Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Mission 2: Detoured [Mature] [FIN]

The Traveler

"There is a desalinator in the emergency equipment hold. I made sure the gear in that is all in order and maintained. I can make a check of the local area to see if there are any streams."

She stretched out as she stood back up. "It shouldn't take long." She says. "And we really shouldn't eat any fish without water. Constipation can result."

"Won't take long." She says, forming something he's seen before, a paper airplane. She hops in it and is soon orbiting the island and in 30 minutes she has a map of the island. "There... better than GPS." She says with a smile as she hands him a sheet she transcribed into a map using her powers. "There is a stream not to far, about 250 meters from here."

"Although at least for this mean the Desalinator is fine. The batteries on the pod are adequate for running it today."

She pulls out a blue tarp-like bit of fabric and sets in some poles inside some sleeves on the edges, and deploys something for it to sit on facing south toward the ocean. "This solar panel should keep the batteries charged during the day."

She takes some salt water and pours it in the desalinator processing the water in a matter of a couple minutes for drinking as she helped keep the fish properly warm, and enjoying a few cuts as they went.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the water was procured, they ate heartily. Little was left of what he cooked. He smiled, as they both managed to bathe downriver in the stream, neither one peeking, though he wouldn't have minded if she did. Now they sat under the clear starry sky, The fire keeping them warm in the cool breeze, and Daniel laid back to enjoy the tranquility of it all.

"This is nice..."

Yomi looked over Daniel secretly while he bathed, well as best she could while resisting a bloody nose.

"I would imagine so." She says, looking to him once they were laying down.

= Meanwhile, universes away... =

"Goddamnit, Tetsuko! close that aft hatch or we're all going to swamp!"

"I'm doing my best, Rebecca!" Tetsuko shouts, struggling against 100 mile per hour wind before finally closing it against the storm raging outside.

"Do we have any idea where we are?" Tetsuko asked.

"The computer is saying this universe's earth is a class red Earth."

"Class red?"

"It's a water world, completely not a analog to the baseline of Earths in the continuum. Seems the storms are wicked because the earth is 25% faster in rotation and the moon is closer to it than the norm."

"And that is whipping up this storm, Rebecca?"

"Actually... we've not crossed into the main wind-field that we are drifting towards... about... 500 kilometers away."

"I should get the life vests then?"

"I doubt I can survive out there more than 45 minutes... the water is 34 degrees, and the space suit in storage only runs for 24 hours on drysuit mode. Once that runs out I'm screwed."

"And I'm pretty much an anchor..."

Rebecca nodded. "We're in the safest place we can be as long as the inertial dampeners and the structural integrity field holds. But we should buckle up."

= Back in Paradise... 2030 hours=

Yomiko looked up at the night sky, as a quiet, non-threatening beep started from the pod. She pulls out a tablet computer and answers the beep as she heads back over to Daniel. "Well, looks like the probe satellite the pod launched on arrival has finally come online and transmitted... well, this Earth is populated. Early 21st Century, typical weather patterns, low pollution. It's detecting high-level use of fusion technology, so the technology level is probably a bit higher than the Earth Prime baseline."

She adjusted her glasses. "I could patch us into some music as we enjoy the stars." She said, smiling.

He smiled, his hand covering hers. "Or, we could simply lay here and listen to the sound of nature."

"World may be populated, with any luck we remain unbothered. I like it being just us." he sighed. "Fusion tech eh, on a mass scale? Wonders do not cease."

He rubbed the back of her hand absently, unaware of any affect he had on her.

"Hey, I know of a universe where there's Giant Robots that fight equally giant monsters... well Novas that have severely aberrated. I know of universes with honest-to-god superheroes. And... I know of this one..."

She looks up and sees a shooting star. Some extra lights drift overhead in what looks more like a higher-altitude flight pattern.

"It's odd... This universe wasn't on Mom's computer charts... Seems we've made a discovery."

She looked over then does something unexpected... she kissed Daniel. "Daniel... after we get in contact with the Hikari Maru and the others, we should perhaps make first contact."

"Until then..." She caresses his shoulder. "I think foreign affairs can wait until we get all of our domestic affairs in order?"

Then with Daniel's prompting she blushed and started feeling hot. "Oh my..."

He kissed her back softly. "Domestic affairs? You and I have no problems." He smiled. "The pods your room, you sleep in it, I'll sleep under the stars."

