Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [CN-plot] The Undernight

These things weren't letting up... Kei knew she wasn't hitting optimally... then again she was pushing herself to the edge of her skill. But seeing the desperate time Supreme was happening meant she had to take charge...

"Dammit!"

One of the Boblings attacked her, pinching her armor and doing quite alot to anger her further... she didn't even bother healing up the damage this time... she was gonna remember this until there was nothing but calamari... when it munched on her chest, she heard her suit rip and rupture, and she felt the pincer breach the mechanism the CO2 cartridge on her vest was attached to, triggering it and the sudden expansion of her PFD spooked it off. But Kei knew there was a lot of damage to her new flight suit under her outer armor, she felt the leg material from the previous attack give way and rip, now there was a probable rip on the chest as well. And now her Cormorant vest needed maintenance.

"Oh that's it, calamari face... You and your little brothers are dead!" Kei exclaimed, she was now embarrassed on top of being pissed off.

OOC... this is now the soundtrack in the background...

"Nate! Fall back and protect Supreme at all costs! Swat Team, Focus fire on the closest monster to supreme!" Kei shouts and May translates immediately so everyone is on the same page. "May, get behind Supreme and Nate... and don't get hurt!"

Awareness Check to hear Karrie and Naomi
[Kamiko] 9:30 pm: Last 5 megas

[Kamiko] 9:30 pm: Per+Awareness+MegaPer

Kamiko *rolls* 15d10: 7+4+7+7+9+1+10+3+9+5+5+10+4+3+1: 85

[Kamiko] 9:31 pm: I doubt Observant pops

[Kamiko] 9:31 pm: but it's moot, 9 sux otherwise.

[Kamiko] 9:32 pm: witness?

[Asarasa] 9:32 pm: Witnessed

She knew Naomi, Karrie and Rob were in a bad way, hearing Naomi screech in pain and Karrie scream in agony only put more fuel on the Sea Eagle's rage fires. This was war, and she intends to win. Once she's plowed the road, she is going in and saving Karrie, Naomi, and Rob... if she can get to them in time! But first this little mutant family of freaks... She unloads her blast from her hands, first on the one she was bit by, followed up by unleashing from her open hands two more shots of the "Anti-Materiel Laser" on two more of the little beasts.

Damage - Takes 2 Bruised Conditions
[Kamiko] 9:49 pm: Rolling damage, Soaked 20, Rolling 5d10

Kamiko *rolls* 5d10: 4+7+5+8+9: 33

[Kamiko] 9:49 pm: Hah... barely bruised again.

[Carver] 9:50 pm: Can I get the second post up before you do Kei?

[Kamiko] 9:50 pm: I think I'll let that slide...

To Hit Rolls, 3 attacks
[Kamiko] 9:53 pm: Going to do 3 shots this time, so starting with a -2 penalty all around for weaknesses, plus a -3, -4, and -5 to hit, last dice are megadexterity.

Kamiko *rolls* 10d10: 8+7+9+7+5+3+7+6+3+9: 64

Kamiko *rolls* 9d10: 3+5+4+9+6+4+7+7+3: 48

Kamiko *rolls* 8d10: 2+1+10+5+6+9+4+8: 45

[Kamiko] 9:54 pm: Attack 1: 6 Sux

[Kamiko] 9:55 pm: Attack 2: 5 sux

[Kamiko] 9:55 pm: Attack 3: 5 Sux

[Kamiko] 9:56 pm: Witnessed?

[Asarasa] 9:58 pm: Witnessed

QBolt Info
Each Quantum Bolt does (10+17d L) I already factored that into the write-up of the power's damage code on my sheet.

This does not include any overage.

spending 2QP for each Quantum Bolt
32/50 QP
25/20 Soak
2 Bruised Health Levels[/code]

Dramatic Notes
Since worn armor won't stack with the Armor nova power I'm currently using, and I am weathering the blows of 15+ damage, I am taking dramatic license in having the flight suit and gear she's wearing underneath her Armor power (I got attunement 5 so I sorta work like that) start being damaged by the fighting. Gotta love Quantum Weirdness, eh?

Morale
Angry, Embarrassed, and hungry for Calamari or Sashimi.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naomi growled like a combative cat, ready to pounce... her ears pinned back and her tail flicked agitatedly. If that thing attacked, she would intercept the blow to protect Karrie. She would take the blow if it meant saving the life of a comrade. Then the memories of her... no Shiro's death came to light...

She mewed and hid behind Karrie, her hands on her shoulders. "Is this my time?..." Naomi thought. "...No I can't show cowardice now... Karrie needs me!"

Rob's heroic efforts followed by Karrie's voice snaps her out of her instinctual mindset.

"Naomi... help... get me up."

"Oh, right, Dinah-Sensei." She pulls her up. "Can I help with anything in regards to first aid?"

Enhanced Movement is on
Walk:42, Run:96, Sprint:192
Armor is DESTROYED
Naomi is at 15/8 Soak
Quantum Pool 68/75[/code]

The flailing pseudopods skimmed harmlessly from Rob's gravitic forcefield, not even coming close enough to deposit slime on his black and gold uniform. He took a split second to glance back to where Karrie was slumped in pain and Naomi was crouching over her, ready to intercept a blow that would likely flatten the investigative genius, and his usually-warm brown eyes narrowed and, as they turned back to the slithering beast, hardened. He couldn't let it happen, no matter what. He'd tried to restrain the creature: now he had to step it up.

