[OpNet] Hitting the Road, so to Speak

Mithril

Since the Pow Wow, I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be a nova, and I'm starting to think it means a lot more than just chilling around Rio de Janeiro with Flicker and Neil Preston. I love them both dearly, but Flicker's getting ready for medical school, and Neil's always busy with stuff, so I kind of feel like a third wheel around here, sponging up a free place to live and OpNet access.

I turn 18 years old on the 26th of July. At that time I'm going to leave Rio (temporarily) and set out to see the world. I won't be travelling in airliners and sleeping in hotels, though. (The latter would be silly anyway, since I don't really sleep.) I aim to couch-surf my way around the world, and possibly any other realities that may exist too. I hope to visit as many novas as I can and hear as many viewpoints as I can on what it means to be a nova, and have a good time in the process.

I think it'll be mad fun. So, if you would like a cheerful young guest for a few days, please let me know. I'm an easy houseguest. I don't eat, sleep, or anything else like that, so I'm really cheap to have around.

Somewhere along the way, you should visit Long and I. Mind you, it's uncertain as to whether we will be in Colorado or Honshū by the time you are on the road, but it matters little; transportation is easily provided.

Perhaps I can show you a few of those "other realities" you mentioned.

I say this above all else. If you really want to know what a place is like spend it with the people who have the least.

I wish you the best of luck on this trip,I had one like this a wile back in a nice car, it was rather enjoyable to see how people treated a stranger.

You mean you havent been down to Havana yet?!?!

Who was the silver chic chasing Rick Tiger acrossed the lobby ceiling the other night when Gravis made up into down? I thought it was you. My bad. It was an honest mistake; I mean, how many metallic chix would think were in the world. She was kind of shimmery liquid silver giving off waves of chroma aural like you wouldn't believe.

Well if it wasn't you then yeah sure consider yourself invited. We got an old hotel we renovated into a private place and put two clubs into. We usually have a couple of rooms open no matter what's going down but Gerry's a real stickler for the dress code thing. Just remember to bring your thong for Thong-Friday and it'll be cool.

T_pencil.jpg

Okay, it's getting pretty close to the 26th, and as is usual for my slacker self, I've totally failed to form a plan of action. Transportation for the first leg of the journey is taken care of. Flicker has graciously volunteered to teleport me to my first destination. After that, I'm on my own.

So, who is able to see me on the 26th? It's just two days from now.

Thanks for all the awesome invites go out to: Regina Newcastle, Timeslip & Long, Slattern, Sylvan, Waki, Tarot, and Stellar.

Stellar: I know that you have to work around the tour schedule, and I'm at loose ends, so I think it'd be best if you let me know when and where I should hook up with the travelling XWF circus and I will be sure to be there. I don't want to inconvenience you at all.

You are, of course, welcome in my home. I'll be jumping back and forth between the San Fransisco, Chicago, and my dig site. If you are near any of those areas and need a place feel free to contact me and I'll work my schedule and make sure you have a place. I have plenty of extra rooms at my house, so there shouldn't be any trouble there.

Archived