He looked at her a not so innocent gentleman, he could feel the warmth of her body, and smiled. "Is there something I can help you with Yomiko?"

"You know I'm pretty good with my hands."

"I'm sure..."

She gets up, feeling like she had a fever... that was new...

She walks to the door. "Hopefully I should be alright by morning... I think it's just the... excitement I've been through over the past day and worrying about the girls."

She breaks a sheepish smile as she walks in. "Good night, Daniel."

= Back in the storm... =

It was hell, the next 6 hours. Rebecca almost tossed her cookies three times and Tetsuko took it on herself to stay laying on the floor of the besieged pod, where she would experience the least amount of movement. Her inertial stabilizer was getting overwhelmed and it produced a sensation to her similar to human Vertigo. At the peak of the storm, the pot almost capsized and the capsize prevention system activated, inflating a girdle of large airbags around the hull of the pod. Rebecca started counting just how many lucky breaks they've had and how they're running out...

But then... it started to relent. Rebecca wisely called up the weather scan.

"Well... that's not the eye, that's the end... we skirted against the north wall of that storm."

The waves were still heavy, and it was just starting to be morning. "We're still not out of the woods yet, aren't we?"

"No, but we can see daylight. That's the most important."

= Back in Paradise =

Yomiko's sleep was fitful, full of nightmares of the destruction of her home... the Phoenix Earth, and her own destruction failing to stop it. She gripped the sheets on her makeshift bed then suddenly she arched back as her body began to glow a golden hue. Even Daniel could feel the surge of quantum energies coming from her.

There was only one thing she could scream, shrieking like a desperate woman in mortal danger. "DANIEL!!!"

The hatch opened, revealing a powerful flame wielding nova, and comiclally, his eyes were closed, just in case. "What is it Yomiko? what's wrong?"

Despire his desires, he wouldn't be ungentlemanly, until she was ready, and he stood there waiting for word from her...

What he didn;'t see, was a woman in change. She still seemed like a teenager before, but suddenly he saw Yomiko's form fill out. What was once a simple bookworm of a girl was now a woman just as beautiful as she was intelligent.

This is her last maturation that for some reason was delayed until she became an adult, unlike her brothers and sisters that developed completely in a year's time. She was the runt. She now has Mega 3 in Appearance, Manipulation, and Charisma.

She held out her glowing hand, still hot from her final growth spurt... late in coming. "Please... please come..." She was out of breath and couldn't complete a sentence.

"yes... feel free..." She said, now her voice seemingly calling to him to remain calm.

She started to sound calmer herself. "Something... something's changed." She said... And... for the better.

She says this as the early morning dawn began to break on the eastern horizon with it's bluish glow.

What would await Daniel was a different woman, if he just would open his eyes...

When he opened his eyes, he beheld a different Yomiko than before. She was still recognizable, though her hair was silky smooth and longer, her face was slightly more angular, her hips were slightly more full,and what looked to be painful, her bust had expanded at least a size, maybe two, and her sports bra was straining to the limit. "Oh, wow." He looked at her and she could see a flash of desire, even as he reached around, undoing the bra, which it nearly popped off entirely, leaving only the top half of her bust covered, and he shut his eyes.

"That was forward, but it looked like it hurt alot, and was cutting off your breath."

"Alot has changed I think Yomiko, that's for certain."

"Yeah... seems... so."

She sits up, feeling warm still from her last growth spurt. "Seems Mom was right, I was a late bloomer."

She smiled and ruffled Daniel's hair. "Don't worry I got plenty of spare clothing I can use with ample and generous cuts."

She looked upon Daniel's face. "I'm... sorry if I woke you... it was just.. the nightmare..."

He smiled. "You don't really need clothing unless you want it. We're alone here."

He reached out to hug her, his touch warming her comfortably, and igniting tiny relaxing pleasure centers like a tender massage where his hands touched her back. "I was still gazing at the beauty of the stars."

"You're putting them to shame, as always, by the way."

"What nightmare?" His eyes turned concerned.

"I dreamed... that... I couldn't stop the destruction of my Mother's earth. The earth that I was raised on. I... can't call it my birth place since we were on the Hikari Maru at the time. In the process of trying I... I was utterly destroyed."

She took his hands. "I was alone, Daniel... so alone..."