Activating Multitasking: 1 qp

Taking 4 actions, penalties are -2, -2, -3, -3

1 Gravitic Blast: Dex 5 + M-Dex 3 + Gravitic Mastery 5 - Action penalty -3 (Multiple actions + Superheavy penalty) = 10 dice, Megas last

1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=9

6 succs to hit

Damage: 10 Auto + 15 Dice Lethal

Cost: 3 qp

2 Gravitic Blast: Dex 5 + M-Dex 3 + Gravitic Mastery 5 - Action penalty -3 (Multiple actions + Superheavy penalty) = 10 dice, Megas last

1d10=3, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=9

5 succs to hit

Damage: 10 Auto + 14 Dice Lethal

3 Elemental Crush: Int 5 + M-Int 3 + Elemental Mastery 5 - Action penalty -3 (Multiple Actions) = 10 dice, Megas last

1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=2

6 succs to hit: Bob the Blob (or what's left of him/her/it) is moved back from the group 60 metres and takes 12 bashing levels of damage, plus has -6 initiative next turn.

4 Held action (-3 penalty) in case some in-fielding is needed

Quantum Pool remaining: 46

Telluris clenched both fists and stepped forward before thrusting his arms out towards the monstrosity. Tight packets of micro-anomalies ripped into thing with terrifying force, shredding tissue and bone in their wake. Without even waiting for Ugly to start thrashing, he brought one arm around in a backhanded motion, fingers poised as if grasping at something.

A wave of rock, the crest of which bore a resemblance to fingers, rose and crashed down on the monster, battering and crushing as it carried Squideous away from the group about sixty metres. Stepping forward once more, Rob waited, his enhanced senses peering into the gloom, to see if the creature had any more fight in it.

Karrie gritted her teeth and stared at the monster, until Rob's push shoved it away. "Shit." Her muttered curse could barely be heard. "Naomi... help... get me up." She needed to be ready to move, just in case she had to get closer to it to keep it weak.

She's using Disorient now. I almost feel sorry for Bob.

Roll: [1, 8, 5, 3, 4, 10, 2, 8] + mega [5, 2, 8]. Total Successes: 5.

Quantum: 4 spent | Willpower: 0 spent | Health levels: 6 down, Crippled

Actions:

2 q spent to activate quickness again

5 attacks this round, 4 against the ones attacking him and 1 against one of the boblings on Supreme 1 move action to get to the one on Supreme

This assumes he kills one bobling per attack, if he doesn't kill all the boblings on himself he will stay where he is and keep swinging at them instead of moving to support supreme, in which case it will be 6 attacks no move.

Rolls:

[Mr Fox] 10:26 am: Ok, so for undernight, I'm going to roll 6 attacks, just incase one of nates boblings don't fall. If it takes out all four in 4 swings then he'll move and attack one of Supremes' [Carver] 10:28 am: Fox: Ok.

1st Attack: 5 Successes Mr Fox *rolls* 8d10: 2+2+2+5+4+8+2+3: 28 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 8+6+1+2+7: 24 [Mr Fox] 10:29 am:

2nd attack: 7 Successes Mr Fox *rolls* 8d10: 8+3+10+2+10+2+5+3: 43 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 4+6+5+10+7: 32 [Mr Fox] 10:29 am:

3rd attack: Successes Mr Fox *rolls* 8d10: 10+8+6+9+2+8+7+1: 51 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 2+9+1+2+9: 23 [Mr Fox] 10:29 am: Oops, that 2nd attack should have been 7 dice [Mr Fox] 10:30 am: rolling it again. [Carver] 10:30 am: Jsut reroll the 7 dice. [Mr Fox] 10:30 am: Ok Mr Fox *rolls* 7d10: 7+10+1+4+3+2+6: 33

[Mr Fox] 10:30 am: 4th attack 5 Successes Mr Fox *rolls* 7d10: 1+4+1+5+9+3+4: 27 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 4+1+8+8+4: 25

[Mr Fox] 10:31 am: 5th attack: 5 Successes Mr Fox *rolls* 8d10: 4+5+9+1+6+10+1+9: 45 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 3+9+4+3+6: 25

[Mr Fox] 10:31 am: 6th attack 7 Successes (if it goes to 6) Mr Fox *rolls* 7d10: 1+10+8+6+9+5+6: 45 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 7+3+1+8+4: 23

Text:

Nate felt like a character in one of the Star Wars movies, he was a blinding blur of speed and flashing death. Four of the monsters were surrounding him and attacking now. He slashed right and left at the same time to the ones on his flanks taking the one on the right with his blue blade diagonally across the middle of it's mass leaving two piles of the Cthulu spawn. The one on the left was taken with a horizontal slash neatly cleaving it in twain. He giggled in the middle of battle he was having so much fun.

He had actually just 'cleaved something in twain!'

With both of his blades out of position the two monsters in front of him moved to attack, but he brought both blades flying back to center in mirrored slashes from outside to inside cleaving another pair. Seeing that the four that had been attacking him were dead and his teammate Supreme was in danger he used his strength to leap to his aid bringing one blade forward in an overhead slash designed to cleave another in twain.

He giggled again as the horror split down the middle from head to base leaving two steaming gory partially cauterized halves lying at their feet.

(Alternate wording incase the 4 on him didn't die in the 4 attacks.)

He had hoped to go to Supreme's aid, but the darned monsters hadn't obliged by dying the way he had hoped, so instead of moving he stood his ground determined to finish these things off. He swung again putting his strength behind the blow knowing that if he connected solidly it would go down. Not even waiting to see if that would finish things he stabbed with the other blade for the squid-like head and then ripped the blade free up and out leaving another dead monster falling at his feet.

They didn’t go easy anymore. Nate was starting to realize he’d caught the first three off guard; when they made attempts to get away from him, they were moderately successful. The first three blows missed, two of them by inches. But the fourth was a solid hit.

Now Nate felt like a character in one of the Star Wars movies, he was a blinding blur of speed and flashing death. His blue blade diagonally across the middle of its mass leaving two piles of the Cthulu spawn. The one on the left was taken with a horizontal slash neatly cleaving it in twain. He giggled in the middle of battle he was having so much fun.

