heard sounded... metallic."

"No I think there is a path we can take. We'll just have to watch our footing..." She says, guiding Daniel over. Indeed there was a stone path behind the falls. "Bingo." She said, looking about. "The rocks may or may not be slippery so..." She carefully navigates the rocks, occasionally running her hand through the water. "These stones don't look like they were put here by nature... it's too orderly."

She looks to her left, and sees some writing carved in the wall. It was Japanese and looked like it was military in origin...

"Imperial... Japanese Army..."

"I see a name here but it's eroded. Can't make out the characters. This has to be a shelter used by the Japanese during the Second World War..."

She sees a iron door before her. "Noting the year we are at, anything behind these doors hasn't seen the light of day for 80 years..."

She looks to Daniel. "What you think?"

Yomiko pulled out her glasses and tapped on it's frame, and what looked like a scanning laser started to sweep back and forth as a computer screen came online on the lenses. Daniel's light helped greatly.

"The humidity in here just shifted when we opened the room... I think your caution might be right."

She points to a couple steel boxes, not yet rusted. "It's warm in here and until we opened those doors, it was a sealed room practically." She wiped away some sweat. She kneels down at what looks like another wooden box. "Those metal boxes are the ammo we're worried about... but I'm not able to read what is in this wooden box."

She starts looking around. "Gonna need a crowbar for this and some careful finesse..."

"Well... who knows what is in there..."

The words out of her mouth paused them both for a moment before opening. It was a case full of what looked like odd uniforms for the time period. Yomiko started pulling them out of the case. "That's highly odd... these uniforms... aren't from that era, or this universe."

She scratched her head, trying to remember some of her mother's notes.

She looked over the suits... they definitely looked like a futuristic fabric, she smiled. "I remember... this is Brittanian! But... how did something go back in time 80 years?"

There were no distinguishing markings on the suits... in fact Yomiko looked interested in a red one enough to actually start putting it on. "One way to find out... these suits have a HUD interface and a small CPU to regulate the form of the suit and perform basic computer operations and interface with any external life support."

She stealthfully takes off her shorts, then her shirt as she donned the almost 80 year old suit. "Hopefully there is still some battery power..."

She presses a button and the suit forms to her body, and she takes a cord dangling off the chest of the suit and connects it to a arm on her glasses.

"This will take a few moments... Quite frankly I'm scared."

Yomiko trembled for a second. "then I will tell you why... the only these got here is through time travel. Something not even my Mother could do on purpose. Somehow someone from the Brittania universe came here."

She looks around the room, until she sees the steel walls. She knocks on it. "I knew it... orbital alloy steel and carbon fiber. It's... It's an escape pod and the Japanese took it during the war... but..."

She pulls up the log of the previous owner, looks like the chief engineer's log. A video file was attached.

Yomiko sits down on the crate and watches. There wasn't any sound, that data was corrupted.

She leaned foreward, as if the air was knocked out of her lungs, her glasses hitting the ground and breaking.

"They killed them... they were marooned like we are now and..."

She steepled her fingers... "The Japanese on this island killed the survivors of a exploratory craft's catastrophic malfunction. I can... only surmise that the reason why the technology level is so high is that the technology they brought was found and used by either the Japanese or the Americans. When I scanned for radio stations, there weren't any Japanese ones, so I can only assume the Americans went through here and sealed what wasn't of use."

She stood up. "There is something I want to do now."

She walks over to Daniel. "The date on the time stamp wasn't changed for when they arrived. It was 1.5 days ago, the exact moment was when we hit that temporal crack. Their drive caused it..."

"We should find what we can of theirs and make ready to return it back to Brittania. And... if we can, their bodies. I can only hope they were buried."

Yomiko takes up the crate. "We'll seal this, and I'll take note of the location here so a retrieval team can recover the pod."

She makes sure her broken glasses are sitting on top of the crate. "We'll start tomorrow though... I'm going to see if I can get a communication channel open with the Stonehenge Network to Brittania."

She sighed, and stepped out to let Daniel take care of his work. "Seems my fate is always tied to my Mother's former home after all."

"No... I've grown to expect to always see the occasional wrinkle. Luckily those that committed these murders are probably dead from war or died of old age... I'm... just not looking forward to reporting the entire wipe of the crew."

She looks at the falling water and moves her hand through it. "Almost seems too conve..."

She starts to move her hand through the water and there is a slight artifacting where the hand meets the water. "A tesseract..."

She looked closer at the color of the "glitch" in space time. "Daniel, it's some sort of Trans-dimensional door, like how our ship travels... this does correspond with a Stonehenge point... perhaps this was opened wide when those marooned travelers came here... and it's still open. Thing is this needs an external power source..."

She claps her hands and runs outside along the stones. "Geothermal Power!!! This island has tons of it!!!"

"To be honest, now we got something to examine and check out.... there is some sort of machine here and now... I'm getting very curious."

She grinned. "Perhaps the ship that crashed here potentially might be embedded somewhere nearby... something has to generate the gate..."

She loses herself in thought for a moment.

"They may still be here, they may not. Right now we should work with what we know. Whatever happened, the evidence we found is quite old and the perpetrators are probably dead. There's no evidence that the bodies are still here, but now there is a mystery here to solve."

"What did happen on this island, and did the arrival of the ship's survivors alter the technological development of the planet... the existance of one escape pod here, and potentially ship wreckage suggests there may be other pod locations."

She stretches out, her fingers steepled above her head. For a dyed in the wool bookworm she was damn hot.

"Once our pod comes back online we'll be able to investigate further. I'd like to make first contact with the people here once I get a Brittanian recovery crew here to retrive whatever they can find of their ship. That can be cone through the escape pod comlink on our pod or with the Hikari Maru itself... if it comes here first."

She scratches her head. "Perhaps at least... we should do something... to at least acknowledge what happened here."

Archived