She leaned over resting her head on his chest. "What if... what if all of this is unnecessary? Should I have... not decided to stay with the ship... it was our choice but only I decided to... to stay with mom and dad."

She sobbed. "I... I can't know if I feel alone because they're not in my life anymore... my family... or I feel distant, particularly to you."

He held her face in his hands. "Yomiko. You are not alone, you never will be, as long as I can be beside you." He kissed her passionately, flooding her with reassuring grace, the warm feelings of someone who cared for her deeply, and would always stand with her.

When he pulled away the feelings continued to linger. "Your world is fine, Your family is fine."

"If there is a gulf between us, then we'll bridge it. Do not regret the choices you have made, I do not. I am a man of my word, and until you send me away, I am here, with you. We cannot go backwards and undo our choices, we can only go forward, together."

= Mid-Morning, and water, water everywhere... =

Rebecca yawned and looked out, fatigued as the pod rocked and swayed. Tetsuko opens the roof hatch near where Rebecca was sitting.

"I had a further analysis on our location. Seems we are approximately 150 Kilometers from the location that corresponds to the Stonehenge gate." Tetsuko says, setting a MRE next to Rebecca. "Our recharge rate has accelerated, and I have shifted course to the dimensional anomaly there."

"Anomaly?" Rebecca said.

"It's what all the gates are. And it seems these pods and even the Hikari Maru feed off of this sort of energy."

Rebecca smiled. "Cool... I learn more every day." She says, starting to nibble on her breakfast. "So what's on the agenda then?"

"Survive for the rest of the recharge cycle."

= Back in a morning paradise... =

Yomiko was busy organizing the camp again, burning nervous energy.

"Daniel... about earlier... I'm sorry if I scared you."

He looked at her, still adjusting to the changes her maturation had wrought. "I was scared something happened to you."

he smiled. "Something did, but it wasn't really a bad thing." He came up behin d her and slid an arm around her trim waist. "Seriously. I'm here with you, we've got food, water, and each other. We don't lack for shelter, and the sunsets are simply amazing."

Yomiko smiled, Daniel's ways were still having a hold on her but she loved that... she could see the real Daniel.

"I know... I bet Rebecca and the Android are having the time of their lives... She... has that look about her like she craves adventure. I think it's a distraction more than anything. She has such talent. She's an engineer, not a soldier."

She stretches back a little to muss up Daniel's hair. "We should explore this island a bit and see if there's any walking meat to get. That and... This Island is too interesting to just stay on the beach like marooned shipwreck victims."

She smiles, with a joking laugh. "Should have wore my sailor suit at this rate... Wait I got it in there... it's my bedroom after all... Should still fit, had it made form an adaptive fabric... besides, there's no one around..."

He looked at her, as he only had his shorts on and was barefoot. "Overdressing as always I see." he chuckled, and waited for her to change. "I can live on fish, no point in hunting rabbits and all, unless you're craving roast hossenffefer."

"we are marooned shipwreck survivors, though I prefer to think of this as a beach vacation. Still if you want to explore, then let's do so."

She grinned, as she put the blouse on she decided to put on a pair of cargo shorts instead of the blue pleated skirt. She decides to stay barefoot. She figures she's tough enough to not end up stubbing a toe or getting cuts.

"It is... and on tropical getaways people usually check out nature hikes." She says, grabbing a wide-brimmed hat that pups out from a collapsed form hidden in a compartment. "That... and the last time I was on a trip like this it wasn't to enjoy the scenery."

She hugs Daniel, now able to see him eye-to-eye he could see the energy in Yomiko, it almost looked like staring into a universe through a keyhole. Perhaps that's what powered the manic, hyper, yet cute, bright, and loving girl that was before him.

"I guess hunting shouldn't be top priority... after all this island otherwise has been untouched by human hands so it would almost seem sacrilegious."

'Not if we had no choice, but we have plenty." With that he led her off into the jungle, following his ears to the sounds of a small stream which soon became a fairly nice sized river, as they climbed in elevation. There were lots of birds, and other flora and fauna, still he moved silently.

"You did say there were people here, on the other side. I prefer not to disturb them."

"No, there are people elsewhere in the region. There is a small city about 150 kilometers from here. I think this island is near what would be Indonesia."

She smiled, kissing him. "Besides... I think getting to know the natives would be cheating."