He had actually just 'cleaved something in twain!'

He had hoped to go to Supreme's aid, but the darned monsters hadn't obliged by dying the way he had hoped, so instead of moving he stood his ground determined to finish these things off. He swung again putting his strength behind the blow knowing that if he connected solidly it would go down.

She knew Naomi, Karrie and Rob were in a bad way, hearing Naomi screech in pain and Karrie scream in agony only put more fuel on the Sea Eagle's rage fires. This was war, and she intends to win. Once she's plowed the road, she is going in and saving Karrie, Naomi, and Rob... if she can get to them in time! But first this little mutant family of freaks... She unloads her blast from her hands, first on the one she was bit by, followed up by unleashing from her open hands two more shots of the "Anti-Materiel Laser" on two more of the little beasts. Enraged, Kei fired on the one in front of her – and missed. “GOD DAMMIT!” she shrieked as she shot again. This blast seared right through its head, leaving a black hole before the disgusting little monster twitched and collapsed. But then her next bolt, aimed at one on Supreme, missed again!

Supreme was faring better. His knife was bloodied not once but twice as he stabbed. The first monster he merely scratched, but his second attack went right for the wound that Kei had made seconds ago. The monster shrieked and collapsed completely, its body looking like it had just come from a Lovecraftian fishing net instead of a fight on land.

The two left on Jedi turned their beaks on him next, their tentacles flailing as they attacked with a single-minded purpose. Of course they hit him – he wasn’t even trying to avoid them – but their beaks did no damage.

The one on Supreme turned suddenly and charged Kei, its voice shrieking angrily. It was eerily like someone throwing themselves at an attacker in grief – but these were squidlings! They didn’t have feelings – right? Regardless, it delivered a punishing chomp to Kei’s knee, its beak trying to pierce her skin and possibly provide her with a free amputation.

’Initiative’
Jedi – 23

Kei – 21

Rob – 19

Supreme – 17

Karrie – 15

Naomi – 13

Bob/Boblings – 8

SWAT/Maier – 7

Rolls

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] dodge check Roll: [2, 9, 9, 6, 7, 2, 10, 4] + mega [9, 6, 10]. Total Successes: 9., Miss

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] dodge check Roll: [9, 3, 4, 1, 10, 7, 5, 5] + mega [6, 7, 9]. Total Successes: 7., Tie – Miss

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] dodge check Roll: [3, 6, 10, 1, 9, 6, 6, 5] + mega [8, 3, 9]. Total Successes: 6., Tie - Miss

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] dodge check Roll: [9, 6, 10, 4, 2, 5, 6, 3] + mega [6, 6, 3]. Total Successes: 2., Hit

--Damage: Dead

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] no actions left to dodge

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] no actions left to dodge

Bobling [attacked by Kei] dodge check Roll: [6, 7, 1, 4, 2, 2, 5, 10] + mega [7, 7, 4]. Total Successes: 6. Tie – Miss

Bobling [attacked by Kei] dodge check Roll: [9, 4, 10, 3, 4, 6, 2, 6] + mega [2, 5, 5]. Total Successes: 2. Hit

--Damage: Roll: [4, 2, 4, 7, 7, 8, 8]. Total Successes: 4., Dead

Bobling [attack by Kei] dodge check Roll: [6, 8, 5, 7, 4, 9, 7, 3] + mega [8, 5, 2]. Total Successes: 6. Miss

Bobling [attacked by Supreme] dodge check Roll: [8, 9, 4, 4, 6, 2, 2, 3] + mega [3, 7, 7]. Total Successes: 6., Hit

--Damage: Roll: [4, 10]. Total Successes: 1. (4 total Lethal taken)

Bobling [attacked by Supreme] dodge check Roll: [4, 4, 1, 2, 2, 9, 1, 3] + mega [6, 2, 6]. Total Successes: 1., Hit

--Damage: Roll: [9, 8, 5, 4, 8, 9, 10]. Total Successes: 5. Dead (including previous damage)

Bobling [attacking Jedi] Lethal beak attack Roll: [5, 1, 4, 3, 1, 8, 4] + mega [4, 5, 2]. Total Successes: 1., Hit

--no damage

Bobling [attacking Jedi] Lethal beak attack Roll: [2, 6, 4, 6, 7, 6, 10] + mega [4, 8, 3]. Total Successes: 4., Hit

--no damage

Roll: [8, 7, 5, 9, 8, 6, 5] + mega [2, 5, 8]. Total Successes: 6., Hit

--damage: [15]+15d10L

PC Required Rolls and Notes
Kei needs to make a damage roll of [15]+15d10 (Lethal), after removing her soak.

With an audible squish of noise, the squid compacted its body around Rob’s first beam, but clear wasn’t expecting the second attack from the earth-mover. The monster’s face compressed with the second blow. That might have been the moment of death, but the fingers of rock weren’t there to find a pulse. Instead they crushed the beast further down into the cavern, leaving it’s body a quivering mass of goo at the end of the hall.

Telluris was called the DSA’s big guns for a reason, and that reason showed in these few seconds. When he stopped being all mamby-pamby about fighting and pulled out his full arsenal, he was quite a force. Of course, Karrie helped this time. Not that it was obvious, especially when the woman in question was barely standing, leaning against Naomi after struggling to stand. In fact, when she saw that the monster was not moving anymore, she gasped, “Okay, Naomi, please put me down. Rob… I have Sticky-aid in my pack.” She could feel her ribs grating on one another with each movement; she couldn’t remember being hurt quite so badly before.

