Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - HoH: The Early Bird Killer (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dat's OK, humie. Dis thred needed ta be mo' orky!

aggghhh%20ork.gif

WAAAAAGH!

Ahem... sorry, couldn't resist.

In all seriousness though, at one point I thought Naomi fainting would be doing too much, but then again I did sorta get a truckload of HP so... I figured I'd better roleplay out the injury.

Naomi should recover easily though, this is a comic book world. Concussions RL are serious business.

DAKKA! U NEEDS MOAR OF IT! :P

Glad to have you Joani.

I don't expect Russ to be out cold long. He's just had his energy zapped. Soon as that trap opens up he'll be back in action when he can reconnect with his other half. He's not suffering from any real injury stats wise, so as soon as he can access his other half he should wake right back up.

No clue what to do about this whole wearing a dress thing though :P

Sorry, HH probably can not afford your services. And he's already sold just about everything he can ;)

EDIT: BTW, where are we on this? I know HH is kind of indisposed at the moment, but I'm eager to get him back in the action. Should we consider combat rounds / initiative to be over?

I have two ideas forming here. Either Blitz takes the deal in order to get her BF back on his feet, or I can have Russel stir, hear the terms, and agree to it with the last of his conscious strength. He of course won't be at full power until he gets his dog back.

Considering Carver may be MIA for who knows how long, I'm perfectly willing to go with the second idea. Just figured I'd take a poll of what everyone else in the thread thinks.

EDIT: Of course having Russell agree to it may have interesting complications with the *ahem* other parties he's sold his soul to already. If he makes a fae pact, they might come knocking, thinking they've got to protect their 'investment'.

Hee hee...when I originally had this idea, I figured she'd be doing the deal with Russell...but it could be anyone.

So yeah, if you want to have Russell wake up, she'd be happy to deal with him directly.

And just to defend her apparent mercenary nature here...there's reasons she's putting conditions on her aid. She's not just a meanie. :)

Sorry, SB's taking one for the team with the deal.

I didn't know there was posting in regards to this until I saw Joani had posted with more info on her character here. So the OOC for HoH was under my radar when I decided to do the deal.

It was for Russ' sake, after all.

Addendum: Also is borrowing Bo for a moment.

She noticed. She's waiting to see what happens when you guys open the can up. At that point, she wasn't sure she'd really be having anything more to do with Russ...she had no idea if you guys were all together or just bystanders at the scene of an accident.

Indeed! I really like the feel of the fact that while Russell IS in control of his inner demons (Because I'll never have him take the Rage feat or anything). He's only JUST in control ;)

@SalmonMax: Was my poem that cryptic that Sigil can't make out what he sold his soul for? I'd think she'd be able to understand it seeing as she works her own magic through rhetoric. Just in case you've missed a bit on the OOC level: Russell sold his soul for the power to be able to save his younger sister from a group of murderous kidnappers. The demons he made the pact with omitted the fact that even with the power to save her, he'd never get to her in time to use it. So he basically sold his soul in vain. However, as he viewed the demons as violating their end of the agreement, he turned their deal around on him. He agreed to trade his soul for the salvation of his sister. Russell means to make sure they don't get his soul until he finds a way to save her. No matter how long it takes. He has NO IDEA how he might accomplish this, but that's besides the point for the scope of this game.

EDIT: Also, the deal was made a good deal of time ago. He only just renewed his 2-year contract, essentially.

Aside: What Russell doesn't know is that the Demon essentially broke the agreement by leaving him and refusing to return. By wrestling it back into himself, he's ensured the terms of the agreement have changed. He may or may not still owe his soul to someone. We'll figure out that bridge when we get there ;)

A lot of the terms of the deal depend on the GM...my sense of it is that the demon tried to break the agreement, but he was able to force it to return to him -because- the demon was bound by the agreement. Russ isn't a magician, after all...his words had power because the contract gave him power.

Ironically, if he'd let the demon go, then yeah...agreement null and void. Maybe that's why Sigil thinks he's a bit dim right now. :)

Well, dim and/or greedy for power.

Max, just so you know, the walls of the command center are mostly glass (the bottom say three feet would be plain wall) and it's got sort of school desks with flat screen monitors for the desk parts. You can see into the gallery, which is sort of like the team trophy room, though the windows look out over Lake City's local ballpark (the windows are one-way glass); there are two battered looking suits of armor and a few other items on pedestals.

I'm thinking this might be a good point to close this thread, award Power Points and discuss what happens next; I have another story planned, but I wanted to know if folks wanted a short interim thread of adjusting to new characters (including introducing Joani's new tank), maybe with a little sparring/workout at Rusty's Ranch? Or we can plunge on to the next story.

I think 3 PP seems fair, unless there are strong disagreements and/or bribes.

I am planning a fic showing Sigil doing her civic service exam thingy, and the studying for it.

Some kind of downtime for RP with other PCs would be nice, but could be handled in side threads concurrently with plot development.

I'm not hard to please.

We could use a short breather before the next plot beat. Getting introductions done with Joani's character will be a useful thing as well.

3 PP huh? Decent. ^_^ Hero Points do carry over through adventures, correct?

I also still need to look through the Advantages to find out about how I can transform my Leaps into a slam attack. (Ever see those videos when somene gets knocked down by an excersise ball? Now imagine that at 250 MPH!!!)

In any case... I'm up for a filler episode before the next plot! :D

Archived