She follows along at Daniel's side heading to the side face of the large mountain in the center of the island. She looks up and sees a whisp of smoke slightly drift up from the mountain. "Well, that explains the island... it's a volcano. Seems it's not erupted recently... at least in the past 50 years." She says, looking at some old volcanic rock. "Also explains the crazy amount of fertile soil."

He kissed her back, making sure it sent a tingle all the way down to her toes. He listened to her lecture and smiled. "Alone on a tropical paradise, and you still lecture on sciences." he teased her lightly.

Still he nodded, a pointed. There was a waterfall, emptying into a lake from the river, only about twenty feet high, likely brought about in the last shift of the island. The lake formed from it was roughly a hundred feet across.

"good place to shower, when we need to."

"Ooh! Lake!" Yomiko says with glee as she runs and jumps into the water.

When she bobs back up she looks about. "I think I'll enjoy this." she says as she lays back in the water and floats after a quick inhale. "It's actually nice and warm."

She closes her eyes, thinking of something. "I got a taste of the water after jumping in. I recognize the taste of some sort of... sulfurous additive to the water here. It's very slight, but I'm definitely tasting it."

There were some slight bubbles in the water.

he nodded. "It's over a vent. "So what we have is a hotsprings, with a waterfall." He tried not to think of how her clothing clung to her tightly, and sat into the water, raising the temperature over thirty degrees in five minutes in a thirty foot radius around him. "I could really like this."

"One thing would make it better."

He reached out pulling her to him. "You being here, sitting on my lap, nude." he smiled. "I'll settle for clothed though, just to have you near."

He kissed her nose, once again sending a wave of airy pleasure through her. "I am a fairly patient man, and you've alot of adjusting to do I believe."

he smiled at her, and it was one that sent a warmth radiating through her. "I just want you to feel better, and be at peace."

She held on to him, a sheepish grin on her face. "I think I'll do that." She says, taking off her shorts and shirt, tossing them to the shore. She held on to him and he felt like he was holding on to a beach ball with her buoyancy "Shouldn't be too hard to share an embrace... The life jacket at the beach was a precaution, as you remember..." She says, kissing him. She sighs and she sits a bit lower in the water. "I don't have to adjust to myself much but..." She looks down at the water again. "I've always been the awkward one. My older brother always thought I was a bit of a coward sometimes."

"awkward how?" He looked at her. "You aren't a coward at all." he smiled, looking at her lifting her up for a moment, and then producing his shorts, tossing them ashore. "There, now it's even."

He held the beautiful young nova to him and kissed her softly. "I could make so many jokes on the buoyancy thing, but I'd rather just enjoy this, until biology rears its head."

he looked at her, and nodded. "Fighting can take place in many arenas. Phsically, you're no match for many novas I've known. Mentally, Mentally you're a powerhouse Yomiko."

He looked at her and kissed her neck, sending pleasure through her with every touch, "I can stop if you wish.."

it was then that she felt the other surprise beneath her, and he nodded. He was massive, and he released her so she could get away if she wanted. He kissed her nose lightly. "I don't want to, until you are comfortable Yomiko."

He smiled. "Still you need to relax. If you repress your desires, they'll errupt at the wrong time. "I can help, if you wish, and I promise nothing happens without your say..." he looked at her, not trying to influence her, just wanting her to be happy and comfortable.

Yomiko buried her head again in his chest. "I... I... I think I..." She leaned back and sighed, sinking into the water with a deep sigh as her muscles completely relaxed. Out of one last weak reflex her almost submersed hand reached out like some horror movie monster not yet defeated, grabbing Daniel's arm.

Some bubbles rise up from where she was. Daniel manages to pull her up as her head seemed to lean back. She coughs out some water. "I... I... *cough... cough* I... I think I already..."

She blushed. "And I think... I should wear a life jacket whenever I swim with you." She says with a sheepish grin.

"No, when you swim with me, do so nude." He looked at her. "You'll never be able to face me, if you don't learn some control."

He looked at her and rubbed his cheek against hers. "I want you to be able to look at me comfortably, to be able to enjoy any sensations I cause, by accident, or intentionally."

He looked at her, the water warm around them, and he nodded. "I forget that despite your age you've not experienced much of what "Normal" people do, endure, and enjoy."

he smiled. "And of course, I did let my hormones get away from me.."

Archived