Initiative
Jedi – 23

Kei – 21

Rob – 19

Supreme – 17

Karrie – 15

Naomi – 13

Bob/Boblings – 8

SWAT/Maier – 7

Rolls
Bob has three actions:

1 dodge

2 attacks (one aborted to a move)

Bob [attacked by Telluris] dodge check Roll: [7, 10, 4, 6, 2, 4, 1, 9] + mega [1, 10, 5]. Total Successes: 6., Tie - Miss

Bob [attacked by Telluris] no actions for a dodge, hit

--damage: [5]+14d10 (after soak) Roll: [7, 4, 3, 9, 4, 1, 5, 6, 1, 3, 9, 6, 1, 9]. Total Successes: 4 = 9 Damage (15 total)

Bob [attacked by Telluris] no actions for a dodge, hit

--damage: 7d10 (after soak) Roll: [9, 3, 5, 6, 10, 2, 9]. Total Successes: 3. (18 total)

Bob be dead. The end.

None. You three are on a brief hold until we resolve the other group’s combat.

"Yaarrghhh!"

The squid that bit down on her Knee actually drew blood, cracking completely her armor to the point of it shattering where it bit. And it refused to release it seemed. This was not good...

Kei takes 4 Damage levels
[Kamiko] 9:57 pm: ok, subtracting soak, I roll... 10d10

Kamiko *rolls* 10d10: 10+3+6+6+8+5+4+7+9+3: 61

[Kamiko] 9:58 pm: Ooh, the little nipper did 4... a little overachiever.

[Kamiko] 9:58 pm: witness?

[Carver] 9:58 pm: Amen!

Auto Action: Spending 5 QP to heal 5 levels of damage, now at 1 Bruised
27/50 QP
25/20 Soak
1 Bruised Health Damage[/code] "I... AM NOT... A TOWN GUARD!!!" Kei screams as she hops back, The wound it dealt healing as fast as it was caused. Kei's blood mixing with the blood of the other downed creatures. The armor that was chipped soon self-heals as well. She makes the decision, frag the one critter that decided to commit suicide by attacking her, then being smart and being prepared for the next little bugger that heads her way.
Deceptive Defense Roll
[Kamiko] 12:03 am: First making a deceptive defense roll. [Kamiko] 12:04 am: My Manipulation versus the first attacker's wits. [Kamiko] 12:08 am: oh wow, I only got 4 dice to roll... 3 Man, 1 MMan. [Kamiko] 12:08 am: last die mega Kamiko *rolls* 4d10: 3+4+9+7: 23 [Kamiko] 12:08 am: One sux... [Kamiko] 12:08 am: wow [Kamiko] 12:09 am: 3 sux sorry [Kamiko] 12:09 am: I think I wasted some NP taking that. [Kamiko] 12:10 am: Witness? [Long6] 12:11 am: yes [Mike] 12:11 am: I saw it
[code]Spending 1QP To activate Deceptive Defense
26/50 QP
Contested with the attacker's wits, only works for the first dodge.
Kei decides just to take care of this one that attacked her, and let the next comer take it's try. Faking that she is hurt worse than she is to make her next opponent telegraph its attack.
Taking 1 attack action, and one defensive action (Dodge)
Attack
[Kamiko] 12:22 am: ok so at -2 for taking 2 actions and another -2 to hit. [Kamiko] 12:22 am: last 5 mega Kamiko *rolls* 11d10: 5+2+4+4+7+10+6+2+6+9+9: 64 [Kamiko] 12:22 am: 6 Sux [Kamiko] 12:22 am: witness? [Mike] 12:23 am: I saw it.
2 QP for Quantum Bolt
24/50 QP[/code]
Dodge
[Kamiko] 12:25 am: Dex+Athletics roll, last 5 mega, -3 for multiple actions. Kamiko *rolls* 12d10: 5+2+2+6+7+1+2+3+3+4+8+7: 50 [Kamiko] 12:25 am: 5 sux [Kamiko] 12:25 am: pitiful [Kamiko] 12:26 am: witness? [Kamiko] 12:27 am: ? Kamiko waits [Mike] 12:28 am: Yep, I saw it.
My damage
If I hit, I deal 10+14dL for my Quantum bolt.
Deceptive Defense notes
For the dodge I took I get added dice equal to what I rolled for manipulation minus the number of successes the attacker gets on a wits check. I only got 3 successes on that manipulation roll. You can roll the DD dice (if any) since I don't know if I will even be attacked next round.
[code]Status:
24/50 QP
25/20 Soak
1 Bruised Level Damage

Actions:

Spending 2q on quickness again this round. 6 actions. He's going to concentrate on attack swinging at one until it is dead and then moving on to the next. Once he finishes off the two on him (assuming he does), he will take a move action to go to Supreme's aid and attack one on him.

Rolls:

Mr Fox] 12:18 pm: 1st attack: 9 successes

Mr Fox *rolls* 8d10: 10+10+8+10+3+2+6+4: 53 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 9+2+5+10+4: 30

[Mr Fox] 12:18 pm: 2nd attack: 8 successes

[Kamiko] 12:18 pm: Witnessed. Mr Fox *rolls* 7d10: 8+3+4+3+6+4+1: 29 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 4+4+10+8+8: 34 [Kamiko] 12:19 pm: witnessed [Mr

Fox] 12:19 pm: 3rd attack: 6 successes

Mr Fox *rolls* 8d10: 6+8+7+2+10+10+6+4: 53 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 7+1+2+5+4: 19

[Mr Fox] 12:19 pm: 4th attack: 4 successes

[Kamiko] 12:19 pm: Witnessed. Mr Fox *rolls* 7d10: 1+2+2+10+8+1+5: 29 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 8+5+5+6+4: 28

[Mr Fox] 12:20 pm: 5th attack: 4 successes

Mr Fox *rolls* 8d10: 6+2+5+10+6+3+6+8: 46 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 4+2+5+2+8: 21

[Mr Fox] 12:20 pm: 6th attack: 6 successes

Mr Fox *rolls* 7d10: 3+2+10+7+9+8+4: 43 Mr Fox *rolls* 5d10: 8+5+2+2+3: 20

Text:

Nate was annoyed that his last series of attacks hadn't been a total success. He frowned slightly but didn't miss a beat as he began concentrating on killing one of the little cthulu horrors before moving on to the next. No more swinging wildly at everything in sight, now he was serious.

