Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 13: Against All Odds....

Justin OOC

Her heart hurt. Skye wasn’t sure how many more blows she could take before it just stopped, worn down by a relentlessly cruel life. Tsunami will not let that happen, she thought; a moment later, the beautiful woman was laughing at the thought that her goddess wouldn’t let her escape from life. It wasn’t an amused thought and Skye wondered if she were going insane. Maybe I’ll stop caring. Maybe She’ll strip me of power and I can rest in blissful imbalance.

“Lily, I’ve spent some time in Bazaroth,” Skye admitted when her giggles subsided. “I believe that’s why I feel it pulling at me. Worse, during that last jump, I saw one of my old enemies. He seems to be… aware of me.” She wouldn’t, couldn’t talk about Kazuo. The words, if they were made real, would hurt her too much.

“Let’s not focus too much on Bazaroth.” Skye’s voice was tight as she spoke. “If they had the power to do this, they would have started years ago. I don’t doubt that they are up to something terrible. But if we focus on them, we might lose sight of another enemy.”

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Francis' eyes were closed, his teeth lightly gritted and his hand rested on Nagareboshi's butt comfortingly. Homeline- gone. So another one is claimed- Nothing's going to happen to you. We'll put an end to this. Except they still didn't know any more other than hints of Bazaroth. The fact that Rebecca was reflexively reaching for every theory under the sun didn't help.

"Except we're not much closer to the answer than before. There WERE Invaders coming in there though... though I don't know if even a full force of theirs could destroy an universe."

Shiyu was about to speak when the wave came into view, she keyed a few commands into her wrist computer before she froze. When she awoke from that nightmare she saw the new people around her, she was trembling. Her eyes spoke volumes but she could see others were just as shaken, if not violent, she brought herself back in. A deep breath later she was recomposed, she would have to vent later, but now was not the time for it. "The destruction or shielding was too quick for it to be mere visions and invaders, after all, you don't destroy what you want to conquer, but they might be a glitch, or the real threat, more data is required I believe."

Kai looked at them all, obviously shaken, already the image was fleeing his memory, only the white wings remained. "We need to go."

"Admiral, how long before we can jump?"

"Three hours."

He looked to Sakura. "We have to try, now. I promise you, I won't let it go badly."

"Then we should get to work then."

Klan looked at him. "Where are we going, Kai?"

"Aradia."

"The world is sealed."

"And we have the key, a better one than even I."

He looked at Sakura. "The world locked itself away when you came through, and now, you may be the last hope to get there, You Sakura, are the Living Master Key for the world of Aradia."

He looked at each of the others. "I do not know what you all saw, only that it had to be something jarring, vile, and made to make us despair. I refuse that path. we will continue on, we will find the source of this wanton destruction, and defeat it, and I give you my word We will Restore everything that's been destroyed. We will succeed, We Must Succeed."

He spoke with ain air of quiet confidence even as the soft glow of the lines of his command mantra bathed the room. "I will get you all home safely, I promise."

(end chapter 13 10 cp to everyone)

Archived