[OpNet] Important announcement

Doctor Nova Madigan

No, I kept an open mind.

Something to remember, Flicker; Never announce something on April Fools Day. You will run into skeptics.

I was skeptical, but I tried to keep an open mind so if April Second rolled around, and you still followed the course, I would... ahem... to say the least I would be accepting of your decision.

But it was a prank, and some got burned I would assume.

Let's just hope you didn't burn the wrong folk.

Well I thought it was funny, and admonishing her about not "burning" the "wrong folk" is a bit silly, in my opinion. Judging by what I've seen of her on the OpNet so far, I'm pretty sure she's intelligent enough to have considered possible repercussions and consequences, and probably doesn't need someone pointing it out to her. Talk about bursting someone's bubble...

Okay, that was in bad taste, but you get the point.

...All right, I'm stopping now, seriously.

If you ask me this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. I doubt anyone was burned by the post since open minds reign supreme here, even those who seem full of hot air at times.

So far no one here seems to have puffed up opinions of themselves, when it comes to stuff like this.

And if you were insulted by this April Fool's Day joke, no worries. By next year Fuusen will have completely (and universally) reinvented April Fool's Day any way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Velvet:
Well I thought it was funny, and admonishing her about not "burning" the "wrong folk" is a bit silly, in my opinion. Judging by what I've seen of her on the OpNet so far, I'm pretty sure she's intelligent enough to have considered possible repercussions and consequences, and probably doesn't need someone pointing it out to her. Talk about bursting someone's bubble...

Okay, that was in bad taste, but you get the point.

...All right, I'm stopping now, seriously.
Velvet, My intent was not as harsh as you believe. And there are at times unintended consequences. I am more concerned about her safety than about her logic.

The One Race doesn't think with one mind.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuusen:
I'm just trying to drive home that one's joke is another's insult. So one should tread lightly around a Snake's den. Lest they step on a tail.
So... you're calling the Teragen a den of snakes? Just clarifying. smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Velvet:
Quote:
I'm just trying to drive home that one's joke is another's insult. So one should tread lightly around a Snake's den. Lest they step on a tail.
So... you're calling the Teragen a den of snakes? Just clarifying. smile
Assumption is your forte'.

Would you rather I said don't walk around in a packed room with heavy feet, for you are sure to step on someone's toes?

Seriously, you sound QUITE confrontational.

Quote:
Assumption is your forte'.

Would you rather I said don't walk around in a packed room with heavy feet, for you are sure to step on someone's toes?

Seriously, you sound QUITE confrontational.
Heh. You're the one who said it, doll, so my preference is irrelevant. I was just asking for clarification.

Quote:
I am starting to think you guys are the meanest folk to walk the Earth.
I'm not mean, I'm just a jerk. Also, I'm honest and practical. It means that I let my mouth get me into trouble sometimes.

Speaking of: "Balloon?" You need a better agent. Just some friendly advice. wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean McCline:
Quote:
I am starting to think you guys are the meanest folk to walk the Earth.
I'm not mean, I'm just a jerk. Also, I'm honest and practical. It means that I let my mouth get me into trouble sometimes.

Speaking of: "Balloon?" You need a better agent. Just some friendly advice. wink
I picked the name myself. I've found lately to be liking the whimsical. That and it matches what I can do. I'm not just that though. I can stretch to quite a distance and manipulate myself now like I was completely rubberized!

Sure is helpful when I need to get something in the workshop and it's out of normal reach.

Inflating is just a minor addition. I find it quite fun anyways.

Not that I enjoy flying the freak flag, but... come on. If it's the way you are, you just have to deal with it, you know?

Fuck....inflate like a balloon? I thought I won the lame power award....damn, looks like I've been unseated.

I mean, sure you have that other shit you can do, but it the world went bonkers and everybody got reduced to their lamest power....at least I could get a job at a movie theatre or as a security guard.

Balloon...damn.

As I recall, a car hit her, and she bounced around the street for a while. Hmm...must hunt down a video clip of that. I'm sure it was recorded.

Other than that, being rubberized can be useful, in creative hands. Although...rubberized, hyperintelligent, technical with a love of complex gadgets, always getting into highly improbable situations...my, my, Sakurako. You're almost as bad as Dr. Troll now. Did you ever get that 'outfit' from Sandcaster? If not, I'll color it blue and send it to you when I get back to my lab.

Archived