First swing was meant to decapitate and went right across the monster's neck. That one seemed to do the trick so he moved on to the next and swung his other blade in a similar strike against the other one before him that was still alive.

When he was done with those to he moved to relieve Supreme, thrusting and ripping with his glowing blades.

Nate was annoyed that his last series of attacks hadn't been a total success. He frowned slightly but didn't miss a beat as he began concentrating on killing one of the little cthulu horrors before moving on to the next. No more swinging wildly at everything in sight, now he was serious.

First swing was meant to decapitate and went right across the monster's neck. That one seemed to do the trick so he moved on to the next and swung his other blade in a similar strike against the other one before him that was still alive. Annoyingly, this one ducked, but he caught it on the backswing.

When he was done with those to he moved to relieve Supreme, thrusting and ripping with his glowing blades. Again the stupid thing ducked him, but once again he missed on the first swing. They’re learning, he thought, but not fast enough! His back swing removed the last one’s head.

There was a moment of silence as the novas realized that the monsters were gone.

Initiative
Jedi – 23

Kei – 21

Rob – 19

Supreme – 17

Karrie – 15

Naomi – 13

Bob/Boblings – 8

SWAT/Maier – 7

Rolls
Bobling [attacked by Jedi] dodge check Roll: [1, 4, 7, 10, 8, 9, 8, 7] + mega [6, 7, 2]. Total Successes: 8. - Hit

--damage: Dead

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] dodge check Roll: [6, 1, 10, 3, 8, 5, 10, 9] + mega [8, 7, 6]. Total Successes: 8. – Miss

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] no dodge left

Jedi [Move action]

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] dodge check Roll: [8, 5, 2, 7, 10, 8, 10, 3] + mega [10, 1, 4]. Total Successes: 8. – Miss

Bobling [attacked by Jedi] no dodge left

That is the end of the Boblings – thank you all for playing.

Combat is OVAH!

Kei fell to her knees, she was ready to finish the battle, but Nate seemed to follow his role to the letter. Supreme was still alive and So was the SWAT team.

She de-armored, and her gear was ripped, torn, and generally looking like it needed severe repair. The only thing giving her modesty is the fact most of the damage was on her arms and legs. She let the air out of her accidentally triggered vest and let the air bladder sit over her shoulders to provide a little modesty as she looked about. But then it snapped in her mind...

"Crap! KARRIE!"

She turned in a panic to Supreme. "Supreme, I'm going to need a medic. May, you too, you got the first aid kit!"

Kei runs into the cave, firing off a second flare once she nears where everyone should be for lighting.

"Karrie! Rob! Naomi! You three okay or is the fight still going on?!?"

Finally seeing Naomi holding up a injured Karrie, and Rob starting to work on her just made Kei scared. "Is she okay, Rob?"

Naomi's ears were down from the effort, but she looked over Karrie as Kei ran in in a panic.

"She's okay, but dinged up pretty bad, Kei. Rob's working on her already with one of her medkit-like devices."

She mewed in concern. "We really should get you to the Hospital, Dinah-Sensei. We don't know the full extent of your injuries."

She looked at Kei and didn't feel so bad that her suit got wrecked too. She cracked a smirk.

Supreme looked at Karrie and Rob " may I"

As Supreme looked over Karrie injures he relised the Speed it is healing at.

Supreme Turned toward Naomi " it ok what ever they are using is healing her fine" Supreme reinsure her in a voice he used on his own cats or patients love ones.

“Down,” Rob said to Naomi, and the two lowered her back to the ground. “Idiot,” Rob chided Karrie softly. “When you’re hurt this bad, stay down.”

“I know. I thought – AH! Ow… I thought I’d have to chase it.” Karrie groaned again as she was placed carefully back on the ground, on her back. At that time, Kei and Supreme appeared and added to the chaos.

Rob ignored them to dig in Karrie’s ever-present bag and pulled out a red box. He opened Karrie’s coat with steady fingers and gently peeled her shirt up. The revealed torso was covered in stark, ugly bruises. Rob’s steadfast expression flickered with unreadable emotion; then he popped over the red box and pulled out a wet cloth. Carefully, he laid the cloth over Karrie’s ribs. Closing the box, he leaned over and told her, “Your giant baby wipe of healing is applied.”

“Thanks.” She looked up at the others. “I’m gonna be fine in about a minute. You don’t have to stand there and stare at me. In fact, I’m pretty sure there’s a giant squid-body up that corridor that’s way more interesting than me.”

When this is done, Karrie will have 3 levels of lethal damage left.

Kei starts taking command. "Supreme, I may need your scanning equipment to assess just what in the blue blazes that thing was that almost ripped these guys in twine. Naomi, you got some swagger with the police, I'll need you to head back and notify everyone that the situation seems clear I'll send May back with you. Once Karrie can get on her feet I'm sure she has something to assist here. Rob, your ability to control earth will be a help in looking for any more corridors these things left behind."

Kei takes a thermal blanket out of one of her remaining survival pouches and covers herself up with it like a cape. "I will escort Supreme to whatever that was and protect him."

Supreme look both Rob and Karrie in the eyes "Once your toy does its work i will check on you to make sure you healed correctly.

my job is kepping you alive" Supreme spoke with the authority that all doctors seem to share in these cases.

unlike before Supreme was pure professional in looking at the injures but Supreme eyes couldn't hide the concern that he had over the damage Karrie Suffer.

"Now Rob let me look. you and Kei is need uphead make sure there is no more suprises." Supreme shoo them away.

Supreme watch as the toy healed her wounds. After it was finished Supreme look at karrie" it healed part of your wounds but not all of it. i would like you to to rest but i know you want to carry on. so i will heal you it will take a few minutes so law still and relax"

Supreme hands begain to glow a warm blue light surrounded Karrie as her very quantum structure begain to reconstructed itself. restoring her to health.

medical

he will check on her injuries then make sure it she is healing ok

Roll: [7, 2, 4, 9, 6, 7, 7, 3, 1, 5] + mega [3, 3, 7]. Total Successes: 6.

Spend 3 q to heal her of one lethal.

Quantum 7/50

Nate had seen way too many horror movies in his life where the good guys leave a supposedly dead monster laying unchecked only to have it get up and slink away to be a problem again later. So when Kei and Supreme ran off to check up on the others he stayed behind to make damned sure the little cthululoids were permanently dead.

When he was done looking them over which only took a minute he turned to the SWAT team and the one guy that spoke English. "I'm sure they are dead, but don't let down your guard and don't let your men touch those things. The science types will want to examine them shortly." He turned off his blue lightsaber leaving his face lit in the red glow of his other blade and added, "Keep your eyes open and if one of those bodies gets up, shoot it a lot."

He flicked off his other blade leaving only the flashlights of the policemen illuminating the area. He reached over and took a light from one of the cops and then headed down the tunnel to where the others had gone. He still had one of his unlit sabers in his right hand, flashlight in the other as he walked in to see the carnage of the other half of the battle. Seeing the big squid monster he whistled. "Man that thing looks nasty."

Hearing the familiar voice of Nate was welcome as she came upon what was the body of a horror that shouldn't exist.

"Hmm... once Supreme is done playing doctor, I'm going to need his expertise in biological analysis. I want to see if this is the creature that killed those two urban explorers."

She steps up next to Nate and quickly kisses him on the cheek. "You were great back there."

"Thanks." He wanted to say more, but in the aftermath of the fight he didn't think it would be proper to say how much he enjoyed the fight.

Looking at the big critter he said, "So I suppose this thing was some hideously tainted nova? I sure hope it wasn't aliens."

"Oh god perish the thought if it was and Alien... this could be considered an act of war. And if this was some... horribly mutated Nova... we probably took it out of it's misery."

As Kei looked it over, the tears on her suit were obvious. There were still a few, healed-over marks and bruises on her skin where a Bobling tried to chew her leg off at the knee.

Naomi headed out to the SWAT team outside. She cleared her throat and one of the SWAT officers tossed her a bottle of water.

"Thank you." Naomi said in German, taking a drink before speaking up. "Okay, I need these bodies treated as evidence. Do not disturb them. Send in the Crime Scene technicians to have them properly collected. We need samples from each downed creature in here."

Her German was impecable. Even with her tattered armor, she put off a trustable air of authority. Then again, it was her years as a teacher shining through. "I'm going to need two free officers to head into the tunnels. There is one wounded but she is going to be functional in no time. I need these two to go into the tunnel and help light the area for Supreme, Umiwashi, and Jedi. The signal flare Umiwashi deployed isn't bright enough."

She sighed, her back somewhat sore from the slam she suffered. "May..." Naomi said in her British sounding English. "I'm going to need you to accompany the detectives at this point. I am going to lay down somewhere for a few minutes."

"Are you okay, Naomi?" May said with her typical motherly concern.

"Yes... just tired, my back is a little sore. I just need some time to get my Energy up a little. Maybe you could get me some milk?"

Karrie giggled softly. “She wants milk,” she whispered to Rob, who was still crouching next to her with quiet concern.

“Yes, I was trying to ignore that.” Her friend brushed a loose strand of hair out of her eyes. “Feeling better?”

“Between Mr. Pizza and the Sticky-Aid, better.” Karrie glanced at her watch. “You can break it off now.” Rob carefully tugged at sections of the hardened white shell of the healing device, breaking pieces of it loose and discarding them. When he was done, he tugged Karrie’s shirt back down. “How’d it look?”

“Still bruised but better.” Rob offered her a hand and hauled her to her feet. Noting her wince, he asked, “Need to sit back down?”

Karrie shook her head. “I can soldier on.” As Rob tossed her a salute, Karrie shuffled down the hall to the squid-monster’s body. “Wow, that is one ugly fucker.”

“Or fuckette.” Rob’s observation wasn’t helpful but it earned a snicker from Karrie.

“Or maybe neither. Is that a fuck-it?”

“I think so.” Rob turned somber again. “Can you two assess it again?”

“Yeah.” A few minutes later, Karrie was able to confirm that, on first brush, that the creature matched the slime they’d found. Full analysis would depend on Supreme. “It’s too bad it committed suicide-by-superhero.” Karrie frowned. “It clearly had more powers than it displayed to us in the fight. Or there’s more stuff down here.”

“Let’s hope not.” Maier had come down to join them. Though he still looked uncertain, he was gamely coming down into the dark to do his job. “Where do these other tunnels go?”

“Around.” Rob’s answer was less than helpful but he wasn’t done. In rough terms, he outlined the area in a verbal map. “Should we go explore?”

“I would like you to,” Maier told them. Areas were assigned to two-men teams and the novas delved deeper. It was Jedi and Kei who found the abattoir. It was a large cavern with human corpses in it. There were fourteen bodies, each webbed to the wall with some kind of hardened slime. It was clear they’d been eaten on, but it was Supreme who realized that something had eaten its way out of the stomach, causing death.

The most disconcerting thing was the broken slime-web on the wall. There had been a body webbed there, but how it was gone.

The smell got to Kei. She checked for her gas mask, but finding the large pocket that carried it was gone, she put her hand over her mouth.

"My god... this is..."

She stepped backward. "Okay, I'll get the medical examiners in here to get these bodies down and at least try to give them some dignity." She sighed. "Son of a bitch... what was that thing... wait perhaps I might not wanna know. I'll... be outside."

She actually was... choking back tears at this point. Seeing bodies of once thinking, loving people treated like this was a psychological blow.

May brought the milk over to Naomi as she sat against a wall. She was fully healed, but still psychologically drained. She took a sip from the bottle and sighed. "Thanks."

As Kei went past to the police teams she saw Kei's demeanor. "Everyone is okay now, right?"

Kei just nodded, stunned, then went outside to speak to the Medical Examiners at the temporary HQ they set up.

Naomi got up, her ears were down. "I don't think she liked what she saw." She said with a concerned look on her face.

She grabs her raincoat that she took off to sit on and puts it back on. It was dirty, caked with a little of her own blood, but she was fine, otherwise. "I'm going to go in and see what she saw."

She finished her milk in one swig, a milk mustache on her face, then she goes in.

It didn't take long for her to see the body of "Bob". She hissed in disapproval thinking it would attack for a moment but seeing it was indeed dead, she moved on to the seeming breeding chamber.

"Good lord... it's like Aliens..." She says in English shining her flashlight on the bodies.

"Anyone figure out what was going on in here? I can see they were killed from some sort of thing that exploded out or eaten out from their stomachs."

In a way she was as morbidly curious as fearful wondering what in god's name happened here.

Inside Nate felt like hurling when he walked into the 'birthing' chamber. On the outside, his nova abilities allowed him to appear undisturbed, but he was anything but.

When the discovery was made that one was missing he felt sick to his stomach. If even one of these things got away, they could be looking at a terrible situation. He had felt a little bad when he realized that this must have been a really messed up nova, but that sympathy was gone now, utterly erased by the carnage in the abbatoir.

"Supreme, just for safety sake, I think you should do a close scan of those bodies we first found that tipped us off to this place. Make sure there aren't little squidlings in them. I doubt there will be, but better safe than sorry."

"I have to agree with Nate here, Supreme. I want to make sure there are no more things that could harm others."

She looked around for Kei, but not seeing her she turned to the rest. "Karrie, Rob, you think one of you could find Kei to do a sweep of the area to check for any stragglers that might be about? I wager since she was up front at the start of this furball, she has more than enough sensory ability to pick up on things."

She kneels down and examines the bodies with every moment. She had the mental capacity and the psychological fortitude for this duty. Naomi starts her examination to see exactly what these bodies were used for, before jumping towards any conclusions any further.

Forensic Examination - Science(Forensic), Int, Mint
[Kamiko] 2:07 pm: Making a forensics roll, last die mega int

Kamiko *rolls* 12d10: 8+8+10+3+6+6+2+10+2+4+6+8: 73

[Kamiko] 2:08 pm: 8 Sux

[Kamiko] 2:08 pm: Witness?

[envoy] 2:11 pm: yar. stuff blows up?

Note: Let me know if Discerning popped, so I may roll those 10s.

• 2 weeks later...

It took some time, but Supreme was able to confirm that it was the same creature. His machine also matched the squidlings to the same creature; genetically, they were all one being. “Asexual reproduction?” Karrie guessed.

“It’s one way to be sure you’ll always have a date on Friday night.” Rob’s quip made her grin. He had no jokes when he saw the fourteen dead and the missing body. “You killed twelve, right?”

“Yeah,” Jedi agreed heavily.

“They used the noise and vibrations of combat to flee. That’s why I didn’t notice them.” Rob looked angry.

Naomi could tell that the bodies had housed the young squidlings; there was enough goo and damage to the bodies to confirm that. But to her eyes, it also looked like there had been some manipulation of the dead flesh. Not like it had been cut or bruised, but like it had been altered by means unknown.

Supreme looked at the detective " do we have motion sensors. that way we can place them in areas we cleared and get warned if they moved thru the walls.and try to sneak up on us. plus the base lines here are possible host for the new generation. Sorry dectective if i may request keep your guys in group of three so if they are attacked we can respond to help "

Supreme looked at the rest of the group " now is the part i am not going be liked. the the little ones are clones. we missed two of them"

Supreme waited to make sure he got their attention " The real problem is if it is a true clone then it might have a survival feature that will cause one of them to rapidly envoled into its parent if it is linked telepathic then it will know our abilities and plan for us. also it may sacific the new adult so the little one can escape and become the new adult and find a new nest"

Supreme then smiled " that is only the worst case if we are luckly then there are two small clones running around seeking to escape us" supreme tryed to lighten the mood after dropping the bomb shell.

Supreme quitly shared his thoughts with karrie about the real proplem if it has human intelligence then it move straight down to the water levels and follow the flow into it was far enought away to move to a city and then the proplem really start

Supreme eyes flash a blushish purple " there is 14 bodies here right." as he turn to Naomi " we got 12 of them but their is really 16 bodies . two that the detective found so their might be 4 on the lose" He finshed saying as he turned to Karrie hoping she would tell him he miscounted some how.

"There's... still more, Supreme? We gotta fing them so they can be contained. If they get free god knows what they will do to the public!"

She sees Kei is not there. "From what I spotted, they definately used the bodies for breeding, This can't be good."

Sighing she starts to walk out. "I will let Kei know and she can join the search. My back is bothering me, I think something got misalligned. Nothing a chiropractor can't fix."

"God knows Kei is a far more capable fighter than I. I'm going to retire for the night."

She holds on to the mouth of the entrance to the chamber, wincing.

Nate's brows furrowed, "I thought there was only one that is unaccounted for?"

He wasn't happy about it even if it was only one. Just one of these things, if they had the same ability to reproduce that the big one had, would mean an exponential breeding cycle that could make these things a very real threat for the entire world, especially if they all had the same powers to move through rock that the adult had. He shuddered at the thought of squid monsters coming up and attacking in swarms.

Maybe I'd better hurry on getting that space ship built...

"Seems in the chaos of this madness we didn't catch all of them. I dropped my sensory abilities to conserve energy in the fight... seems that wasn't needed. I'm sorry." Naomi says, her ears drooping and she felt quite useless suddenly.

She looks around. Then realizes she was an idiot. She had her "Scholar" glasses. She puts them on and they didn't seem busted. She logs into the emergency network that Euronet, DSA, and D0 set up for this investigation. She transmits the discovery to everyone.

Slumping back to the ground she sighs. "Let's... let's just take care of what we can here. Let's get these bodies down so they have some dignity."

Kei's communicator chirps and she sees Naomi's discovery pan out like a nightmare.

"Son of a... May, Get me a change of clothes so I can start my patrol We got 4 more squids to handle."

"Aren't you low on energy, Kei?"

"Not completely. I can still play recon. Just grab the spare flight suit I keep for occasions like this."

"Oh that SAR suit?"

"That'll do, high-visibility will be a good thing."

May rushes off to the Dragon as Kei starts looking for a place to change. May yells "Heads Up!" from the helipad above their location and Kei flies up to get it.

"Actually, I can change up here."

After a few moments she was in a international orange and red drysuit like flight suit and had a new set of gear on. "Okay I'm going to do some deep scans. something like those critters when they tunnel have to disturb the ground around them as they dig their tunnels. I can scan the area with my personal radar while flying overhead and find out where our rogue calamari went to."

"Once I either run out of juice or got locations on new hostiles, I'm heading back here."

Kei turns all her senses on and hovers up. "Thanks for remembering the parachute by the way."

May nods as Kei starts her patrol.

It took Kei some time, but she was able to determine that there was another exit to the cave system. It came out in the forest far away from the complex, hidden in a gorge. These creatures were definitely trying to get away from the team.

But Maier had Naomi take another look at the bodies of the Americans and she had good news – those two men hadn’t been host for any of the squidlings. So far, it looked like two were loose and one body, probably an incubated one, were missing. That made the scenario only a little better.

"Naomi." Rob said over the communicator as he hurried through the cave system towards the rear exit, his active sonar still pinging the passages and tunnels for more squidoos. "I hate to be all typecast-y, but can you track by scent? Cos if they've gotten out into the woods, we need to pinpoint them quick before they disperse. We're looking at an outbreak of calamari-cooties here." He looked at Karrie next to him and keyed his communicator again. "Detective Meier, how fast can you get a cordon up ten miles around that gorge?"

"I hope so too, seems there is a secondary exit into the forest, in the gorge nearby. Seems they are on foot or slithering or... whatever..."

She shivered from the thought of another confrontation at this low of a fueltank. Then she thought of something.

"May, do we have clearance to use the F-35N on this mission?"

"No, Kei, I already checked in on this, too many possibilities for civilian casualties."

Kei cursed as she waited for Naomi's response. She could switch off her senses and go to standard visual once Naomi and company engage.

She makes sure her parachute was on, just incase her juice runs out before she can get safely to the ground. She heads up to about 500 meters, just to buy some extra time to open her chute and to increase her horizon.

It took Kei some time, but she was able to determine that there was another exit to the cave system. It came out in the forest far away from the complex, hidden in a gorge. These creatures were definitely trying to get away from the team.

But Maier had Naomi take another look at the bodies of the Americans and she had good news – those two men hadn’t been host for any of the squidlings. So far, it looked like two were loose and one body, probably an incubated one, were missing. That made the scenario only a little better.

"Naomi." Rob said over the communicator as he hurried through the cave system towards the rear exit, his active sonar still pinging the passages and tunnels for more squidoos. "I hate to be all typecast-y, but can you track by scent? Cos if they've gotten out into the woods, we need to pinpoint them quick before they disperse. We're looking at an outbreak of calamari-cooties here." He looked at Karrie next to him and keyed his communicator again. "Detective Meier, how fast can you get a cordon up ten miles around that gorge?"

"I hope so too, seems there is a secondary exit into the forest, in the gorge nearby. Seems they are on foot or slithering or... whatever..."

"Okay, one at a time, everyone."

"Seems that there is only two Tangos on the move, carrying a body, more than likely."

"And to answer your question, Telluris, I am indeed capable of tracking. I'm heading through the bolt-hole as we speak. If the forest is dense I might actually be at an advantage with my agility and mobility through obstacles. But I am going to need an offensive punch. I just realized I can take a punch or two. I'll be the bait."

She winced from the pain in her back a little. Something was still out of place, but it wasn't as bad as a few moments ago. "Feel up to it, Rob?"

Naomi liked working with these Americans. Their teamwork was a far better change from her near solo-operations in the Nova-Starved Department Zero.

"And Kei, don't worry about things, us ground pounders got things covered. Just play recon, don't put yourself at any risk... particularly stuck in a tree swinging from a parachute."

“I will set up the cordon.” Maier’s voice sounded anxious but remained calm. “I do not know how effective it will be, given the area we will have to cover. But we will start, and will start with the outlets from the gorge. How fast can they move?”

“Fast.” Karrie’s answer wasn’t comforting. “Faster than humans, and surprisingly fast for giant slug-squid things. I think that, given the speed I saw from them… yeah, they couldn’t have gotten more than five miles or so. So ten should be enough, provided that we find them before too much longer.”

The young woman sighed and leaned against Rob, taking comfort in her friend’s solid frame. She still hurt like hell but she could move and help. “I think that using anyone as bait is a bad idea until we run out of other options. Let’s start with tracking and then let Jedi and Rob do what they do best – lay out tons of kick ass.”

Archived